Fans Toys "release schedule"

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by DinobotGrimlock, Nov 22, 2016.

1. DinobotGrimlock

DinobotGrimlock Well-Known Member

I know ft never meets deadlines but if this release schedule is to be believed they're going to end up owning my house.

December 2016
    Grinder $200
    Sovereign $155

FT-18 Lupus $145 Weirdwolf

January 2017
    FT-16 Sovereign $155 Galvatron

After CNY
    FT-08 Grinder $200 Grimlock

May 2017
    FT-10 Phoenix $219 Skyfire/Jetfire
    FT-25 Outrider $100 Trailbreaker
    FT-27 Spindrift $60 Seaspray

June 2017
    FT-20 Terminus Giganticus A $270 Omega Supreme
    FT-21 Berserker $145 Blitzwing
    FT-19 Apache $140 Springer

July 2017
    FT-22 Koot $100 Cup

August 2017
    FT-20 Terminus Giganticus B $200 Omega Supreme

October 2017
    FT-28 Hydra $150 Sixshot

There is no way I can afford all that even if I didn't collect takara or other 3p. Fortunately their track record this year they have only gotten last year's releases out and they are going to be hard pressed to get this year's out before January which will lead into Chinese New Year again. But still ft has a lot of product they are looking to produce. I hope they pace it a bit more than they plan so we can keep up.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Son of Carl

Son of Carl ROCK BEATS EVERYTHING

What are Sentinel A and Sentinel B?

3. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

It's Omega Supreme. They're selling him in two kits, one coming out in June 2017 and another coming out in Aug or Oct 2017. You have to buy both to make him into the robot mode.

4. Son of Carl

Son of Carl ROCK BEATS EVERYTHING

Gotcha. I only knew him as Terminus Giganticus.

5. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Early December Lupus
    January Sovereign
    Grinder after that

6. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

Yeah me too. I think they changed the name or something. TFSource has them up for pre-order as of now if you want to look at it. I'm sure everyone will have it posted by morning.

7. King Nergil

King Nergil Humanoid anchovy

This thread is a good idea - and long overdue, given the amount of FT projects. But a few hours ago dalianjj has posted in a thread that Sovereign will be out in January and Grinder after CNY. None of the dates in the first post seems realistic. Sorry.

8. DinobotGrimlock

Yeah sorry my bad. I've corrected it.

9. DinobotGrimlock

Fanstoys has 2 reputations, they make great figs and release them in their own sweet time.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Initial_G

Initial_G Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    man that's actually a LOT of FansToys, kinda scary to think of and how much $$$ is heading their way lol

Given delays etc, that list pretty much has the entire year covered and there's still a couple of numbers unaccounted for yet. Things that come to mind are the silhouettes for Scourge, Cyclonus and Devastator .... wouldn't mind seeing a Astrotrain, Jazz, Cliffjumper or even their take on Megatron :) 

argh ... FansToys owns me >_>

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hail Galvatron

Hail Galvatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm definitely down for Astrotrain, Jazz and Cliffjumper. Also someone needs to finally make an Arcee. Mindwipe and Skullcruncher are probably inevitable if Lupus does well. And, hey, if their combiners are successful... how about Predaking? :) 

12. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    Only need to pre order a few of those :D 

13. the oaf

the oaf Well-Known Member

I’ve never understood the gushing adulation that Fantoysboys have for their products. I’m not saying they’re bad, just not any better (or worse) than any other top tier 3rd party company… but the likes of MMC, Maketoys or Badcube, whilst talked about highly, don’t elicit that same kind of blind (some might say almost fanatical) devotion that Fanstoys seems to. You’d think they were giving out a free reacharound with every purchase… I seem to have missed out on that though.

Anyway, I’m not down on FT at all… I have a few figures (their Insecticons, Perceptor and Reflector), and love them… I just like to keep my options open, and don’t always think they produce the best of any particular figure I’m after… I went with Gigapower for the Dinobots, for example. That being said, I am looking forward to their Jetfire which I put a deposit on immediately, I’m probably going to get their Seaspray (even though his massive feet bug me a little, but that’s a price you have to pay with that character), Kup is between FT and Toyworld as I’m after a more IDW stylized version, and Omega Supreme is once again a toss up between FT and Giga, so I’m waiting for more reveals on both of those before I make a decision.

The rest of their releases (so far) are characters I either have no interest in whatsoever for my collection, or ones I already have and don’t see any benefit to changing. I really like their Galavatron… and if I were in the market for him, he’s be the way I’d go… along with XTB’s Scourge and Cyclonus. I’m still looking forward to seeing what they’ll come up with in the future, though… just at the moment they’re not doing much to tickle my fancy.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Just want there skyfire , cyclonus , and possibly there take on Devastator

15. GeneralLeeSpkng

GeneralLeeSpkng Purveyor of Futility

News Credits:
    To my eye FT consistently produces better products than the other "top tier" companies. I think that BC MMC and MT are usually fantastic with KFC right up there, but FT just has that edge I can't quantify. It is ridiculous how having a clear personal opinion on which company hit the mark on an individual level is so often described as gushing or blind love. No one is forcing anyone to agree or feel the same.

• Like Like x 9
  16. the oaf

the oaf Well-Known Member

The only reason I describe it as such is the amount of posters I’ve seen who say things like “I’ll buy anything FT makes” or “If FT makes XXX character, they’ve got my money”.

Really? You don’t want to at least see it first? You’d even buy a figure of a character you don’t care about? That’s what makes them sound a bit fanatical. I know FT produce a very good product, but I don’t have that much blind faith in any company, no matter how good their reputation.

• Like Like x 2
  17. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can we add the G1 name (I have forgotten who Spindrift and Berserker were) and keep this regularly updated? Might actually help me plan my finances better.

• Like Like x 1
  18. GeneralLeeSpkng

GeneralLeeSpkng Purveyor of Futility

News Credits:
    I believe what you are seeing is hyperbole. I feel confident that if FT makes a character I care about I will likely prefer it but obviously wouldn't pay for it sight unseen. I doubt others would either.

19. st.ranger

st.ranger Emperor of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lets face it, half of that release dates has been revealed by retailers. No official release for Berserk.

You should add 6 months to everyone. Then we will close to real release date.

20. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Update: