Fans Toys FT-41 Sheridan (Masterpiece Warpath)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by JPrime, Jul 14, 2018.

1. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Primes bumper in bot mode couldn't possibly fold along the sides...crazy as that sounds.

Again...to answer your question as to why...because they didn't want it to...it would be dumb.

Just like it would be dumb for Megatron to transform into a giant handgun.

Or Soundwave to transform into a giant tape recorder.

To use your previous argument of logic...logically...the size of a combiner should be the sum of its parts. However, logic in the G1 cartoon is not present. The "logic" of the animators was that the gestalt is big...so let's draw it big.

The logic of the animators, is that Astrotrain turns into a very large space shuttle and a somewhat small locomotive engine whereas blastoff turns into a small space shuttle unless he is attached to Bruticus to which he is huge because gestalt mode has to be big just because....

And technically, if you want to throw mass shifting for transformation into the argument, then all cassette bots mass shifted in robot mode depending on whether they were fighting with a human or not, and bumblebee would mass shift when around spike for all the scenes in which they were nearly the same height but would grow larger when he was around the other bots.

So again...no logic. It's a poorly drawn cartoon meant to sell toys. There are no facts that will support you're argument simply because it was done just because.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Badcube in tank mode, this guy in bot mode. You'll need both because the transformation will likely be unfun for this guy ;) 

3. Alimcd

Alimcd Well-Known Member

Can’t be any less fun than Badcube!

I recently sold off all my masterpieces whose Transformations I just don’t get any enjoyment from.

Wardog was part of that cull.

Wardog was first, Sunsurge not long after

• Like Like x 2
  4. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

Huh. Now that there's a guess on the height of Sheridan, if he's a touch over 7" tall, that would be a really good size. Looking at his hands, the proportions to a carbot or Seeker would make Sheridan a "skinny" alternative to Wardog. That said, anything will be a transformation sequence improvement over Wardog, so even FT can't boot this one too badly.

Uh-oh, I just said it...

• Like Like x 1
  5. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I think 7" is a wild stab in the dark. Show Z have Zeta Bruticus down as 17" and we all know that's not true.

Plus I forgot there was this:

TFcon-3rd-Party-Panel-344.jpg

There's no chance FT are stoopid enough to do 7" Beachcomber and Brawn.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That picture right there is pretty much the end of the argument. Anyone who knows anything about FT knows they adhere to the scale chart. Always. Their bot modes are always in line with the original animation character sheets.
    We may not have a scale chart height for Warpath but we know how tall Brawn and Beachcomber are supposed to be. Based off that we should be able to work out Sheridan’s height to within half an inch.
    We KNOW that FT will do Brawn and Beachcomber to the scale chart. So we also know that Sheridan will be at most a head taller then these other two minibots.
    Any other argument is kind of pointless when we know that.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Ragnar454

Ragnar454 Well-Known Member

Exactly, it would be dumb to have any character to be able to mass shift at anytime and to any size. (Which is your view). It would cause too many plot holes. So they put limits on when and how much mass shifting is possible.

Yes Astro train always does his mass shifting durning transformation and when going to bot mode he always mass shift to around the same seeker height. That was done on purpose, because if he stayed at the same mass as in shuttle mode he would be gaint and didn’t work for the story.

Yes when there is a variation in size like rumble is because it was drawn bad and strayed from what the other 90% of the cartoon was doing. It doesn’t mean rumble was mass shifting in robot mode to different sizes.

There is a reason mass shifting is in the cartoon. It wasn’t put there to help characters fight, because it never happens that way. It was put there for the purpose of explaining how a large robot can transform into a gun or a hollow van. That didn’t magically happen. You don’t throw a bunch of words on a paper and get a book. Thought is involved.

Starscream and Ironhide have the same mass in robot mode. Does a van and a jet have the same mass? No, so one or both have to mass shift during transformation.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

The issue is as children,we used our imaginations. Now as adults we want to embrace reality. I say screw physics and give me a cool robot..

• Like Like x 5
  9. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This, this and this.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

Guys guys guys. I can only like so many posts in a single thread

• Like Like x 2
  11. Necrobot

Necrobot Mechanoid Vivisectionist

But I really wanted to make a version of this scene...

8.JPG

For mountainous terrain, I've got some tan blankets I throw over some junk to make "texture".

Seven inches is kinda tall... but it could work.

tf_rotf00125.jpg
    tf_rotf00117-26895-1024-1024-80-wm-left_top-100-Unicroncomwatermarkpng.jpg

I mean... He's almost the size of Starscream in this episode.

And below, he's roughly the same size as Smokescreen.

tf_rotf00060-25768-1024-1024-80-wm-left_top-100-Unicroncomwatermarkpng.jpg

Much like my attitude towards TR-01 Hova /Agent Meister... I haven't written off Sheridan yet.

But if it takes five years for FT-41 to be released... well, that might be a deal breaker.

Cheers!!

PS... Unicron.com RULES!!!!

12. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Sorry for the smartass comment....But....What does that mean exactly? That the alt mode can be trashed?

He and Powerglide (as mentioned a few pages back, another prime offender of the scale chart) have been semi consistently been shown as larger than Bee, who all things considered is the minobot benchmark.

13. Bubbah

Bubbah Master of Disaster

News Credits:
    I’m in the camp that would like to see Warpath be about carbot height. Yes he’s considered a minibot, but majority of the show he was much larger. I don’t want him large, like Starscream or Prime, but he definitely should be larger than Bee, Seaspray, Huffer, etc. Outside of his original toy, I never fully understood why he was considered a minibot. Just IMHO of course.

• Like Like x 2
  14. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    That very few ppl actually display in alt mode.

I get it bud. We all like what we all like but you've highlighted the very issue of using screen grabs for scale. Do you want him the size of Smokescreen or Starscream? Two very different heights in different scenes in different episodes. You can't have both.

That being said the discussion has already been put to bed. He's a head taller than FT Brawn and Beachcomber and there's no way they're gonna be 6.5" tall:

TFcon-3rd-Party-Panel-344.jpg

15. pilot00

Yeah but....do you honestly believe thats a valid reason to ignore/relegate the altmode to an afterthought?

16. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    It's a joke, I thought the 'lol' after it might have given the light hearted side away.

That being said, yes, the size of the alt mode should always be an afterthought, imo, as robot height should always come first. It's exactly what Takara do and the vast majority of third parties who make figures to compliment them. If I wanted a group of vehicles that looked right together I'd collect model kits.

• Like Like x 4
  17. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    SOOOO, not bumped up yet to first place huh? hmmm, another day, another wait lol

18. Tryptlock

Tryptlock Well-Known Member

And my big takeaway from that screenshot is, "Holy crap! Rumble next to Spike in that shot actually roughly fits the tininess of the little MP-10 Spike figure next to MP Rumble!" (I say this without having either figure here in front of me to look at, though.)

As for Warpath's height, I think I prefer the roughly carbot range. In the absence of an official scale chart appearance, I suppose one could look through all the screenshots, take note of which height category he's most often depicted in, and consider that "official."

• Like Like x 2
  19. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

I always thought the size Badcube went with worked well for both modes. But I do dig the bot mode FT is going for,it's a pretty screen accurate representation of Warpath..and I won't feel bad if his transformation is a little less Badcubey..

• Like Like x 3
  20. pilot00

I am reading on the fly in between work breaks, so excsuse me if sometimes I dont read the finer print :) 

I kind of see your point, but on the other hand if we wanted robots only, well the action masters werent a bad idad after all eh? :lolol 

I am kidding ofc.