Fans Toys FT-31A-E (Masterpiece Menasor/Stunticons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Jun 29, 2018.

1. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Unless show z made a random date just to get preorders, I was thinking the same, and only can pray it is not the case or at least ft does both simultaneously like zeta did.

• Like Like x 1
  2. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Instagram:
    If he wanted them to rival the Autobots, it would make sense that he would make them bigger and stonger. Why would a tryranical megalomanic limit his creations? A sense of playing fair? o_O 

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I hope this will release as a box set. Once hes combined, he'll likely stay that way. Hell, this will damn near finish of my MP cons.

I preorder everything so... might as well...

4. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Although that would be a nice option, I doubt they'll do that.
    Dude, I don't know what else to tell ya.

5. 18inchcombiner

18inchcombiner Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So happy that FT is delivering us actual MP combiners.

6. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Now we just need a properly scaled Magnum PI figurine to go with FT Wildrider.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

I think I might have come back around on this. I’ve been intently staring at my tfm havoc and constructor standing next to each other. I still think I want my menasor smaller then my devestator..... but the more I look at this, the more I’m wanting my menasor to be only slightly shorter. Just a touch. So car bot scale team members with combiner pants.

I also am reasonable about animation scale errors. However I do think the intent was to have them smaller but when drew they grew

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  8. jxb1105

jxb1105 Active Member

Man, this really sucks...I was really looking forward to FT Superion. Maybe XTB will cash in with a cheaper set. They have already blew me away with their first two stunticon limbs.

• Like Like x 1
  9. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That’s just speculation. It’s more likely we’ll see releases from both FansToys Superion and Menasor next year, but probably won’t see a completed combiner until at least 2020. Maybe late 2019 if we’re lucky. At least from FansToys. I think X-Transbots will be done with their Menasor by next year. Who knows when DX-9 will be done.

10. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe if you want slightly shorter than Constructor than X-Transbots is the one for you (purely based on height ignoring all other potential factors). We have no specifics on FT Menasor yet, but their Superion is reported to be the "tallest ever" and "in scale with Terminus Giganticus". I expect their Menasor to be similar, and thus taller than Constructor. It may end up shorter than an eventual FT Devastator since they haven't given us anything to indicate if they would all be the same size or not. Reports are that DX9 should be the same size as Constructor, 50cm, and that X-Transbots should be 1cm shorter at 49cm, however we don't know how much rounding was involved with those numbers.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Marvel Legends Magnum PI. Make it happen!

12. botfan

botfan Quote this Avatar

Hater's gotta hate. On another note, we probably won't be seeing stunticons from FT for a long time, so what's their most likely next release? It was supposed to be Blitzwing, but now they're retooling him indefinitely. Does that move hot rod, outrider, or cyclonus further up the release list?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What multiple retailers have told me is they believe Sixshot is next. Hot Rod "should be later this year" as of May 5th, Cyclonus is in color like Sixshot and Mindwipe but nothing specific on release. There has been nothing on Trailbreaker. Dalianjj's last actual comment (he posted G1 lineart a month or so later) was August 2016 when he said release would be around the end of the year or the beginning of the next (2017). Nothing on that project since then. This close to TFCon I won't worry until after the convention, but if there is no news there I would give up.

Dalianjj's last comment on Trailbreaker 8/29/2016. EDIT: Unless there was something in another thread, I specifically looked up posts by him in the Outrider thread.

14. Aaronstampler

Aaronstampler Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    FWIW GCI says Mindwipe will be released on July 19th and Cyclonus on August 28th. Nothing about Sixshot...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When did you see that, or ask? I haven't seen that, but what I said about Sixshot sounded like guesses because his "preorder window" closed in May. One retailer specifically told me they hadn't heard yet which figure was next from FT back in May. If GCI has actual knowledge from FT that would definitely be more likely than guesses.

16. Aaronstampler

Aaronstampler Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    It’s on their website if you google GCI toys. They’ve also got an interesting option on there on a kit for Cliffjumper if you were unsettled on the Toro v. Hellion debate and were put off my Toro’s massive backpack

• Like Like x 1
  17. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here's the link to Mindwipe: Fan Toys FT-23 Dracula (MP Scale Mindwipe).
    And here's for Cyclonus: Fan Toys FT-29 Quietus (MP Scale Cyclonus)

Based on a number of retailers, i.e. GCI, ShowZ, etc, it appears that Mindwipe is going to be FT's next release. Later this month or early next month seems to be the consensus.

• Like Like x 1
  18. 18inchcombiner

18inchcombiner Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They showed you the evidence with all the cartoon cells showing the facts that they are sized accordingly.

However MP scale to match their other bigger bots (that are Iron Dibots/MP Dinobots and FT-10 PHOENIX/MP Skyfire) would be 55-57 cm which I call PERFECT Masterpiece scale and the proportions will automatically be there.
    51+-54 cm will be near perfect.
    50 CM is adequate for a placeholder as the shortest combiner who is Menasor.
    46-50 CM proportions will most likely be all over the place which is why I loathe TW Constructor as well as it's inaccuracy.
    45.72 cm/18" is Voyager scale told to me by a Hasbro Rep when I asked about why "voyager scale" was placed on the Combiner Wars Devastator box as Titan class in which he replied " it's just a bigger character in Voyager class". He also stated sometimes they get their scales wrong in MP when I mentioned some of my complaints but on that part we agreed :) 

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  19. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I'm petty sure Hydra will be FT's next release.
    But like BSF pointed out in his recent video commentary about the business practices of Fanstoys, it is a bit concerning seeing as how 2018 is half over and FT has released only 1 all new mold/character, Rouge.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Necrobot

Necrobot Well-Known Member

Scale is a fools game... like continuity in the Marvel Universe...

In order for the Autobots to pull a ruse and impersonate Stunticons, one would think that they were similarly sized.

Could Skyfire impersonate Starscream?! Maybe... if Starscream had been eating his Wheaties and bathed in the Underbase!!

Anyhoo... My curiosity is piqued! Just how tall will the FT Menasor be?!

For that matter... how tall with the combined mode for the XTB and DX9 Stunticons be?!

I assume all of these questions have been asked... but it's late, and 6AM comes early!

Cheers!!