Fans Toys FT-31 Masterpiece Menasor/Stunticons

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Jun 29, 2018.

1. hellex

hellex Well-Known Member

ShowZ has put up preorders for this.

Price unknown but release date is First Quarter 2019. So looks like FT is skipping their Aerialbots to do this. Definitely a good time for either DX9 / XTB to show their own Superion.

2. GAUGE

GAUGE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Meh.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    assumptions are like anus holes. we all have them. :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  3. botfan

botfan I'm back

Thanks buddy, much appreciated :) . However, I see the hate is still very strong in the FT threads. The biggest lol there is the biggest haters in the FT threads are also the biggest fanboys in the TT threads. Gee, I wonder what they're doing here....

As for the discussion going on right now. I'm inclined to take the side of those arguing the the stunticons are slightly too tall right now. Something in between the DX9 model and their current height would be perfect, so maybe just half-a-head shorter would be great. It's no biggie, though, since they look like amazing figures and the molds easily beat anything else being offered by the other 3Ps.

All the gestaults are great from FT, but I honestly want more carbots from them. The MP line is almost 10 years old and we still don't have a proper Jazz or Mirage? Now that it's painfully clear that TT has gone full toon (if you're still in denial of this, please, just put a drill through your head already) we really need FT to fill in a lot of phase 2 designs that we never got, such as Ironhide, UM, Sunstreaker, and the aforementioned Jazz and Mirage. Seriously, how long do we have to wait for these core 'bots to be part of our collections and not have to settle for "stand-in's" that are shoehorned next to our beautiful Hasui designed carbots?

4. timcrook

timcrook Well-Known Member

Megatron created the stunticons as rivals to the autobot carbots, so that's why they should be (and are) the height of the carbots. When Megatron made them, he had no idea of aerialbots.

Optimus created the aerialbots to rival the seekers, that's why they should be seeker height.

5. hellex

hellex Well-Known Member

Megatron and Optimus created shit. "Primus" i.e. the writers created them in order to be rivals.

Sheesh, next you'll believe there's a Unicron out there as well destroying stuff.

6. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Unless show z made a random date just to get preorders, I was thinking the same, and only can pray it is not the case or at least ft does both simultaneously like zeta did.

• Like Like x 1
  7. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Instagram:
    If he wanted them to rival the Autobots, it would make sense that he would make them bigger and stonger. Why would a tryranical megalomanic limit his creations? A sense of playing fair? o_O 

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I hope this will release as a box set. Once hes combined, he'll likely stay that way. Hell, this will damn near finish of my MP cons.

I preorder everything so... might as well...

9. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Although that would be a nice option, I doubt they'll do that.
    Dude, I don't know what else to tell ya.

10. 18inchcombiner

18inchcombiner Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So happy that FT is delivering us actual MP combiners.

11. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now we just need a properly scaled Magnum PI figurine to go with FT Wildrider.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

I think I might have come back around on this. I’ve been intently staring at my tfm havoc and constructor standing next to each other. I still think I want my menasor smaller then my devestator..... but the more I look at this, the more I’m wanting my menasor to be only slightly shorter. Just a touch. So car bot scale team members with combiner pants.

I also am reasonable about animation scale errors. However I do think the intent was to have them smaller but when drew they grew

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  13. jxb1105

jxb1105 Member

Man, this really sucks...I was really looking forward to FT Superion. Maybe XTB will cash in with a cheaper set. They have already blew me away with their first two stunticon limbs.

• Like Like x 1
  14. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That’s just speculation. It’s more likely we’ll see releases from both FansToys Superion and Menasor next year, but probably won’t see a completed combiner until at least 2020. Maybe late 2019 if we’re lucky. At least from FansToys. I think X-Transbots will be done with their Menasor by next year. Who knows when DX-9 will be done.

15. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe if you want slightly shorter than Constructor than X-Transbots is the one for you (purely based on height ignoring all other potential factors). We have no specifics on FT Menasor yet, but their Superion is reported to be the "tallest ever" and "in scale with Terminus Giganticus". I expect their Menasor to be similar, and thus taller than Constructor. It may end up shorter than an eventual FT Devastator since they haven't given us anything to indicate if they would all be the same size or not. Reports are that DX9 should be the same size as Constructor, 50cm, and that X-Transbots should be 1cm shorter at 49cm, however we don't know how much rounding was involved with those numbers.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Marvel Legends Magnum PI. Make it happen!

17. botfan

botfan I'm back

Hater's gotta hate. On another note, we probably won't be seeing stunticons from FT for a long time, so what's their most likely next release? It was supposed to be Blitzwing, but now they're retooling him indefinitely. Does that move hot rod, outrider, or cyclonus further up the release list?

18. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What multiple retailers have told me is they believe Sixshot is next. Hot Rod "should be later this year" as of May 5th, Cyclonus is in color like Sixshot and Mindwipe but nothing specific on release. There has been nothing on Trailbreaker. Dalianjj's last actual comment (he posted G1 lineart a month or so later) was August 2016 when he said release would be around the end of the year or the beginning of the next (2017). Nothing on that project since then. This close to TFCon I won't worry until after the convention, but if there is no news there I would give up.

Dalianjj's last comment on Trailbreaker 8/29/2016. EDIT: Unless there was something in another thread, I specifically looked up posts by him in the Outrider thread.

19. Aaronstampler

Aaronstampler Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    FWIW GCI says Mindwipe will be released on July 19th and Cyclonus on August 28th. Nothing about Sixshot...

• Like Like x 1
  20. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When did you see that, or ask? I haven't seen that, but what I said about Sixshot sounded like guesses because his "preorder window" closed in May. One retailer specifically told me they hadn't heard yet which figure was next from FT back in May. If GCI has actual knowledge from FT that would definitely be more likely than guesses.