Fans Toys FT-29 Quietus (Masterpiece Cyclonus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by icemanff23, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Vwfan88

Vwfan88 Autobruh

Quietus is one of FT's best work! i love it

• Like Like x 9
  2. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine just shipped out. I can't wait for it arrive. I don't know whether or not to display it facing off with MP-22 Ultra Magnus or FT Apache.

3. Hellion42

Hellion42 Unreliable News Source

News Credits:
    It's going to look less out of place posed with Apache. Magnus towers over him (which I'm fine with... season 3's everyone-is-the-same-height-as-everyone-else-in-this-scene animation shortcut aesthetic doesn't hold any water with me).

------
    Got mine in tonight. What a gorgeous figure. In hand, the primary color looks fine. Not pick-your-picture-perfect, but really good. The finish is great, the feel is great, the articulation is close to great, the accessories are great. The sculpt is amazing if a bit lankier than I'd prefer. Haven't transformed it yet because I may not want to put it back into bot mode.

My Sovereign is boxed up and stored away, but Quietus looks great next to Andras (who also serves as an excellent color foil since he's so blue). Really good stuff.

4. MINDVVIPE

MINDVVIPE Well-Known Member

This is the look after one coat of pledge.
    It's a bit irregular in it's texture, but generally pretty smooth. That said, one coat doesnt protect it from scratching further so I'd need to add more coats if this is going to work.

Attached Files:

5. LunchBox26

LunchBox26 Well-Known Member

Dang! That sucks. I'm going to try the ceramic coating I used on my wife's car. It is supposed to have a hardness rating of 9h.

• Like Like x 3
  6. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

That should do the trick!

7. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

You gna transform it or keep in statue mode? :) 

8. Hellion42

Hellion42 Unreliable News Source

News Credits:
    I can't really tell there's an extra topcoat, so that's good. I'm glad you're getting a replacement. That's... rough.

Decided to transform it. Would have gone a lot smoother if the tolerances didn't feel off by a tiny bit every other part. The arm/shoulder hinges were super tight, to the point where the left side didn't want to rotate that last bit to sit flush. Decided to disassemble the shoulders so I could work the rotation a bit. After some back and forth, they loosened up enough that it didn't feel like I was going to torque shear the joint. While it was apart I tried to test fit the cockpit and sure enough the socket needed shaving. I did the purple part, then realized later that the clear orange needed a bit too. I think I'll save that for the Dremel the next time I transform it. Everything about the legs felt super awkward thanks to the tightness of the toes/feet getting in the way of moving the needed parts in concert with one another. The peg joining the jet nozzles to the arms were also ridiculously tight. Not really sure why that needed a Fort Knox-level connection. But it did get into jet mode.

And it is gorgeous. I'm not even going to go into detail because it's just going to be gushing. I wanted to leave it in jet mode for my girlfriend to oooh and aaah over when she gets up for work, but I didn't want to risk damage to the chest piece from having it so close to the table. The clearance with the landing gear is barely there. (Side note about the chest: I'm not a fan of unnecessary die cast parts, but I think the chest might be partly due to jet mode balance. If the chest were plastic, the jet would be very back-heavy. Just a thought.)

Getting it back to bot mode was mostly uneventful once the legs were taken care of. I had a hard time getting the backpack all folded up, but I eventually realized what I was doing wrong. Pulling the shoulders back out to re-engage the ratchets did not feel good, but all seems well. I made sure to be careful with the chest, so far no issues. I then spent far too much time trying to position an Ocean con symbol on the chest. I went with a clear background style. It looks good head-on, with enough contrast to pop, but from an angle not so much. I would have loved some unobtrusive panel lines to give me more to work with in regards to getting the symbol centered. I tried to make do with some scotch tape and then the transfer wanted to come up with the clear film instead of adhering and then it ended up crooked anyway because of course it is.

Overall I think the engineering of the transformation was pretty good, and very clever in parts. But because of the tolerances nothing quite went smoothly. It's not something I'm going to transform frequently, but the payoff is worth it no matter which direction you're going. Quietus is a knockout. A bit high-maintenance, but worth it.

• Like Like x 4
  9. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

You have to do a bit better than 20% off -- 20% off $140 is $112.

As more people buy from China-based sellers, the next logical step is to have US exclusives (maybe a badge, booklet, extra face/hand/weapon etc).

10. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Just transformed my Quietus. Some steps were missing from the instructions but gets figured out quickly.
    I have the problem where the cockpit/canopy part having a hard time tabbing in. Will try transforming it a few times over to see if it resolves the issue.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Insectabot

Insectabot Well-Known Member

I agree, definitely steps missing. Like folding out tabs that go into the back of thighs etc. also mine too, it just will not go in. I dont think it’s the tabs for me though because everything is going in. I think it’s like a panel or something underneath that is blocking it??

12. CowboyFromHell

CowboyFromHell Use my third party

rating of 9 hours? It doesn't protect very long!

13. Mentasm

Mentasm Instrument of Destruction

I wish I hard a hardness rating of... Oh never mind.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Pcm979

Pcm979 Some Guy

The h stands for 'hat'. It has a hardness rating equal to nine hard-hats placed on top of each other.

• Like Like x 5
  15. CyberRat

CyberRat Well-Known Member

omg! That sucks! Is this a common problem?

16. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Pretty sure his is just defective.

17. MINDVVIPE

Yeah so far I think there were only 2 others who mentioned that the paint scuffed where the knees touch the chest in alt mode but no one has mentioned the paint wear to the extent that mine is wearing.

• Like Like x 1
  18. mags2424

mags2424 TT and 3P MP Advocate

If you don't mind and not judging at all. How much to you handle your figures? Is this after a couple transformations or many?

19. MINDVVIPE

Transformed him into both modes twice each now, and usually pose and leave alone for hours at a time with some handling in between. Probably did this about 20 - 25 times in the 3 weeks or so that I've had him now, so really not that much, but enough to get to know the figure well enough.
    My heels which are the same paint over die cast situation are totally fine.
    I also own Koot, Rouge, Dracula, Lupus, Grenadier, and Sovereign and none of them have paint scratching except maybe for Rouge in places that are corners or edges, but so minimal I don't even know for sure or how bad off the top of my head.

• Like Like x 1
  20. PsyberianTiger

PsyberianTiger Unknown member

Anyone familiar with ebay China seller toy-sir? They have a good deal on this & im wondering if they are legit.
    Baba is sold out...