Fans Toys FT-25 Outrider (Masterpiece Trailbreaker)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by 0ursisthefury, Aug 29, 2016.

1. ROXXOR

ROXXOR Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I would be very disappointed if FansToys held off on Outrider because of a pending Takara release. FansToys has done one of the 1984 cars (Hound) and he and my Takara Wheeljack are probably my favorite depiction of a 1984 Carbot. I'd love to see them slip Outrider into their release schedule before Takara releases theirs. I expect that a FansToys Trailbreaker would be better than Takara's take.

FansToys seems to be successful with their reissues of older molds, so perhaps they wouldn't get that with Outrider.... or maybe they're worried that it wouldn't sell with a pending Takara release.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

I would too. I'm hoping they still release it because more options are better and I think it will sell well. Based on dalianjj's reply it definitely sounds like it's on the back burner though. Who knows if the possibility of a TT release has anything to do with it, but I would understand if that's the case.

3. Spark Extractor

Spark Extractor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I still want this no matter what. Even if Takara revealed Trailbreaker today, it wouldn't be released until the end of the year. FT could get outrider out by beginning of summer. I also one of the people that want both. I'm always about official, but with FT I still want some of their offerings even if it means 'double dipping'. Trailbreaker is one of my favorites and I'd love one with diecast that also follows more closely to the style of MP10-22.

• Like Like x 2
  4. jjh

jjh Well-Known Member

I’ve already got a Trailbreaker (badcube) but I would absolutely get a Fanstoys version.

Pretty please?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ryanme1973

Ryanme1973 Well-Known Member

It stinks about Trailbreaker, but at least we will be seeing Superion sooner rather than later. Supposedly Silverbolt and Airraid are jumping towards the front on the release schedule. Heard Silverbolt is likely after Blitzwing which is after Arcee.

6. Spark Extractor

Spark Extractor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sunstreaker was revealed on May 22nd 2017. I started the thread myself.

Just a note: for dates the US (at least) goes Month/Day/Year. In Japan (and many other places) it goes Day/Month/Year
    So you are looking at 03/06/2017 and thinking March 6th 2017, but it actually says 3rd of June 2017

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ap0calypse

Ap0calypse Well-Known Member

Guess I'll be getting a refund from TFS-Express after all then. Should have got that MMC/Ocular Max Trailbreaker when I had the chance :/

8. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Ok we still know that you live Cabot Lodge Ln, Cypress, Texas, USA :) 

• Like Like x 1
  9. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

That date is June 3, not March 6. I'm pretty sure SS was announced in Spring/Summer timeframe. I'm not saying TT isn't going to produce more movie MPs than they have historically. I'm just saying I don't think that's where they're going to focus all of their energy as they are obviously still working on G1 stuff. Plus, there's a lot more money to be made per mold with the G1 stuff because, as they've already proven, TT will repaint the shit out of the molds and get like 3 different figures out of one mold. They can't really do that with most of the movie stuff.

Also, just an FYI your street/town/zip are completely visible in the screen shot. It looks like you tried to black them out, but they came out visible. You might want to edit.

• Like Like x 1
  10. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Ebay:
    Been caught by that reverse date thing before. Tried to travel to the Ukraine only to be told at the airport that my visa expired on March 4th rather than April 3rd.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Screenshot_20180112-143314.png Screenshot_20180112-142946.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

Regardless of the direction TT is going, or whether they are releasing a TB, I hope FT releases theirs and soon.

Ouch.

13. Ryanme1973

Ryanme1973 Well-Known Member

My bad. I knew when I shipped Sunstreaker I thought it had been 9 months since I paid for the preorder which is about the same time difference on Dinobot. It’s preorder went up in November with a July release. I want Takara to continue making G1 I buy them all. Takara and fanstoys do the best job imo. It’s why on FB I plead with people to support the brand if we want more G1 releases instead of buying the KO and telling everyone who will listen to buy the KO also. But it goes on deaf ears Ben has everyone believing the KO is always better, which is complete shit. Also I don’t think Dalianjj is saying Trailbreaker is so far back on the back burner we won’t see him for years. But he probably wants to get out figures that people don’t already have. They will sell better. Many people won’t buy Trailbreaker because they have Badcube, MMC/OM or XTB. I’ll definitely be buying both fanstoys and Takara whenever they decide to make them.

• Like Like x 1
  14. CigarJackal

Ebay:
    Yeah, I got the dumbass of the day award. Owed some coworkers a round of beer for that one.

15. ROXXOR

ROXXOR Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

I had actually thought about doing this today too but never got around to it. Thanks!

17. CigarJackal

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 1
  18. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for at least PM'ing him about it and getting it directly from the source.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I doubt it will do much good, but I figured every post (from distinct individuals) counts so I'll add I will buy Outrider as soon as he comes out (to go with Speedbump and Terraegis, not replace them), and there is probably a single digit percent chance I will buy Takara's. Just not on board with their aesthetic direction.

20. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    FT's version > Takara's

• Like Like x 1