Fans Toys FT-25 Outrider (Trailbreaker)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by 0ursisthefury, Aug 29, 2016.

1. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

dalianjj confirmed that Apache will be followed by Rouge and then Berserk. Outrider, Hoodlum, Hydra, and Mindwipe in some order will follow afterward next summer.

• Like Like x 1
  2. jjh

jjh Well-Known Member

It’d be nice to get an actual confirmation on Outrider.

3. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Instagram:
    If I have to wait until next summer to get the Trailbreaker that I want, so be it.

4. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Never apologize for an honest post. That's what threads are for.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

I really don't like prepaying for these. I have so much money that sits for over a year

6. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Instagram:
    I like to see a video review or two before plopping down $100 or so for a toy.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    The only place I see worthy of preordering from is Taobao. In addition you only pay a small preorder deposit.....around $4-$7 USD and not the full cost. Doing so gives you anywhere between a 5%-15% discount
    off the full price of the item when it comes in. In addition to the low deposit cost, I only do it about 2 weeks before the item drops.

8. Spark Extractor

Spark Extractor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks! I must have missed that. It's hard to follow all the FT threads.

9. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Looking forward to replacing my XTB Trailbreaker next summer then.

10. eatingcake

eatingcake Well-Known Member

lol, I forgot this exists.. i've had him on pre-order for so long now

ummm, yeah, all combiners in 4 years.. sure ;) 

11. the oaf

the oaf Well-Known Member

This may well be my third version of Trailbreaker.

I first got Badcube’s Speedbump, as I thought the face was the best of all three offerings at that time and the alt. mode was far superior… but as time wore on, other aspects of the design began to niggle at me:

The “flipper” hands, which were an unnecessarily poor design choice;

The kibbly legs, which I originally liked, but started to look more unfinished as time went on;

The overly complex transformation (which I fully expected given the brand) was too frustrating after a while, and the whole “jam the panels up into the roof” backpack was a very inelegant (and visibly messy) solution, and not what I’d come to expect from this company. Badcube, as overly engineered as their transformations are, always had tidy kibble that locked in securely.

I decided then to replace it with X-Transbot’s Aegis, as it seemed to fix all the issues I has with Badcube… but again I find myself slightly disappointed with several aspects of its design:

The paint applications on the alt. mode are sloppy... not lined up and looks washed out… and although it will spend most of its life in robot mode, I’ll still know;

Those X-Transbot hands are a real pain (does anyone actually like them?), and on top of that, on this figure they are comically undersized… it keeps reminding me of the old Jeremy Beadle joke;

The face. There’s nothing wrong with it, and I’m sure it’s very toon accurate… but for someone who gets his nostalgia from the comics, it just doesn’t look right. I was hoping for an alternate face with the accessories (which I’m still waiting for as there were none in my box), but from the instructions, it looks like the only one we get is the toy version (which is a nice touch, regardless).

MMC’s Terraegis unfortunately was not considered, as I had their version of the mould for my Hoist, and if possible I like to have different styles for “mould brothers” (plus all that underkibble on MMC’s alt. mode is a real eyesore)… and I completely forgot about Fanstoys when ordering X-Transbot’s, as all news seemed to dry up after the other three were released.

So, looking at the mock ups of Outrider, the hands seem “normal” which is a big plus over the other two, and the face looks somewhere between Badcube and X-Transbots, which should work better for my sensibilities… and given their track record with paint apps, I’m 95% sure theirs will be spot on.

I’m very tempted to pull the trigger, but the last issue I have is that I need my Trailbreaker to have a red visor, not blue like they’re all coming in with. I was able to get a ToyHax set for Speedbump which came with a metallic red transfer for the visor and that looked really nice, but I don’t think anyone’s done a similar set for Aegis. It would be nice to see what it looks like with the right colours before I decide to get rid of it.

Also, that dark grey face on Speedbump looked really good. I know it was inaccurate, so I shouldn’t expect any of the other figures to have it, but I think I’m going to have to paint the face of whichever version I end up keeping now.

12. Ap0calypse

Ap0calypse Well-Known Member

Did Fanstoys forget about this guy? Even their Arcee has a release date before him :S

13. KKKKaper

KKKKaper Active Member

从春天到冬天,我一直在等待.....

14. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Google translation:
    From spring to winter, I've been waiting .....

• Like Like x 1
  15. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    They've probably seen Takara's and decided to sit on it.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Yes yes .... sit on this and move on to releasing their Cyclonus ! Please FT’s !

17. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    How have they seen it?

18. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Amen to that!

19. botfan

botfan Quote this Avatar

They haven't, he's making a half-assed speculation on FT delays and feeling threatened by TT. Neither of which is true.

When people talk about FT delays, they typically miss the obvious point. FT is a small manufacturer and is very likely understaffed. They make up for the consumer demand for their products and the relative limited number of releases with vapourware - products nowhere near to completion but announced as future releases. They take longer to tweak their designs than most companies do and dalianjj is also a fellow G1 fanboy, so i think he enjoys sharing reveals with us whenever he can.

• Like Like x 1
  20. PANTSMAN1973

PANTSMAN1973 Well-Known Member

But on the plus side, your paying prices set 18 months ago. Not prices set now.