Fans Toys FT-24 Rouge (Masterpiece Arcee)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Initial_G, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

Wondering how would it look with a darker blue like her eye lights were off instead?

Also her facetone in the digibash looks a bit purple to me. I think its supposed to be more of an offwhite pink.

Arcee-G1_1397064087.jpg AaaArcee1.jpg

I know I suck at this with ms paint but I just wanted to see if these colors work. Also seems like your digibash looks like the face is wider, may be the original photo. I looked at other pics so I tried shrinking it to compensate. I think the face pink needs to be even closer to white than even what I picked.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  2. eatingcake

eatingcake Well-Known Member

This looks so good.

Been away for a while, any word or rumors if FT will do more femme bots?

3. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Here ya go cap'n nitpick :lol 

FTarceenitpick.png

Now before you go and reply with but wait the face still isn't narrow enough, I think a super narrow face on this mold would look awful. It works in illustration but not with physical material. She'd look super gaunt or doll-like with an even narrower face than this. This is an area where FT should deviate from the cartoon at least a little bit for the purpose of a much nicer face sculpt. But I doubt they're gonna change it from what they've already done anyway.

The eyes I deliberately refuse to change because dark color eyes always look bad on TF's. Don't care what's more accurate in that regard, the brighter they are the more life to the face there is. And that is much much more important than ludicrous eye color accuracy. Spitting hairs for the sake of inferior design even with nostalgic designs is silly. Every modern MP should deviate from G1 at least a little bit if it means a nicer overall aesthetic.

• Like Like x 10
  4. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

Thanks for the edit on the face color :thumbs2: , my ms paint skills are a step above a 3 year old. I actually agree on the eyes for the toys. MP10 is a great example of JP vs US version. Hasbro looks alive and the TT version dead. My comments stem from the toon and our PCs which are backlit so much that I think they look OK with that thick blue glass color. I think the toy should have them painted lighter, but that same color just seems too bright to me when on screen.

5. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The fact that FT was able to compress such a large vehicle in the shoulders kibble is impressive.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

The eyes are what almost made me keep my Hasbro Prime over my Takara Prime. Then my seller reminded me I bought the shadow Fisher upgrade head:confused: 

7. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

I really like what you've done with the face. It's coming across as a little two dimensional but I can see what you were going for. It's just a bit younger. More like her movie appearance. Very nice.

8. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    IMG_4587.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  9. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I still can't believe they can get the entire car into her backpack. I'm so impressed and I love it. I'll give credit where it's due and all credit must go to FansToys. I don't know wth ToyWorld was thinking. Good grief.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MpCollector81

MpCollector81 Banned

FT usually gets faces right- on the second attempt. Ya know, I haven't given it much thought up until now (since he's probably 2 years out), but I have a feeling there will be a few

11. MpCollector81

MpCollector81 Banned

Ya know, I haven't given it much thought up until now (since he's probably 2 years out), but I have a feeling there will be a few people shedding their TW Devastator's when FT's hits retail.

• Like Like x 1
  12. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh, I think we'll see a bunch go flying the day the image is shown, with loads of them out there by the time it's finally released. Look at Kronos, for example, plenty of people paid through the nose to get him and he sold out in most places and now he's going for near $120 or lower in some circles because FT's is out and it's just an insanely good figure.

13. ILoveLuci4

ILoveLuci4 Well-Known Member

Man, I am digging your digibashes and can tell that you have excellent taste and style. Do you do design work for a living? You think like a producer of creative products.

Anyway, I agree that a narrower face would look infantile or like those creepy anime prepubescent girl faces. I think they should deviate from the cartoon a little bit. Also, I feel that the faces they've shown are 90+% there. I'd be ecstatic if they put the most subtle of angles in to de-anthropomorphize the face (and lower abdomen).

I agree also about the eyes. If done too dark or in unreflective material, they make the figure look "dead".

Lookin' good, Rouge! Let's fast-track this bitch, FT!

14. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Haha thanks but my tastes are as particular as anyone's can be, I know of lots of things I like that other people wouldn't same as anyone else. I've technically been getting "paid to draw" since 2009 but work wise (don't really wanna get in to my personal history) the only stuff really relevant to this hobby would be me getting snatched up by MMC at the end of last year. A number of their future figures have either been heavily or slightly revised by me in terms of color palettes, paint details etc and I've been helping one of their designers more directly with a number of projects he has going.

Haven't touched any of our g1 mp stuff yet though but I assume I will at some point. :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  15. JoeScibelli

JoeScibelli That one Piranacon fanboy

I'm honestly amazed we haven't had more 3P Arcee options than we do.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ILoveLuci4

ILoveLuci4 Well-Known Member

There have been MANY 3P takes on Arcee, but maybe you meant "G1" MPish.

• Like Like x 1
  17. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Arcee's face/bicep/hand color is a very pale lavender. Trying to do pink, no matter how pale, always gives the "uncanny valley" effect and looks too flesh-like. The animators chose the color well. The purplish tint makes it just inhuman enough to avoid looking like skin on her hands and face.

18. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think you meant to say... GEE-JUANNNN!!! :D 

19. PANTSMAN1973

PANTSMAN1973 Well-Known Member

Going slightly of point here. If Arcee is FT-24, anybody know what FT-23 is? Always had it in my head that FT-23 and 24 would be Cyclonus and Scourge. Until Arcee appeared.

20. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its Mindwipe