Fans Toys FT-24 Rouge (Masterpiece Arcee)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Initial_G, Apr 28, 2017.

1. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

That sucks my dude.

As neat as the artwork is on it, I would never buy a “3rd party” mouse pad (except when they’re given for “free” when it comes with some cosplayers premium set).

Them and those unofficial pillow case covers are as bootleg as you can get.

Can’t believe I’m saying this, but if Takara were to make one ..... lol :) 

• Like Like x 2
  3. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

Hopefully from the games you mean and not the terrible movies :)  lol

Agree!

• Like Like x 3
  4. OverBleed

OverBleed I Love This Show!

Any status updates from CP?

5. RavenousPrime

RavenousPrime Fantasy Author

MVIMG_20180516_110219.jpg IMG_20180516_110503.jpg MVIMG_20180516_110454.jpg

My shelf right now.

• Like Like x 3
  6. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Instagram:
    There is silicone leaking out.

20180516_100514.jpg

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Pichomp

Pichomp Well-Known Member

Definitely the games. I’m trying to block the memories of the movies.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Mopey Sea Urchin

Ebay:
    Oh come on. The movies had their moments. Pyramid head ripping off that random chick's skin like an NBA player's tearaway warm up pants was awesome.

Which Streetwise is that? GCreation's?

9. RavenousPrime

RavenousPrime Fantasy Author

Nope, it's generation toy sarge.

10. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    You way want to try some fabric glue, you can get some quick drying types and it should fix it for awhile.

11. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Instagram:
    Probably not worth the effort. The fabric is ridiculously thin. Guessing it was designed as 100% novelty, and not made to handle actually being used as a mousepad.

12. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think he just got the companies confused. Generations Toys and GCreations seem to get crossed up all the time, just because of the "G". GCreations isn't even working on a Defensor.

13. boomerdave

boomerdave Well-Known Member

Hit me up if anyone wants one. I've got the pink Delicate Warrior in box, decals and everything mint. Just has been opened for inspection and one transformation to make sure it works. I bought her years ago MISB from someone in China because I thought it was the only Arcee we were ever gonna get. Of course she's not MP so I've never had a use or display for her since she doesn't fit in. I paid $110 something for her but I'd let her go for $90.00 plus shipping if anyone really wants one.

14. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
  15. DesertDog

DesertDog dusty, but trusty

In the Alberta Rockies on my Triumph Tiger 800XC
    Just picked mine up an hour or so ago. Didn’t have time to do much but swap her face for the smiling one, and put a gun in her hand before I had to be elsewhere but Inspector 31 seems to have done well. All her faces are there and nothing fell off. Didn’t manage to get her standing yet, though she’s getting a layer of floor polish before I stress myself out again.

Until I get home again all I can say is she looks the part and feels solid enough. If I don’t rage quit during transformation then all will be well.

16. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

Still working through first impressions, but having watched videos beforehand, the transformation wasn't as hellish in hand as I'd been led to believe. There's definitely a design/tolerance issue with that back armature, but in terms of actually physically stressing parts Koot is way worse (I'm surprised mine hasn't broken yet). I do like messing with complex transformations, so YMMV. First transformation to car mode went without incident, and everything pegs together securely with the exception of the lower body ... which doesn't seem to tab to the top anywhere? (I think that's deliberate, and they're relying on the stiffness of the thigh/hip joints to keep it all tucked in when the car isn't sitting on the wheels.)

My biggest concern is that she is incredibly back heavy in bot mode. For all the talk about her posability, just standing her straight without falling backwards is a challenge. Fans Toys has always had issues with weight and balance, partly due to their insistence on die cast where none is necessary, but I've never seen it be this pronounced. May need to spring for a figure stand.

17. AndyPurro

AndyPurro Cancerous Pyro Main

I already rushed ahead and ordered mine from ebay a week ago because it was located in australia close to where i lived but i failed to notice that it was a pre order

ripperoni

18. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

After messing around with the figure a bit more, I've come to the conclusion that this is the monkey's paw version of a "perfect transforming" Arcee figure. It does the bare minimum necessary to accomplish that, it doesn't do it well, and some of the design decisions are head scratchers.

The back heaviness remains a big issue. Given that they chose to crunch up most of the car into the back, I'm not sure what they could have done to offset the weight. I'm going to be nice and assume that this is the reason for the die cast chest, even though the extra weight doesn't help.

While people say they're OK with leaving this figure in bot mode, I'm not OK recommending it on that basis because it can barely even stand. I think I'd recommend a statue over this, because at least the statue (probably) won't fall over and break.

The alt mode only really conceals the bot mode if you stare at it from a high angle. The moment you bring it closer to eye level, the giant half-head and hands become painfully visible. I can't decide if they did a fake hood/chest swap because they wanted a giant boob chest, or if they saw the giant head on the underside, said "oh shit", and made a giant boob chest to cover up the mouth and nose. (I'm cynical, so I'm guessing the former.) Either way, that giant exposed head is not a good look.

I was half-right about how the lower half stays in. It's true that the gray waist piece has flip out bits which peg into the car, but the thighs only stay up by virtue of the hip joints; if those get loose, watch out. The feet kind of, sort of have slots that pegs can rest in, but those don't work structurally; it's basically a weird combination of joints, spacing, and friction that keep the feet up.

The main problem with the backpack pieces are the armatures. I'm not just talking about them being die cast and having no stops -- I mean that the parts of the armature that are inside the backpack actually affect their height and orientation in unpredictable ways. That's why it's so easy for them to be at weird angles or different heights. I'm not sold on the look of the fix that uses the white pieces; it reminds me too much of the look of the Generations figure, which had a giant empty shell. Again: the whole mechanism is the bare minimum needed to function, but not necessarily well.

I'm not too bothered by the difficulty of the transformation. What bugs me is that the alt mode result doesn't feel worth it.

The white paint scraping issues are real, and annoying. That said, there were no QC issues I noticed on my figure, knock on wood. I was able to swap in the flatter chest without issue, though as other people have reported it doesn't peg in well.

I'm glad that someone finally attempted a perfect transformation Arcee, that doesn't require parts removal. But this figure is gonna be a placeholder until a better version comes around (though it's possible that might never happen).

-XCN-

• Like Like x 8
  19. jream

jream PRO DESIGN

Yeah I keep getting a lot of pms about this chicky! My copy should be here by the end of the week and once I am caught up on the Gabriel logos I’ll take a look and see what looks feasible.

• Like Like x 3
  20. DesertDog

DesertDog dusty, but trusty

In the Alberta Rockies on my Triumph Tiger 800XC
    Finally got to put her through her paces. Both modes look way better in hand, and speaking of hands, I don't mind hers. But getting that armature and the inner parts of her backpack past one another is terrifying. I did manage to get her to stand, during a slight breeze no less, but she is going to be stuck in a kneel and shoot pose for the near future. [​IMG]Deadly in Pink by DesertDog76, on Flickr [​IMG]Deadly in Pink by DesertDog76, on Flickr

• Like Like x 17