Fans Toys FT-20 Terminus Giganticus (Masterpiece Omega Supreme)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by bfett88, Oct 8, 2014.

1. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yea that is actually a concern of mine. I mean it sounds like a great idea so I don’t know. I’ll have to think it over

• Like Like x 1
  2. 26_Mirage

26_Mirage Heroic Stunticon

I'm still having such a hard time pulling the trigger on this guy...he's definitely got the best alt mode (IMO) ...BUT...he's never gonna be in alt mode. I was thinking that the Hasbro version would be an acceptable OS but every time I look at TG I'm like...nah...hasbro doesn't hold a candle to FT in this regard. I know that if I wait TG will dry up everywhere and I'll end up paying a fortune for him on the secondary market. There's just so much great stuff out there RIGHT NOW that I want to pick up...and none of it is cheap.

Maybe we'll get an eBay flash sale soon...that might help make up my mind.

3. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IMHO, if u care more for robot mode, get DX9 Gabriel.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bebe13

Bebe13 Well-Known Member

Is there any big differences besides colour between the regular and “Guardian” version?

Do they both come with all of the same things.

Because I am seeing “Guardian” for a bit cheaper than the regular.

5. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

They're the same figure but Terminus / Omega is red and yellow and the Guardian is blue with white gray trim or something like that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    So an update on my project to change out the springs in his elbows. I hemmed and hawed on this one for a few days, but I honestly don't think there is a simple way to really make a huge impact on how much weight he can hold in his arms. Yea, I could get some other springs from a place I found online, but I don't think that will solve the issue. FT cut corners when they designed his arms and instead of giving him some hefty ratchets for his elbows, they used some real dinky ones unlike the ones used in his hips. Now those are pretty hefty and have a heavy duty spring. Oh well. Some things are just better left alone. So I just ended up placing some plastic shims inside to compress the spring a bit more. It's a modest gain, but it's better than nothing and I am tired of having all 3 of them disassembled. Back to work to finish my project and place them back on display.

• Like Like x 1
  7. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i think it was a valiant effort no doubt. i wish i had some mad cad skills if i did i would be able to help ya out. but it looks like a new 3d printed ratchet is your most logical solution since the spring stuff didn't work that well.

there is a guy in the OSKO gravity builder thread that is a very ambitious home parts designer. maybe you can try reaching out to him.

8. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    It's all good. I mean, I think there is just too much involved and it's almost like reverse engineering to fix something that is a poor design IMHO. Don't get me wrong, TG is pretty bad ass, but there will always be deficiencies when something is designed when it comes to people's personal tastes. I like to pose him and it would be pretty damn cool if his arms were Hecules like and not Pee Wee Herman like! hah! It is what it is and I am content with a small gain with some shims. Besides that, I have other projects that I want to tackle and this would take entirely too much time. Thanks man!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Devastator03

Devastator03 Prepare for Extermination

I was checking this guy out, is he worth the $350 price tag?

10. redalert7799

redalert7799 Well-Known Member

It’s a pretty awesome and massive piece to behold. I’ve been thinking of selling mine, just displayed and with the jream custom autobot logo piece included. Lmk if interested.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    Yup. He’s worth it.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Devastator03

Devastator03 Prepare for Extermination

My wallet has taken a beating lately from FT so it may be a backburner item for now.

• Like Like x 2
  13. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Hell yes.

It's not just the size but the quality of the BUILD you are paying for. There is a LOT of plastic that goes into that comparing to say any other titan class size is unfair (to the hasbro ones).

It is the ONLY thing I have ever bought from Fans Toys as i mainly buy hasbro stuff - including all the titan scale stuff so far. And this guy just kicks their asses in every possible way, as well as EVERY other version on the market.

I've pre-ordered Hasbro Omega too as I love him to bits.

But make no mistake FT Omega is worth every cent and was my biggest purchase of last year that took me several months to pay off.

If I sold off ALL my tf toys this is the one single toy I would keep. It's that fucking good.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Sideswipe523

Sideswipe523 Well-Known Member

I have every Fanstoys release to date and every 1 has a special spot in my collection, Fanstoys Omega? He's a Beast! You'll have no regrets. DO IT!

• Like Like x 1
  15. SMB73

SMB73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If price is a concern, I'd recommend opting for DX9's Gabriel. I received mine two weeks ago, and for $100.00 less it's a spectacular figure with a fun transformation, tons of heavy-ratchet articulation, and no QC issues (at least mine was).

• Like Like x 6
  16. OverBleed

OverBleed I Love This Show!

20190507_003957.jpg
    He is most impressive! You cant go wrong with DX9 either.

• Like Like x 15
  17. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Agree. Both are super duper bad ass and I have both. They both offer some unique qualities and that is why I have them both. Might do some YouTube videos to see. Can’t go wrong either way

• Like Like x 2
  18. Stitches

Stitches Well-Known Member

Just received Terminus Giganticus thanks to a transaction on this forum (@Chrackalakis), and boy is he awesome. I thought I was prepared for his size, but I still am so very impressed. He's awesome!

• Like Like x 2
  19. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Awesome shot.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chrackalakis

Chrackalakis Astrotrain Engineer

Ebay:
    Thanks, but I'm not that awesome... oh you're talking about Terminus. :p  Seriously, I'm glad he made it ok, and yes Terminus is awesome!!!