Fans Toys FT-19 Apache (Masterpiece Springer)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by C310 Ginrai, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Destructimis Prime

Destructimis Prime Female G1 and Masterpiece collector

Yes.

• Like Like x 1
  2. trey carter

trey carter Sky Garry

Somewhere watching the infinity war trailer
    Ebay:
    Then
    Optimus: Springer for your bravery, i shall pass the matrix on to you....you will lead the Autobots.
    Springer: Prime what an honor....
    HotRod: Wait, something tells me i deserve this....
    Optimus: shut up lil b**ch! I almost died because of you, if it wasnt for springer i would have gotten a one way ticket to primus.
    Springer: Trust me, you would have been a terrible leader and the only semi cool thing you woulda did would have come in a movie. You would of then spent an entire season doing stupid S**T

• Like Like x 4
  3. pg52282

pg52282 TF fan since 1986!!

That was awesome! I wish I could like this a thousand times!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Well-Known Member

Give me your faaaaaaaace!

• Like Like x 1
  5. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Much better figure than Allen.

6. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    If Prime had been giving Springer the Matrix in that last shot, it would've been perfect. :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  7. Destructimis Prime

That would be cool. But I've got plans for the last two parts of the story ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  8. MP Collector

MP Collector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So now that I have had a chance to transform him into both alt modes, here are my follow up observations:

1.) The transformations are not as bad as I thought they would be. There are a lot of rails and sliding mechanisms and reviewers have been correct to point that out. My one gripe with the transformations is not about the rails or slides themselves...but how they were executed. Several of the sliding mechanisms are really tight and it can be difficult to tell if you "got all of it" before moving on to the next step in the sequence. Not a big deal, but a gripe nonetheless.

2.) The space car mode is easily the weakest of the three, but it isn't as bad as I thought it would be. The pics definitely made it look worse than it is. Honestly, my overarching reaction to the car mode is "damn...if the back was a little wider...or if the whole thing wasn't so damn long...and if the rear tires weren't so dinky...this could have been perfect." So not hateful, but definitely a bit of a disappointment if only because (like some of my cosmetic gripes in bot mode)...it was almost a home run.

3.) The space helicopter mode is gorgeous and where this release truly shines. 9 1/2 out of 10 stars. It only loses the half star because it doesn't have landing gear (a la UT's Allen) or a built in option for a flight stand. If I am really getting nitpicky, the main propellers probably sit 1/8" too high. Any of these minor gripes being addressed would have earned the space helicopter mode a perfect score.

So where does this leave me...

I love this figure and am happy I picked him up. I still want to see how the X-Transbot and MMC offerings turn out. From pics, I would be surprised if the MMC offering didn't have a better space car mode. And again, from the pics, X-Transbots may be able to deliver the better bot mode (a big maybe). But I would be shocked if either surpass in space helicopter mode.

9. hellex

hellex Well-Known Member

My disappointment with the car mode is that there's ways for FT to make it better. There seems to be enough space to collapse the middle section further if they can flip the head up to the chest section. The engineering to make it happen though is another story, but basically I think it's possible for someone to make a Springer that's accurate to all 3 modes in the cartoon. This figure is history once TT gets to it. They'll just pull another Inferno level technical wizardry.

• Like Like x 2
  10. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Is this figure even on TTs radar? Their "technical wizardry" seems to only be putting out 4-5 new molds a year. Maybe they will do a Springer; maybe they won't; maybe it will be in 2056.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

While there are definitely parts of the transformation I hate, I think the way FT did the arms was very TT-like in its execution. The way it flips around at the shoulder is pretty ingenious, IMO.

12. hellex

hellex Well-Known Member

Probably not in the immediate future, and no I am not being a TT Fanboy. I have far more 3P then official figures. Heck the ratio is like 6 to 1, but we know that having 2 mostly cartoon accurate modes is possible based on Allen. Heck even XTB shows it's possible, granted theirs at this point is just renders. Basically, I think FT made a conscious decision to sacrifice one alt mode for better build quality. I am not saying that's a stupid tradeoff, it's just different. Each figure has a budget, and for TT I think they always go for the engineering first, followed by everything else second, while for FT it's the opposite i.e. make the build quality superior and the engineering passable.

• Like Like x 2
  13. hellex

hellex Well-Known Member

I agree with you. The upper body transformation is actually good and MP level, but the legs are atrocious for car mode.

What I am asking people to do is look at the bottom of car mode and tell me that it can't be compressed more with better engineering.

14. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

Agree, it's as if they really gave up on the legs for car mode.

15. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

Oh, I think it definitely could have been compressed the half inch necessary to make it look right with some more time in the lab. And I agree it would have looked a LOT better if they figured out a way to do it. I only pointed out the arms because I've already voiced my displeasure about some aspects of this guy but neglected to point out where I though FT did a really nice job. The arms really do remind me of TT engineering. It's like the opposite end of the spectrum for the legs.

16. davidsix

davidsix Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This is so awesome! nice work. Poor Megs, had no chance with the paws on FT Apache. Just got my FT Apache last week, I was a little worried he be a chunky monkey but he looks better in hand, happy to get him one of my favourite FT figures.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Destructimis Prime

"If you're gonna ride Dan-o, ride in style."
    [​IMG]

I really love this figure. I find him fun to transform. Lately he's been my go to bot to transform. He just looks so good. The colors are perfect. Car mode has grown on me a lot. Although it would be nice if Daniel could fit in a seat in the cockpit :confused: 
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  18. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

yeah.. see I have really grown to like him a lot in the past week as well. I have figured out his transformation without the instructions. I still wish those front yellow pylons were a bit smaller (like the ones on the other sides of his arms), and that the pale yellow on his vehicle nose was a lot more vibrant and closer to the rest of the yellow on him...

19. Destructimis Prime

I disagree. He is perfect as is. The lighter yellow on the grill is great.

20. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

Why? lol it is the only part that does not look like the rest of him does... Was it that way in the movie or show?