Fans Toys FT-09 Tesla (Masterpiece Perceptor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Jan 8, 2015.

1. silith210518

silith210518 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i wont lie when I started getting into third party stuff a couple of years ago all I ever saw was people bad mouthing xtb. I think that first instance has kinda put doubt in my mind at the time as a first time buyer. My first 3 third party figs were quantron/the bruticus upgrade for FOC brute (one with the new onslaught) and apollyon. Apollyon being the absolute weakest of the 3 did not help one bit.

Of my fans toys offerings I've just sovereign whose right arm ratchet is stiff to potential breaking point if miss handled. Tesla recently who has weak bits of plastic all over. Willis (no issues) and dibots. Soar is the only guy who i had issues with here. So yeah FT are not perfect like you say either. But unlike xtb haven't been given a stigma. Only company I've had 0 issues with is maketoys...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

There were only 3 releases before Tesla (Quakewave, Scoria and Soar). Sever and Tesla were released within 30 days of each other (IIRC), so it's not like they used Sever as a learning experience before Tesla. And I guess we just disagree that all those before Tesla were quality figures. 2 of the 3 required subsequent fixes, and I'm not talking about cosmetic stuff. Quakewave was more of an anomaly at that point for FT than Tesla, IMO.

It doesn't really matter, though. I'm not making excuses for Tesla. I was just offering an explanation for the usual "Why does FT not get hounded the way XTB/KFC does?", and my point was that FT seems to have learned from past mistakes while XTB/KFC continues to make them with some of their stuff.

That's what happens. People complain about XTB/KFC and it kind of snowballs and makes people who haven't bought their stuff yet understandably wary. They have produced flawed figures, but they've also produced some pretty amazing stuff. You just have to research what the issues are ahead of time. Everyone has issues. Even Maketoys has had to send out "fixes", though in my experience they've only been cosmetic.

• Like Like x 1
  3. madpanda

madpanda Well-Known Member

Hoping this does get a rerelease, as I hopped on the FT train only after Grinder was released.
    Would love to have an opportunity to pick this up again, but hopefully it gets the improved face sculpt.

4. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you can PM @dalianjj the FT rep to find out if they plan to do a reissue.

5. madpanda

madpanda Well-Known Member

Yeah I know I can, but I'd rather leave the man be, I'm sure he gets too many PM's.
    Plus if it doesn't get reissued I save myself some cash.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No worries. I have no qualms about asking if I want the info straight from the horse's mouth and he's never had a problem replying.

• Like Like x 1
  7. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Fwiw, his answers are generally noncommittal, as one might expect.

8. hendrijr

hendrijr Well-Known Member

Ok is this guy the hardest to find and highest in demand 3RD party figure right now? Only one listed on eBay for $250?!?! No one is selling him on the boards and when the rare one does pop up on Facebook groups he’s incredibly expensive as well. I need a MP Perceptor but after reading this thread and watching reviews I just can’t see myself spending more than $100 on this guy.

• Like Like x 3
  9. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Does it come in purple?

News Credits:
    I'm right there with you. My cut off is a little higher but I recently turned one down that a guy wanted $150 for. I do want him but he's not that great a figure and definitely not worth >$150 when you can get much better bots for <$100.

• Like Like x 1
  10. hendrijr

hendrijr Well-Known Member

Honestly I would be happy with a Weijiang OS TR Perceptor for my collection. He was never a character I cared much for but I need him to finish off my 86 movie cast.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

PEople talking shit about Tesla are just trying to drive down the price.

He is clearly worth Phoenix money

12. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Tesla remains one of the two bots I have never transformed. Kinda uninspiring but I'm not faulting FT on that one, he has always been kinda uninspiring, lol.

Love his bot mode with grapples face, his own face I will fault FT on, it's terrible and the alt face is somehow worse.

No way this figure is worth $250 though. I had to really talk myself into paying the $100 ish I paid for him.

• Like Like x 2
  13. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

This is mine with a shapeways adapter and Inferno’s face. I highly recommend it if you’ve got this guy

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  14. Friendross

I think I’d put the original face back on but I have no clue which box it’s in

That inferno face is tempting. Outside of his face it’s a perfectly fine figure.

15. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Does it come in purple?

News Credits:
    I have lots of good memories of having the G1 as a kid so I do have some feels for the character. I would love to get a copy or have another company, say Maketoys, take a stab at him.

• Like Like x 2
  16. PsyberianTiger

PsyberianTiger Unknown member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I've always been a Preceptor fan & we know Takara won't need any licensing behind making him. So no hold up there... with that said is he popular enough for Takara to make their own MP version? Or even another 3rd party company to do it?
    I have Tesla, & think he's great (aside from his face) but i would surely be exited for a more toon accurate Preceptor for my collection.

• Like Like x 2
  17. CowboyFromHell

CowboyFromHell Shake 'N Bake

Tesla is amazing I love the proportions, the paint and chrome is just right. Posability is great, he's all good. The face, well, the face becomes part of the family after a while and we end up embracing it. Market price was fair, after market mint condition prices are gonna suck ass but he's good.

• Like Like x 2
  18. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

Guys, by TT committing to MP Blaster in the near future (Steeljaw cassette pre-mold), they’ve pretty much laid their cards out on the table (along w/HoistBreaker) and committed themselves to releasing Perceptor over the course of the next 4-5 yrs., one of their patented ‘tertiary’ MPs (think of Tracks) ... just hold out and don’t stoop to scalper prices for this ‘just meh,’ early Fans Toys offering ...

19. Friendross

I don’t think social security will be solvent when I retire. Nor do I think Takara will be making g1 mp’s in 4-5 years

I say buy bots like they will never exist again.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Throbbing Member

I mean I don't hate mine or anything... but no way I'd pay that much for him.

I don't know why no other 3P has taken a stab at him yet. I always liked Perceptor...