Fans Toys FT-05 & FT-05T Soar (Swoop)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Apr 20, 2014.

1. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Hi Vanessa, the ankle adjustment I mean is for better stabilization of the front too. Paik4life shows this. I haven't taken the time to check other reviews yet.

2. PwrdOff

PwrdOff Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The only real problem I see with the FT Dibots is that there is a bewildering variety of repaints but none of which actually forms a coherent set. Getting a blue X Soar basically commits you to waiting for X Caesium since X Scoria is in toy colors. If you pass on X and go for normal color, you can get the four 3P bots to match, but you have to either go with an undersized MP-08 or the oversized KO that only comes in shiny. If you're going for Diaclone or G2, you can't get Stomp or Soar, and they won't be updated for Caesium either. And of course, there is always the off chance that they phone it in for either Grinder and/or Caesium and those end up not really working alongside the others. This is the height of first world problems of course, and I suppose it has to be like this to keep us interested.

3. Orion2703

Orion2703 Ultimate Hunter

So in order of the highlighted points....
    X scoria is in marvel comic colours, where he had red horns, so he matches perfectly
    Nope, you wait for grinder to complete the set
    G2/Diaclone is a bummer, totally agree, although sludge, swoop and grimlock were never released in g2 colours iirc so its not totally unexpected
    FT don't phone anything in, they may not always hit the mark 100% but their dinobots are among the best 3p figures in existences, its a safe bet.

4. code3collector

code3collector Well-Known Member

I love my FT Dinos. I just got my blue Soar X from wanli-chengke on eBay. It has the neck issue and i just dropped him a message to see if i can get the replacement parts. Ive bought from him before without issues so here is me crossing my fingers that he'll come through.

5. scandell

scandell Active Member

My soar arrived in the mail today. Alas,I feel his scale is too small to be with my KO oversized Grimlock and my Gutter. I was hoping it would work fine since Soar IS the smallest of the dinobots. But he just looks too puny. His dominoes is stellar.

6. *Deathblade

*Deathblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:

G2 grimlock was released. He came in blue, turquoise, and grey

7. Orion2703

Of course he did, my mistake.

8. *Deathblade

*Deathblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No prob, on topic...I picked up soar..he is pretty cool, but after sever I am underwhelmed by his transformation. He is still cool though, and the head replacement was easy.

9. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    Waiting to ship my X version until a few other items land in my POL.

In the meantime, anyone want a MIB, displayed only blue chest version for 163 shipped?

10. scandell

scandell Active Member

Tossing mine up in the FTS forum soon. Brand new, just arrived, latest version.

11. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anyone have a set of red dino/beak eyes that they are willing to part ways with? If so please send me a PM. Thanks.

12. Vanessa

Vanessa G1 Bonecrusher's #1 fangirl

I know I'm late to the party here, but I've just transformed my red Soar-X and holy moly he's quite majestic in dino mode, perched on his stand, wings spread and posed a bit.
    So much prescence!
    There were a few downsides, his robot arms just seem to chill out there on the sides of his torso, they don't really clip in or collapse. Plus on the X-version, the unpainted panel on the robot arms is really visible in dino mode.
    I thought his dino legs/feet were a bit of a contrivance! A mixture of various panels and suchlike, they almost have an unfinished air to them.
    But still, he's so nice with his big chrome wings spread out, I can forgive these foibles.

13. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Havent transformed him for about a week now, and cant recall about the unpainted arm panel showing too much, so will need to transform him again when i get a chance. Or maybe i turned that side towards the chest, or missed some steps from the manual (or added my own).

14. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    After I got Stomp several days back and completing my MP Dino display, I moved Soar to the front since he is the smallest and collapsed his wings (I prefer the full outstretched look for the wings) to not obscure Sever in the back. I thought I arranged Soar's ankles to the proper position but it turns out I didn't and my rare ninja reflexes kicked in about a minute later when I caught Soar as he dived towards my floor. Tragedy averted. I now have them all in dino mode with Soar on his stand.

15. Weezie

Weezie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had trouble with his robot feet too. It took a lot of attempts, but with Paik4life's video I managed it eventually.

16. Sixo

Sixo Canonical

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Glad you're enjoying him!

If it helps, the arms definitely should collapse down (at least a little) and attached. There's a slidey joint at the shoulder but (from memory) you have to turn the forearms inwards for it to work. There is then a small clip on the wrists that slots into the hips.

I love Soar.

17. HandlesIT

HandlesIT Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lol  I finally transformed my blue Soar X last night and pretty much had the same reaction as you! Because of Soar X and Stomp X my Dinobots are probably going to be mostly in dino mode from now on. :thumb 

• Like Like x 1
  18. dragontype

dragontype Well-Known Member

Picked up Stomp X last week. Been waiting for TCP to get a re-stock? of Soar X Blue so I can get in on this fun.

Been sort/kinda following this thread, but can anyone chime in on the neck issue? Do ALL the Soar X's have this? Seems easy to fix and gives me something to do with the screwdriver that came with Stomp X.

19. razingstorm

razingstorm Well-Known Member

I fixed mine, you have to pop a pin. It's in there pretty good too, I'd have been SOL without my automatic center punch.

20. Orion2703

You can fix it by popping out a pin, which I went over a few pages back, but all major retailers should be getting replacement parts so you can fix it just with a screwdriver.