Fans Toys FT-04 Scoria (not-Slag)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Nov 15, 2013.

1. unexistance

unexistance 60:1 scale human in Diaclone world

ah it just looks like unpainted metal parts :D  which is fine by me... Sorry no pics, tfw2005 too tricky for me T_T

2. joopsta

joopsta Masterpiece, Encore and 3P collector

News Credits:
    Has anybody already picked up a Scoria reissue? Is the figures legs still loose or are all issues fixed? Or any other changes compared to the first batch?
    I don't think I have the patience to wait for Cesium.

3. iphdtd

iphdtd The Wolfman's Brother

This is something I've wondered as well. Looks to have been out for a bit but I haven't seen any details on whether they've fixed anything on it yet.

4. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    All releases after the first Toon releases had the arms joints tightened. I have Scoria X, and it was pretty solid. The thing is though, that for the hips, that they used to be tight when i got them, and as time went by, they became looser because of the heavy diecast feet and no side ratchets, and cant figure out how to tighten them. Sever on the other hand holds leg position in same position as left while lifting it

Thing is, look wise, my scoria is the best one in bot mode, and the one i love most, even with the looser hips. I also love transforming him.

The way to handle Scoria is to grab him by the two legs on each hand, or one hand the back, the other the legs.

You could always get both... Personally, i would not want to sell mine, eventhough i might still want Caesium too.

Edit: That said, Caesium is much cheaper than Scoria... so if money is an issue, just wait for Caesium.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. BuddaMonk

BuddaMonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't have the reissue, but I did have the original toon, followed with the X and G2. The X and G2 definitely addresses the loose shoulder joint, so I would assume the reissue will have solid shoulders as well. As far as the hips go, they're not going to be like Grinder's or Sever's. That wasn't in the initial design so Scoria will not be able to be displayed in a kick pose (but there's always exceptions). That doesn't mean he's prone to doing the splits either. The design element was very similar to MP-8's.

• Like Like x 1
  6. tekering

tekering The Ref

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Remember when Scoria just seemed too damn big?

[​IMG]

No, I don't either. :D 

• Like Like x 8
  7. TylerB

TylerB We all know they're supposed to be chrome.

Why Swoop have no faction?

8. songrobin

songrobin Pastor

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Just built a custom LED Flame Accessory for Scoria (using Gigapower's accessory sold at TFsource). Check it out!

DSC02685 (Large).JPG DSC02689 (Large).JPG DSC02691 (Large).JPG DSC02692 (Large).JPG DSC02694 (Large).JPG DSC02695 (Large).JPG DSC02696 (Large).JPG DSC02698 (Large).JPG DSC02702 (Large).JPG DSC02703 (Large).JPG DSC02705 (Large).JPG DSC02711 (Large).JPG

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 11
  9. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  10. Skullhammer

Skullhammer Powermaster

My Scoria has some serious issues with the gold parts. The gold on the bot toes is cracking and the gold on the tail is fading to silver.

11. razingstorm

razingstorm Well-Known Member

I just nabbed the re-issue. His hips are much better than on my previous X version. Really pleased with him.

20170414_182917550_iOS.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Looks great. So they fixed the hip issue? Nice.

13. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do you guys (and any gals here?) recommend I get Scoria or do you think Ceseum (spelling?) Is a good option? Aren't they both made from the same company?

14. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    scoria was the first dibot to come out and lacks the same size and look as the other 4
    caesium will be an improved version and taller and cheaper

15. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

Well, maybe. Cesium will be larger and more in line with the other FTs dibots. However, Cesium is made at a lower price point than the FTs dibots and will contain fewer parts and less diecast. Therefore it may be less premium. Dalianjj warns that we may or may not prefer Cesium.

And technically they are not the same company. FansToys makes Scoria and Perfect Fusion makes Cesium. Dalianjj, the FTs rep on the boards, is also involved with Perfect Fusion. But we were told it's a different designer. So I'd say they are sister companies but not the same one.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Vex

Vex The Labyrinth King

A strong feeling of ambivalence pours over me when i think of Scoria, and how he relates to Cesium. I told myself i would only get one. I waited several months before i finally decided i would go with Scoria. Retrospecitve the logical action would have been to wait for the Cesium reviews hit and then decide. But waiting was never my strong suit...
    I pretty much love everything bout Scoria, except for those damn hips. He can't support any dynamic poses. Still i think mine is better than alot of other peoples Scorias.
    It's hard to fully recommend him. I'd say wait for Cesium and make then the call.

17. raptor22

raptor22 @TFBotShots on IG

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    [​IMG]

Are the both made from the same company?
    Cessium is built by Perfect Fusion (described as a subdivision of Fanstoys-- who built Scoria). So to my understanding, they are related to each other. I could be wrong.

Which one is recommended?
    (DISCLAIMER-- the following is just my own personal opinion.)
    Scoria is decent/good. However as Fanstoys made the rest of the Dibots, they learned from past products and made each one subsequently "better".
    With Scoria as their first DiBots product, he is sufficient as a MP-scaled Slag. But when you place him next to Sever, Soar, Stomp and Grindor, you start to see it is a bit "dated" in terms of the build, details, joint strength, etc etc.).
    But nonetheless, I still think he's a good representation of Slag.

Certain reviews have said he's little small in size compared to Grindor and Stomp. Personally, I like the size he is, just to add some distinction in size between the 2 big guys.

Should you get Scoria or Cessium?
    I'm not certain if there has been any in-hand samples of Cessium yet. I think there's only some 3D renderings of him. I could be wrong.
    The renderings of Cessium look pretty nice. But without any real samples, I think it's hard to come to a solid opinion about it. I would wait for some reviews to come out before making a judgement call... although Cessium does cost less ($139 vs $200) and will have a more up-to-date build than Scoria and that could be an advantage.

• Like Like x 2
  18. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I have Scoria but I'm still getting Cesium and Cesium X.

• Like Like x 1
  19. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  20. playhouse

playhouse Well-Known Member

Ebay: