Fans Toys FT-03 Quakewave Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Kuma Style, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    find a friend that has bought one and handle it. transform it, see what it is about. I guarantee your "meh" will change to at least a "hmmm" :lol 

2. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    Totally agree. Just the weight on this guy makes him feel more MP than most takaras. He scales very well with the MP's, and looks great next to Soundwave

3. 2punish&enslave

2punish&enslave Starscream's Brigade

Ebay:
    Do they plan on releasing him with the wire on the underside of the arm like it was in the show?

4. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There will be an optional forearm part released with Fans Toys' next toy (next TOY, not next release of Quake Wave - this seems to be unclear to a lot of folks), which will allow you to have a forearm that rotates to allow for the hose to be underneath in robot mode or on top in gun mode.

5. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

Hints to next ft

6. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't know anything you all don't know...I'm on good terms with them, but hardly any kind of insider...

7. Acesan

Acesan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You can angle Grimlocks wings up:) 

Need this Shockwave- looks cool:)  Have mine on order

8. Predacon

Predacon Well-Known Member

My FT-03 Quakewave pictorial:

FT-03 Quakewave!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Just got mine in today and I'll echo that this guy deserves to be in anyone's Masterpiece collection. The only downside to mine is that the power switch on his head was apparently hanging by a thread because it snapped off the moment I tried to switch it on. It's not a total loss since I can still flip the switch using a tiny screwdriver. I don't have batteries for him yet so I guess that'll be the real test.

10. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The electronics on this dude are really crude. I had to solder 2 connections in the head. I did a pretty good job considering I haven't soldered anything since my first year in high school (like 15 years ago :lol ). Works good now and hopefully the battery will last for years because I really don't want to take that head apart again for a long time.

I used 1025's on mine and man were they tough to get in both the head and arm. If you are content without the lights, it might be in your best interest to not even bother. The LED is so bright in the head I can't even look at it directly anyway.

11. jjtitus

jjtitus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just got him today. What an awesome figure. Ill be happy when they release the new under slung hose, but kinda sucks you can only get it if you buy their next figure, or at least that's what it sounds like. Other than that, once I slap some decepticon logos on him, he'll be perfect. Get him while you can!

12. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

What's their next figure I want to know

13. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Alright! Pictures of my Shockwave :) 

First and foremost, this is my label layout :) 

Chest and forearm (Decals are from Reprolabels)
    [​IMG]

AND now size comparisons!

Lambo MP
    [​IMG]

Grimlock MP
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Optimus MP10 version
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rodimus MP (Ugh... Leg extended? I forgot ha ha)
    [​IMG]

Starscream MP
    [​IMG]

Thundercracker MP
    [​IMG]

Soundwave
    [​IMG]

and now, pics of Shockwave fighting my GF's dog

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Julius

Julius Member

Here's another guy who thinks this toy is fantastic! Shockwave has always been one of my favourite looking robots in any media, and I cannot imagine how this toy could be any better. Perhaps a slightly darker shade of purple, but I'm fine with the way it is now.

Actually, there is one thing that would improve this toy. The face needs to be painted black. I did it to mine and it looks really good. I left the little bit of sculpting around the eye purple and it's definitely an improvement.

And yeah, those Ragin' Nation guys are clearly sycophants.

15. aeleven

aeleven Well-Known Member

Where can I buy one, other than EBAY?

16. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  17. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Edbomber.com has them too!

18. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    My order from AliExpress finally came in, took almost a month but I got it for $130 shipped - worth the wait to get the discount, and this toy is worth the wait regardless. As a (very) pleasant surprise, mine came with batteries installed. I haven't opened the head to see whether it is the fabled 1020's or 1025's. I want to paint the eye cavity, but not looking forward to disassembling the head.

As everyone else says, this is "Masterpiece Shockwave" no matter how you define either word. Some people think that this will happen in an official form, or that Takara can do it better, but I honestly can't share that opinion.

The joint construction is incredible, this feels more solid than MP Prime (01)- not as heavy, but not as floppy. Even with ratcheting joints, some toys can still be a little wiggly, but Quake Wave doesn't have that problem. There's several things about him that I don't think Takara could or would do for a mass produced toy in the MP price range - the metal feet would certainly be left out, the electronics would be iffy, and I doubt the diecast handle sides would make it on a production piece. On the design front, I would say that there's really no way to improve the design and transformation, but I'm not doubting that Takara could come up with something we haven't thought of.

19. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I just received one of these this past weekend, and I have to say that it's probably the best third party figure I've ever interacted with or own right next to the Igear Coneheads. The only disappointment for me is the box - I'd really like a box that is exactly like my other Masterpiece boxes. By "exactly", I mean one with "The Transformers Masterpiece" logos and so forth all over it. It's that good.

Honestly, if I were to be really nitpicky, the legs are a bit too boxy for what I'd want in a "Masterpiece" Shockwave. Also, it needs a trigger in alt mode. Lack of paint apps? That's not a complaint from me, as the G1 toy and the cartoon character model are both very much one shade of purple. In fact, I was surprised to find contrasting paint apps on the abdomen and such. I don't want the whole cavity painted, but the panel with the eye could be painted black. Again, the G1 toy wasn't either though. Also, it should come packaged with actual Decepticon symbols, because it's, you know, good enough that it should :)  Goodness sakes, that's me really nitpicking on an otherwise near-perfect figure.

20. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anyone out there know where I can pick one of these up besides eBay? I'd like to get a 3rd run if possible and on eBay it's hard to tell what you're getting and many of the sellers are less than helpful.