Fans Toys FT-03 Quake Wave (Shockwave)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Sludge

Sludge Formerly NC Bulkhead

News Credits:
    LOL.... Quakewave looks like he just stopped to do a double take and look at a fine booty!

I imagine a speech bubble saying: Daaaaammmnnnnnnn

2. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hahahaha, so true.

3. Buford

Buford Master Spark

"That is a particularly well designed posterior region, but it could still use a little improvement. Step into my lab."

4. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

I don't recall ever getting any updates from BBTS on any pre-order... whether that's a push back of the date or when they're expected in. The best you get is if you're on their newsletter distro saying 'coming in soon', or the 'your pre-order item is in' email when it's in the warehouse. Then, the waiting game until it ships. Heck, I can tell you a number of times I had to keep checking the BBTS site on my PO just to see that the date was changed from one month to the nex.t

CP has sent 2 emails about QW - one about a week before they were expected in and one after the single orders have been packaged up - as well as posting regularly in this thread. To me, that's a lot more communication than most other sites.

CP's site says "Normally, we will have shipped all pre-orders within a few days of receiving the item. It may take us a bit longer with an unusually popular item." What's been happening here seems right on par with the expectations you should have expected from the terms you accepted.

There's also never solid dates for any type of pre-order - 3rd party or official product - because there are always delays from the manufacturer, distributor and shipping vendor. I'm not sure where your 60-day window comes from but it sounds more like your own expectations and impatience to me.

The item was quoted on the CP site as being available March/April - i.e. late March, early April. Which is right now... and they're in and getting ready to ship.

... so you thinking you have to ask for updates, when there have been a number of them provided, and everything seems to be lining up to what was indicated (not 'promised'), sure sounds like impatience to me. =)
    :2c: 

5. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

Ah... the good ol' days. When games where merely a wall full of white slips of paper and a little flip up card of the box art. =)
    [​IMG]

6. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Amen! And don't forget that if you wanted the hidden character or bonus stage, you beat the game, the company didn't ask for another $5 or $10 for it, per piece of content, turning your $60 game into a $70, $80, or even $100 game.

Playing RE6 right now, and it is just tossed together crap. Feels like they had a bunch of ideas for other games never made, and slopped them together. I hope the rumors of a Resident Evil reboot are true. The story has gotten ridiculously overdramatic and stupid, miles away from the campy horror story of the first two game.

Anyhoo, I'm totally relaxed now about Quakewave, and he could come in at the end of April for all I care now, because I realized GI Joe comes out Friday, I got pre-screening tickets to JP3D (haven't seen the Park on the big screen in since 1993), and my gf is planning to move in with me, so I got a lot on my plate too. Quakewave, and MP Cassetticons can take their sweet time getting to me.

7. mckeller

mckeller Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I second this. :) 

8. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

As to not be completely off-topic, looking forward to my shipping email! =)

No, but they did usually have a 900-number hint/tip line. =)
    I gave up after trying to get into 3. Played some of 4 & 5 but it just doesn't feel right for some reason. I needs the cheezy B movie cut scenes and bad voice acting. "Barry? Where's, Barry?"
    I skipped out of school during that year, my senior year, to go see that in the theater. I just got the Blu-ray trilogy for xmas but soooo tempted to see what is probably a poor post-production attempt at 3d just to see it again. =)

9. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    All 100% true... maybe it's an attempt to get a free "I'm sorry" totebag or something... I dunno. CP's communication has made the wait far more tolerable. I like having an idea of where I am at in the order process. No one else has ever sent me an email saying basically, "I got a crapload of boxes in front of me that need labels, so everything is on it's way soon!"
    I figure Tues or Wed I'll get the order shipped email, and this will have been an overall positive internet ordering experience for me.

I remember when MP13 came out, and TFSource sent me mine a week after everyone else was getting theirs. No email, not even listed as in stock. Just me chomping at the bit, wondering if it got held up in customs, so it was delayed, etc. They were telling me that parcels were going out in the order they were received, but I knew a friend who ordered in December who got his before I got mine, and I preordered in May of 2012... it was very stressful.

10. JediTray

JediTray aka User897

Wow, I keep reading about bad experiences with TFSource. Maybe it's a good thing that I never used them.

At any rate, I wonder when ReproLabels will release a Quakewave set. It would be nice to have a chest emblem that deals with that little ridge under his chin.

11. Rolling Steel

Rolling Steel Member

I don't to argue with you, but I HAVE gotten preorder updates from BBTS and other sites..sites that DO NOT make you pay in full, over 30 days in advance.

Captured Prey is trying...but thus far all I see are excuses. I'm hoping that since the last "statement" that the my 2 Quakewaves do indeed ship since he said they had ALL orders ready to go. Time will tell.

12. Rolling Steel

Rolling Steel Member

1. I'm complaining because CP is the only site that requires FULL payment in advance, despite not being able to fulfill the order.

2. CP issued several statements, the most recent telling everyone to remember that it is his second job. No offense, but I am a customer. When is the last time you PREPAID for something at any retail or online location and then were told to have patience in receiving your product because it was not their primary focus of business?

You don't have to agree with me...I am allowed to have an opinion and mine is based on the that CP still has not come through.

13. Sludge

News Credits:
    Are you serious? He has posted in this thread numerous times giving updates. You sound like an entitled, whiny, man child. You;re going on my ignore list so I don't have to read your garbage in this thread that I really enjoy.

14. RDprime

RDprime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sorry dude...you have a multiple piece Quakewave order so yours is being worked out over the next few days...didn't you read the email that was sent on Saturday?

Did you just join the thread to bitch about your order?

This thread has been so positive up until now...

15. tb-1599

tb-1599 Well-Known Member

didnt know you could do that. I will have to figure out how now.

16. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Just remember that Sidecutter, while working a day job and owning/operating the CapturedPrey retail store practically on his own, is one of the most active voices in the 3rd party forum and TF community.

If there's a person who deserves praise, it might be Sidecutter.

17. Sludge

News Credits:
    Click on User CP and then on the left it's under Settings and Options. The ignore list is a wonderful tool.

18. mapatel

mapatel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dont let it discourage you. TFS is quite good, but sometimes getting in touch with them is easier said than done.

19. BuddaMonk

BuddaMonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok....I think that cry baby has gotten enough attention as is. Let him throw a temper tantrum elsewhere.

Back onto topic. So I thought my Quakewave was close to being flawless but there's an issue with one of his ankle swivels. One of the pieces was assembled upside down, limiting his ankle pivot. I tried removing the screws but that particular piece is connected via pin, and I ain't messing around with that. Oh well. So I guess the next figure will the the translucent one, then perhaps a new mold. I saw their Blaster, looks nice. If they can push it out before Takara makes any annoucements, I'm sure people will jump on him. Alright Fans Toys, i'm ready for your next offering!

20. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Proof? Please provide the date that your order was promised to be filled

Order it from somewhere else then. Or go ahead and contact Sidecutter to cancel your order. I'm sure he will.

Note to Sidecutter - I'll take that order in a second if he won't quit whining. Just send me a PM and it will make us both happy.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013