Fans that HATED the Movie and will hate this one

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Conceptron, Oct 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

QTF.
    I agree with the post entirely.
    That's exactly why I hate Megatron. Now I have to admit. SOME of the movie designs grew on me, such as Optimus, and Barricade, etc.
    But other like Megs and SS were just terrible, for these very same reasons.

2. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

You might want to make a poll for that to see if what you're saying is true here or just ego-stroke.

Fixed

3. Nimbletongue

Nimbletongue Well-Known Member

I didn't like the 1st movie because it seemed to me (I know this is a "if" list) if I would of never seem/heard about what the robots looked like, if the autobot/decepticon symbols where removed from the movie, if I would of watched it with the sound turned down, I would have never know the movie was about the transformers I grew up with. I would of assumed it was just some action movie with some generic transforming robots. To me they could of called Prime Leader-1 and it would of ended up a Go-Bot movie as much as it was a Transfomer movie by calling him Prime.

I'm sleepy so that might of been jibberish but I think I'm trying to say that to me the only reason that movie had something to do with Transformers is because they named it Transformers and called some of the characters names used in the Transformers universe. Bah, I can't get my thoughts across well on paper, I know what I mean, back to just lurking and laughing for me.

4. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, are we really still talking about this? :lol 

It seems like a lot of the anger I have seen stems from the fact a vocal few are utterly infuriated that such a "bad" movie was generally well-accepted by fans and overwhelmingly financially successful in spite of being a "bad" representation of Transformers.

I suppose the question I have is, would you have been more satisfied if the movie had failed miserably at the box office? Would that have satiated your need to be "right" about it, even if the health of the franchise as a whole significantly suffered from such failure?

For me, TFA is the absolute worst thing to ever bear the TF logo, but I don't go around starting threads about it when so many others find it enjoyable; that's just unproductive and combative. Vote with your wallet.

5. Nimbletongue

Nimbletongue Well-Known Member

Hey!!! I think this is what I was trying to say in my well thought out and well worded post. :)  Well, yea I agree with these quotes, I should of read the whole thread 1st

6. Conceptron

Conceptron Banned

Can someone do me a favour? Roberto Orci should remember me from the Official Movie forum but I have been banned forever from asking him questions. So can someone ask him whether he truly feels that what he wrote for the first movie can actually be called GOOD in the most basic terms. That's all for now. Thanks again for whoever asks the question for me. Just put it as "Conceptron asks..."

7. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

You lost your priviledges to ask questions and that's the end of the story. Asking other members to do so as a workaround will likely incur an infraction for themselves and a subsequent banning from that thread.

If you got yourself banned from there you only have yourself to blame and as a result have to suffer the consequences of acting like... well I don't think I need to finish that sentence, I'm sure you consider yourself as some great arbiter of all things awesome and won't be persuaded otherwise.

8. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

You wasted two-three days then, because your script was TRASH.

And no, it did not.

It must really suck to be you and be all "I know I'm going to hate this, but I'm still going to watch it so I can figure out why it is that I hate it." LOL, truly the joke is on YOU. You talked about "garbage you HAD to pay for?" Well, la-dee-frickin-dah, someone came to your house and dragged you to the box office at gunpoint? (Probably multiple times.) You could've very well stayed home the first time.

But you're not going to stay home, are you? You're going to have your butt in that cinema seat, and probably more than once. You're going to be paying your part of Mike Bay, Bob Orci and Alex Kurtzman's salary and that just chaps your butt, doesn't it? YOU CAN'T STAY AWAY!

Suggestion...either drop your pretenses and decide to give it a FAIR CHANCE or just freakin' stay home and stop whining.

Oh...and leave Bob Orci alone, wouldya? He's got more talent for writing in his toenail shavings than you ever will have in your entire family's DNA collective. Now go sit back and enjoy an episode of "Fringe," because I know you watch that too.

9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    GEEWUN criticism

Genuine criticism.

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Yea I think Prime was a good example of what could have been. Even with the extra parts there was enough the old look to say "hey that's got to be Prime". If more of the characters had been like that I think the new look would have been easier to accept.

11. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bay Brainstomring.

I got an Idea,
    Lets make a Batman movie..but instead of a cape, lets give him real batwings..so its more real.
    Oh and the Joker, isnt a clown at all..lets make him a look like a chief, and hell cook up all sorts of trouble for batman..

lol

Ill still see TM2, but there way of thinking is just retarted.

12. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

So you call yourself Conceptron? Ok, cool name,I dig it.

But, I don't like your alt. mode...IRRATIONALITY!

13. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    more like
    "Lets make a Batman movie..but instead of a snug spandex bodysuit, lets give him motocross gear..so its more real.
    Oh and the Joker, isnt a clown at all..lets make him a look like a hobo, and he doesn't use laughing gas or acid squirting flowers, instead he just has knives and bombs"

14. DeathsHead

DeathsHead Well-Known Member

But that would make it good...

15. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Your script was terrible. painfully so. and you didnt write it in two or three days. you were talking about it for a LOOOOOONG time and you had to be harassed into actually posting it. so you were either brainstorming for it or writing it long before you posted it.

and I can understand fans not liking the first movie. I can respect that. I hate the G1 show and all of Beast Machines. very few people like everything in a franchise.

but what I cannot understand, and not respect, is people saying they will hate or love a movie none of us have seen yet. reserve positive or negative judgement until you actually see the film.

16. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That was Batman Begins, they did it right..

17. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

Exactly. More realistic is not necessarrily a bad thing especially for live action. Some concepts obviously work better than others.
    That was his point. Meaning making TF's more realistic should have enhanced the experiance for some similar to the way realism worked for the recent Batman movies.
    Actually it was The Dark Knight with the Joker reference. But yeah, they did Batman begins right too.;) 

18. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    or at least until we have a trailer.

19. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Batman was a MAN!
    These are robots, huge streach and burden to try and make it "real"
    My orginal point was why try and make Robots real? Its like trying to make Batman look more like a Bat

20. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Hehehe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.