Fans that HATED the Movie and will hate this one

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Conceptron, Oct 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Conceptron

Conceptron Banned

This is a thread dedicated to fans who thought that the movie was a pile of rubbish. Like total garbage. As a fan, I would just like to give my honest humble opinion on why I thought the film was hard to sit through, with moments were I had to turn away when Megan Fox was TRYING to act. The awful dialogue, poor plot and plain rubbish structure. The very foundations of the film were all wrong.
    If there are any of you who as fans felt the movie sucked, this is your thread. If you liked it, state why you liked it.

2. cbff

cbff Destroyer of Botcon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I had to check the title again, I thought you were talking about G1 for a minute there....

3. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    No movie is perfect. I can even find flaws in movies like Iron Man and The Dark Knight.

The entire board knows that there are people that don't like the movie. Creating a thread for people that didn't like the movie is as pointless as creating a thread for people who liked the movie. Because it has been over a year and I think if you haven't already voiced your opinion about it, you're a little late because we're already talking about the new movie now.

Wait a minute, you actually wanted lots of dialogue as opposed to more robot rumble? No wonder you hated the movie.

4. simplygriff

simplygriff ยต - Elitist Dick

News Credits:
    This thread will probably go down in flames but I support you OP. I hated the movie and will hate this one. The Arcee is 3 motorcycles thing, the Soundwave as a possible truck, The garbage character designs... Virtually everything I read about it makes me cringe. All over again.
    -G

5. Sir_Sapphire

Sir_Sapphire Well-Known Member

I invite anyone who thinks they can do better to do so.

6. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I mostly enjoyed it for the fanboy (and girl) angst.

Don't get me wrong, the special effects were awesome, I think the character designs and subsequent toys were great, and Peter Cullen as Prime again was a major thrill.

But mostly it was all the entertaining angst.

7. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

how could you hate a transformers action movie? pull the hair out of your ass and enjoy it for what it is damn, you're never going to be happy in life if things this small bother you that much

8. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Its seems the people who dont like it just say *I didnt like this. I didnt like that." With no explaination

9. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    :rolleyes: 
    :banghead: 
    :horse: :deadhorse: 
    :throw 
    :trolls: 
    :tumbleweed: 
    :locked2: 
    :rip 

10. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Bottom Out: Lay off. Conceptron is entitled to his opinion. And you certainly don't seem to be going out of your way to make friends here with the way you post.
    Sir_Sapphire: out of everyone who has slagged off the movie, Conceptron is the only one I have seen who has actually had the grapes to answer your comment by actually trying to do so. It wasn't perfect, but it wasn't awful either. most importantly, he gave it a shot. I don't agree with his views on the movie or how he puts them, but out of most of the people who had a go at it, he's one of the most "entitled" to do so.
    cbff: Your point is simple and beautifully illustrated. Kudos ;) 

11. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    this and...

the bold. i know that we all have our own opinions and we are entitled to them, but this thread is asking for trouble, and i KNOW that this thread will get locked cause people will take things offensively. this thread is just asking for trouble, so do NOT complain when people call you haters and stuff.

also, saying you hate something that hasnt even happened yet-kinda... well you know-just give it a chance and try to enjoy it, dont decide you hate the movie before it even comes out

12. on_a_warpath

on_a_warpath OAW 2010

I liked the movie because it had a bunch of f*cking explosions.

13. aurascope

aurascope Kitbash Resource Indexer

Ebay:
    You don't have to be a cook to know that some microwave food sucks.

Likewise, I am absolutely repulsed by the robot designs
    and the amateurish plot.

20 years away from G1 and the plot is still like G1.
    There is little semblance of any character development,
    and the dialogue is cliche.
    The whole thing reeks of a commercial to sell toys,
    not that it shouldn't, but it shouldn't smell like it.

The robot fight scenes are the only redeeming factor.

I hated it so much, I only got it on DVD. not blu ray.
    now that says alot.

14. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

I think it's premature to say you're going to hate the next movie before you've seen it. Bash it all you like after you've seen it, but coming out with a predetermined opinion of hatred before the movie's even finished is premature. That's all I'm saying.

15. aurascope

aurascope Kitbash Resource Indexer

Ebay:
    i assume he's talking about the robot designs, because that's the only thing that will be consistent in the next movie.

16. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Can those of you who don't like the robot designs specifically explain why they look so bad to you? Because do you understand the amount of work and COMPLEXITY there is in those models...?

17. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

First of all, the plots in g1 were terrible and nothing (except disney transformers) could have a worse plot. Second, buying it on blu-ray(Which honeslty, always looked BROWN to me) instead of dvd says NOTHING.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    No, garbage is about as descriptive as they get. Oh, and rubbish. Can't forget rubbish.

I just don't see a point to bashing. What is there to be gained of it besides trying to kill the fun for everyone else? This is why I don't visit these boards. With the amount of people who hate Transformers and everything about it I'm surprised there's still fans left.

19. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Amount of work and complexity does not equal good designs. Bands put alot of work into their albums, and doesn't make them good by definition.

That said, I really didn't like the designs when I first saw them. They reminded me of those transforming dinosaurs made by Bandai a few years back. They just weren't in step with the traditional Transformer aesthetic IMO.

However, I've grown to somewhat like them and tolerate them after watching the movie a few times. They are complex transformations, but I still they are way over done and could be simplified.

Though I'm over the hatefest for the movie. Its not the best, but its also not the worst movie I've seen. Could we have gotten a better movie made? Yes, but this is the one we got, so nothing we can do to change that now.

Edit: They were Dinozaurs.

http://www.virtualtoychest.com/dinozaurs/dinozaurs.html

20. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Why can anyone say why they dont like it. DURR BAD PLOT BECAUSE I SAID SO NOT LIKE G1DURRR Is not okay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.