Fans, stop trying to change the Movieverse

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Starscreamer95, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Directors, Writers, Cast, and right down to the Transformers. People want the Movie's changed.

After just three months of Revenge of the Fallen's release, so much criticizem as been tossed around by fans alike, which is understandable, because we want justice for the franchise. But, I just dont like how some fans are upset by even the littlest changes, like Soundwave's voice, the fact that most Decepticons die easily, colour differences from the toy to the film. It's quite patheatic, just deal with it.

Everyone should no by now Michael Bay isnt leaveing the films without a fight. He has the deal with the Air Force, GMC, etc. So dont even try to change this.

The Wirters, are fantastic, they grew up with the show, the toys, TF1 was a great introduction for non-fans. ROTF, a bit of a challenge introducing a TF story, it turned out good if you thought through the plot. But then it came to the fight scenes, which we know are under Bay's full control, maybe that was why the last battle was so short, dont blame the writers for battle scenes when we clearly know that Bay control's them. Let 'em stay.

Cast... Is it me, or do half of the users on this Board have a thing against Shia? Personality? His "No, no, no, no, no, no, no"'s? He's a good kid, well not kid he's older than me. :lol  As for Megan, she's preety much in for her sex appeal. But, she can act. Majority of film's like this have a Sex appeal some how. Josh, Tyrese, the big buff army guys that make the army look good and sexy. All these people are perfect in this film series. Keep them.

Ahh, the Transformers. The hate began in 2006, when the first piece of art got out, it happpend, the "Oh, Michael Bay you wrecked my child hood! Damn you Micahel Bay!" crap. It's amazing none of this bullshit happens everytime they make a new TV series. Now people hate Soundwave's un-vocoreded voice, the fact Rampage is red, can people just please stop it. And now some people criticize the "racist" Twins, can someone just refresh where they said anything along those lines? If they were, and people are so pissed on that, the world needs a wake up call, half the world is, at least. It's amazing a War hasnt started over it.

My point is, is that we should just let it go like a TV series, we dont suggest anything at all on one, do we? Let the film's go and let them do what they want. But if we see anything get really, really bad, then we can step in.

2. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The TF movieverse is fine the way it is by me. I've no complaints wahtsoever. :) 

3. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    Logic is not allowed in the movie forum!!!!

but seriously, we can try all we want, most fans don't think and just complain

i can't tell you how many times i had to debate over and over how the explination of multiple constructicons was that protoforms scanned the same alt mode, and ended up having the same transformation sceme since it is basically the same thing transforming twice.......they still don't believe that.......ugh they think that it makes more sense that the ones that form devastator don't transform......ugh

4. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    :lol  Something I'd like to see.

5. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i know right? ugh i use to talk calmly when it came to the movie forum, now i am just grouchy and don't give a crap, i am tired of this dumbassery

6. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    logic? how absurd

7. swampflight

swampflight Banned

It never ends...

People have been complaining about Transformers since the first movie in 1986 and the way I see it,if someone doesnt like something that much,find something that they do like.

8. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Wait...

What was the point in that post?

Stop... not liking the movie? I'm kind of confused.

Oh wait... stop not liking the movie, because you like the movie?

9. Deadpool.

Deadpool. I want my bird.

News Credits:
    You're making my head spin, you fascist dictator!

10. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Hey, I'm just trying to work out what the OP was saying.

11. Deadpool.

News Credits:
    From what I read, he's pretty much saying that the fandom should give them the freedom to do whatever they want with the movies, and that we should only step in and intervene when they do something that could cause the franchise to be ruined forever.

(Basically, just read the last paragraph.)

12. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    Is it just me or is it typo night?

13. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    lololol

14. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I think some of it is the fact that it's a movie. Bay has a hard enough time writing a story, but a movie is supposed to be a two-hour deal that ends, with perhaps a sequel if its popular enough.

I think what we're used to is a TV series. It's OK if they don't explain why this, this, and this happen because there's going to be a few more episodes. Four/five episodes of Animated = the same length of the movie, and Animated went on for three whole seasons. That's an awful lot of time to work on character and plot development that the movie simply doesn't have time to do (and again, Bay has all the subtlety of a brick being hurled through a window).

Picking at Soundwave's voice or why certain detail X happened, that's reaching for a reason to hate. Go attack the plot, shallow characters, and useless enemies. I enjoyed ROTF, but it had its problems and I'm fine with hearing those. Complaining about why Soundwave doesn't have a vocoded voice is a bit silly IMO.

15. Deadpool.

News Credits:
    Wait, what? He's not a she? And to think that I always thought that he's a she, due to the "starscream" in his username.

16. Spoon

Spoon Banned

To be honest, I think trying to read the rest of it is a futile effort.

I would've assumed that he didn't speak English, and had attempted to put his point through Google translator, but he's from Melbourne...

17. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

Considering that these are the first live action movies of Transformers, i'm willing to give the creative team the benefit of the doubt.

18. Flyby33

Flyby33 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    it doesnt matter who directs or writes the film people will always find something not right with the movieverse..we are all people with minds and opinions very different thoughts...opinions are like assholes everyone has one..even if we had the great steven speilberg step in to direct we would still complain about something..i am 30 years old grew up with G1 hardcore, but i don't wine about the bayformers i actually think they are better than g1 ( i know shoot me now)..the movieverse is what got me back into Tfs and collecting them..i think they are fine the way they are..it just blows my mind how bad TF 1 got blasted when it came out in 2007, now those same people say how great TF1 was and how bad ROTF was, even though bay added just about everything we wanted but ofcourse thats not good enough...i mean seriously when TF3 comes out those same people that flamed on rotf will say how great it was and how bad TF3 was. i'm convinced that people aren't happy unless they are bitching.....well thats my rant for the day...blast away

19. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

Thank you, Starscreamer95, for making an intelligent post!

I've seen some really bullshit complaints about RotF (my top 3 "most idiotic complaints" would be: 1. The twins being racist, 2. Optimus being too bad ass, and 3. Devastator's Balls )

To be honest, I think these movies are very "G1"... in other words, focus very much on action, kinda cheesy, and minimal character development (can anyone tell me anything about G1 Skids other than the fact that he was in Triple Takeover? :lol ). My non-die-hard TF friends (who are really only into the movies) who have sat down and watched a few G1 episodes with me now that they have interest in the franchise and its roots would agree with that too. Oh sure they might be a bit more crude in the humor dept., but that's what separates the Bay movies from the rest of the franchise. We wouldn't want everything to be the same now would we? ;) 

20. Spoon

Spoon Banned

...The last person who made that point kicked off all this fascism madness in the first place, y'know.