Fans Hobby MB-06 Power Baser (Power Master OP)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Looking more and more amazing with each photo. Can't wait to see the fully painted and finished production shots. Handling this with all of the chunk and clicking joints is going to be downright euphoric.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe for you.

Not for me. ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  3. dmarsee

dmarsee Minibot Action

In the animation, the fingers appear to be red.
    You're right, the thumb should be the same color as the fingers, though.
    IMG_6402.JPG

We fans (and I'm guilty of this too) really have a "Comic Book Guy" attitude sometimes.

"Are the colors of the hand and fingers inverted? Worst. Figure. Ever."

• Like Like x 2
  4. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    I like them.

They didn't. Blue hands with red fingers is show accurate.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

It's the recent Takara Legends Super Ginrai that inverted them.

That does bug me, but it's an unpainted test shot. Might be fixed before release.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Weezie

Weezie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am selling most of my MPs but I am tempted to get this guy because he will look so awesome on the shelf next to MP Prime. Serious shelf candy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. dmarsee

dmarsee Minibot Action

Dude, nobody said you were expected to *like* anything.

There's a difference between being ambivalent toward a thing, or deciding it's not for you... and getting your facts wrong and using that as a reason to say a thing is terrible.

• Like Like x 2
  7. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

Kind of early to be taking a shite on this because an early prototype MAY having some coloring wrong in part of the hands. The feet behind the head are show accurate.

[​IMG]

EXACT Show proportions are sometimes simply impossible.

MB-06 all pretty show accurate. boo hoo. Take your Maketoys complaints to that forum.

8. Datstro

Datstro Plastic Surgeon

News Credits:
    Yeah... my kinda Ginrai.
    Much better than what I've seen with the official bot.
    Maketoys make a neat Ginrai with Erebus but it's way too small.
    This is just perfect in size and chunk.
    Will make for an awesome display.
    I'm really starting to like Fans Hobby and they're seriously getting my money!

• Like Like x 2
  9. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I continue to be completely indifferent to show accuracy, since for me, he's not Ginrai. He's Powermaster Optimus Prime. I have no ties to the Japanese continuity whatsoever, so in my headcanon and for my purposes, this just remains what the G1 toy was for me in the States: A big, beefy, chunky reformatting of Optimus Prime, who has somehow come back from the dead (in a form never depicted in the cartoon, but vaguely hinted at in box art.)

Never read the Marvel comics either, so accuracy to that doesn't matter to me either. :D  :p 

• Like Like x 7
  10. dmarsee

dmarsee Minibot Action

My experience is similar.

I have no connection to the fiction surrounding Ginrai / Super Ginrai / God Ginrai (except that they exist), or for any comics.

But I have positive memories of the original figure, and that I think Power Baser looks friggin' cool. And that's all I need.

• Like Like x 4
  11. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

I was looking at my FP Quickswitch next to the FH Monsterbots... what are the chances FH is FP rebranded?

12. Michael Mercy

Michael Mercy "Prepare for war, but strive for peace."

This flap above the windshield is more obvious to me now that it's in colour. Doesn't look very "Prime-ish" to me. I'm used to the windshield being closer to the head so that flap looks wrong. The head looks too small for the size of the body too.

[​IMG]

13. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The standard Prime/Ginrai bot has the head closer to his windshield.

This is NOT a standard Prime/Ginrai picture.

14. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Out of curiosity, how does that indifference influence your thoughts on the figure? I had the toy, and I was especially glad because I never had the earlier Optimus Prime. And I read the Marvel comics as a kid. Didn't watch Masterforce until I was an adult, and I didn't really care for it, but that was still enough to make me think of this as Super Ginrai.

So what you're (still) saying is that you (still) don't like it, then?

• Like Like x 2
  15. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It makes me like it more than I would a skinnier, more Masterforce-accurate figure. My headcanon was informed by the G1 toy, and the box art, and to a lesser extent the "season 5" intros, so in my mind PMOP needs to be beefy and blocky. Downright portly, even.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

I don't even know what you're trying to say with this because you were too lazy to use a whole sentence.

1: Power Baser isn't pretty show accurate. Yes, the animation model, and the original toy, have the cab robot's feet behind the head. Neither of them have enormous blocks of blue that stick up higher than the super robot head, nor do they have wheels on either side. No depiction has that weird plate the head is mounted on, a change to the design in order to make the big feet behind the head less obnoxious. It's simply an issue of proportions. If you really want to be difficult I'll match you and list every single way it's not accurate (like the little angled parts sticking out from the sides of the shoulders).

2: I don't care about show/toy/comic accuracy at all. I do not care that doesn't look like Marvel's version. I don't care that it differs from Masterforce. I don't care that it differs from the original toy. I only care if it looks good or not. And those huge feet/wheel chunks behind the head and weird plate/flap over the windshield just make it not look good to me. Just an aesthetic preference.

3: I wasn't complaining about Maketoys figure. I think it looks awesome but it's a different scale than I collect for my shelves. I made a statement about there currently being no offering available that suits my tastes, the other figure available was relevant to the comment.

4: You obviously want a fight so kindly fuck off and have it with someone else.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  17. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

1. It is close. You are rarely going to find a MP that is completely show accurate. I get it, you don't like blue blocks too high above the head. That doesn't make this project junk nor, garbage-truck looking etc. In fact in some frames, like the one I quoted in my last post. have your blue block right there behind the head. You would feel stupid if they just folded back in that test shot.
    2. You sound a little obsessive about how something looks to you when you say you don't care about the comparison artwork. You list all this reasons why it looks bad as an aesthetic preference.... but really... and you write don't care about the original design / artwork.
    i.e.
    In your case, you are never going to fine that perfect figure.

3. Then how about after 6 long lines of complaining about how bad something looks keep the 7th line about another product, Maketoys, out of it.

4. Come'on ... you write all this and don't want to have a discussion like you offered in point number one. ^^. Nope, its alright.. a little too much obsessiveness (to put it kindly) here for my liking. But feel free to rant on. All I quoted you on that it looks like the animation model... and here you are listing 4 points of obsessive compulsive laced with profanity. Aren't we touchy.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  18. DinobotSludge

DinobotSludge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

...not sure how I feel about these production image... Arms seem too high set at the shoulder, and those legs... DANG! What the HELL is up with all these newer figures across the board having stumpy thighs but overly large boot/shin areas??? I hope the legs extend outward and we can rotate the arms down.

19. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    A tank, a plane, a truck, and 3 pilots.
    Co fanshobby on Facebook.
    21766663_1752357864777476_6100854976595557652_n.jpg 21768279_1752357911444138_4685138121714247840_n.jpg 21764989_1752357871444142_2587838302348116004_n.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  20. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 3