Fans Hobby MB-06 Power Baser (Power Master OP)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Oct 28, 2016.

1. trey carter

trey carter The hash slinging slasher

News Credits:
    Overlord is gonna be 16.5-17.5"

• Like Like x 3
  2. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  3. Matrix1981

Matrix1981 It's Hot Rod's fault...

Take my friggin money please!

4. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Jtotheiso187

Jtotheiso187 Well-Known Member

I didn't like this one at all starting out but all the changes and the full prototype looks worlds better than the original renders. PMOP is shaping up really nicely.

• Like Like x 1
  6. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

It has to go all the way. No Godbomber no sale. I would prefer they come out together because of being a new company.

7. IanAdams

IanAdams Secret Octopus

IMG_6213.PNG

• Like Like x 2
  8. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And personally I'm glad they'll be separate.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Ditto. I mean, I WANT their Godbomber, but I don't NEED him and I like being able to space out the purchases or have the option of NOT buying him if I decide to go that way.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just wouldn't wanna spend all that money in one shot.:lol 

• Like Like x 7
  11. PlasticSpark

PlasticSpark Wannabe Wrecker

Can. Not. Wait. Definitely cool that they are doing a Godbomber as well!

• Like Like x 1
  12. SHADDO

SHADDO Arashikage Decepticon

The combined mode looks pretty impressive, (in SPITE of the incessant whining about the feet behind his head, which the G1 definitely had going on, albeit to a lesser extent...), and the base mode is no better or worse than the HasTak versions. So, as far as all of that goes, it's looking better than I expected it would after seeing the initial color renders, of which that blue is horrible, so I'm glad it's looking like they're going with a much deeper shade of blue.

But...can we actually address the elephant in the room?! No, it isn't the feet behind his head that everyone seems absurdly focused on during this whole time...it's the freaking, honking, ginormously huge FEET hanging off the BACK OF THE PANCAKE FLAT TRAILER!!! Okay, so TWO elephants, but seriously, this isn't a problem for anyone? SERIOUSLY?! COME ON!!!

I'm sorry, but size aside, the FansHobby vehicle version looks all kinds of "are-you-freaking-kidding-me?" Seriously, the HUGE@$$ FEET just sticking out of the trailer back is even more ridiculous than the Hasbro version...not to mention how insanely FLAT and WIDE looking the trailer is, PLUS all of the hard edges and corners of every angle...but ESPECIALLY those freaking GINORMOUS @$$#d FEET clumped on the back of the trailer...! ALMOST as bad as the Xovergen trailer, which is only worse because it didn't even remotely resemble his trailer to start with, but also DIDN'T bulk him up so much as make him proportionately taller to his regular self...which is NOT how PMOP should look...he's SUPPOSED to be thicker all around, because he's a smaller bot wearing a freaking TRAILER to make himself a MUCH BIGGER, more powerful ARMORED bot, not a proportionately bigger Prime...Xovergen got it WRONG, very VERY WRONG, but FansHobby at least is getting THAT right.

FansHobby has REALLY, REALLY, GOT to do something about that horribly obvious issue with the vehicle mode all-around!

Yes, I realize that MOST everyone will predominantly keep him in his awesome combined mode, including me if I decide to buy him, which may greatly depend on whether they deal with fixing the flat, LEGO look, but more importantly, those freaking feet. However, as awesome as that big bot may look, his base mode will sadly outshine his vehicle mode, because of the pancake LEGO flatness and big oversized trailer feet...and let's face it...really and truly, AFTER the big bot mode, it's the TRUCK AND TRAILER alt mode that is most important to 99.9% of fans, NOT the after thought base mode.

So, how about we discuss THOSE freaking feet, instead of the feet behind his little head in combined mode, for a little while, considering THAT'S literally the bigger problem that needs to be dealt with here.

Not to belittle anyone else's concerns over important things like the"holy scale" issue or his backpack/foot kibble or anything else of vital importance, but this is clearly an issue that SHOULD be dealt with BEFORE production begins, don't you think?

Like I said, looks great in combined mode, but the alt mode needs fixing more at this point, not nitpicking over back kibble and going back and forth about scale and screen vs. toy accuracy...I just want an all-around awesome figure if we are planning to drop serious cash on this thing. I'm not wrong here...

• Like Like x 3
  13. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    *shrug*

I'll never transform mine into his alt mode, but I can see what you're saying. To me though, the bot mode (or in this case modes) are the most important thing to me, and in this case I'm extremely happy with this guy.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Chaoticon

Chaoticon Well-Known Member

As soon as I get this guy out of the box he will be combined into super ginrai to display in all his glory. It's all about the combined bot mode. As a kid I never cared much about the truck mode and I'm just glad it looks decent. The feet that the guy above spent a whole page commenting on actually don't bother me at all. It's supposed to be a futuristic looking vehicle so I can let it stretch my imagination a bit.

• Like Like x 2
  15. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

I dont mind the feet. Sure I would prefer if they would just intelock better and not show at all but, the g1 toy had both arms and feet showing so....

That said, at least this set from the looks of it doesnt need outside companies to make 3 upgrade kits to have it do what its supposed to.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Suck it HasTak!! ;)  :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  17. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    • Like Like x 11
  18. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I completely agree on all points... however, I urge you not to settle :) 
    In the age of "third party" companies we can't afford to settle. Otherwise we encourage Xovergen quality releases.

I'm sure a super ginrai will be released that meets your standards.

We need to speak with our wallets. Sometimes that's the only language people understand.

• Like Like x 2
  19. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

This is looking great! I liked it before the changes... And still looks great after :) 

20. SHADDO

SHADDO Arashikage Decepticon

The feet, and even the arms didn't stick NEARLY as bad, nor in such an OVERLY OBVIOUS way, as these GINORMOUS trailer feet, and were sort of even hidden, depending on the version you had. Also, this ISN'T the 80's. Toy technology and articulation have improved vastly enough that such an obvious eye sore shouldn't be an issue at all.

As far as "needing" multiple upgrades to be a certain way, well that's just because HasTak are lazy. FansHobby is also MUCH more involved for the price point of the ORIGINAL figure, upgrades NOT withstanding.

That people are bitching about scale and foot/backpack kibble behind the bot head, but willing to let an even more obvious flub in the alt mode skate by, just screams double standard, whether or not SOME people care about every mode, or two modes, in favor of "the ONE" mode.

If it were Hasbro doing that, you guys would be BITCHING your brains out over it, and I know it's true because it already happened withMagnus AND PMOP...BUT, because it's a 3rd Party doing ONE MODE "correctly" (for some), you're willing to give it a pass...? If ANYTHING, the 3rd Parties should be held to HIGHER STANDARDS for the simple fact that they COST SO MUCH MORE! Period.

• Like Like x 1