Fans Hobby MB-06 Power Baser (Power Master OP)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Oct 28, 2016.

1. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):

Then you're not lookin for Power Baser.... Gun Fighter II and FansHobby's Tank Megatron are likely what you'll be looking out for.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    Damn, still nothing on the God Bomber add-on or Nemesis version PO? I’m starting to get antsy:lol 

• Like Like x 2
  3. Chaoticon

Chaoticon Well-Known Member

They made it pretty clear on their FB page that they upsized the original Overlord design to match the size of their Godbomber, so yes, they would match well in the end. The original design they showcased had overlord being the same size as PMOP but when fans asked them to please reconsider the size, they decided to change the scale. If you follow their FB site, you will get the latest updates. They are very responsive to fans' recommendations, and seem to have made some good refinements to the Overlord design last I checked.

• Like Like x 3
  4. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah, interesting, I didn't know that was one of the driving forces behind the design changes. Well, glad they did, because that new tank half is way better looking than their original design.

5. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmmn, interesting. Not sure about the deco on that MB-04. Looks a bit "Hasbro" to me. I think it's the details on the shoulders, chest etc which are clearly meant to replicate the G2 sticker application. They do a really great job of replicating that look. I actually think the MB-01 deco in the grey and teal looks really stunning on that figure, but sadly doesn't fit my collection goals. The MB-04 look is kinda growing on me though...
    That's the thing with MB-06. It's a really nice looking, imposing figure that fit's into my collection really well because it has the traditional Optimus colouring red and blue, I just need to find a Megatron that will pose with him.
    At this stage, I'll pick up MB-06, and wait to see if FH gives us any more info on a G2 Megs Tank. Depending on size and deco for that, it can ether pair with MB-06 (if it's big enough) or I can maybe look at MB-04 if it's smaller. I'm thinking you're right though. A Tank Megatron is really an explicit pairing with that G2 Laser figure, so it would make sense for FH to scale them together

As it stands, Gunfighter 2 is MP-10 height, Power Baser is significantly taller than that, and their Overlord/Double evil is going to be insanely huge!
    Thanks again to everyone for the advice and suggestions. My collecting goals for this portion of my collection are a little unorthodox, as I have a very specific look and feel in mind, and getting that becomes more important than established cannon and continuity. It's very different to my two other collections (G1 MP and Voyager IDW) where scale and cannon are paramount.

mb01.jpg MB06.jpg Overlord.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. dmarsee

dmarsee Minibot Action

Sorry, that just struck me as funny. I mean, don't *all* TFs look a little "Hasbro?"

This also seems funny to me. You want MB-06 because of the traditional red/blue deco, but you're also wanting to pair it with G2 Tank Megs who is lime green and bright purple?

It's cool, man. We all have our thing. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  7. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All good.
    Actually, I think most 3P stuff looks a lot more "Takara" than "Hasbro". Pretty much every product released by both companies has a dirt cheap basic release by Hasbro and then goes on to feature extra paint app's, metallics, gimmicks etc when Takara does it.
    Compare any item released by both and Takara almost inevitably has the nicer figure, better deco, more inviting packaging.
    A lot of Hasbro stuff just looks cheap to me. That's kind of what I meant, but it's actually in a good way, as they're using tampo's and clever design to replicate the original G2 sticker look. Funnily my first insticnt was meh, "not interested" but the more I look at it, the more appealing I find it.
    Yeah. not relly logical is it? Reality is I'd totally prefer a silver deco for the mould. My hope is that they produce a G2 tank Megs and it's popular enough that they do the obvious silver "pseudo-G1" repaint. If they only do the G2 colours, there's at leats a 50% chance I'd skip it altogether, because it wouldn't look great on the shelf.
    Yep, and my thing is not logical or sensible :p , it's all about the feels. I really dig the G1 deco for Prime and Megs, and when I saw all the great MPish versions coming out, I decided to start a seperate collectio for just those two. It feels good to look at that shelf and see them all standing together. Heck I ghate Bayformers but I even have several of them in the collection, just because.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Deceptimatrix

Deceptimatrix Warrior Elite

What about the Wei Jiang Megatron?

• Like Like x 1
  9. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):

Too big for Power Baser.

10. dmarsee

dmarsee Minibot Action

At first blush, this seems genius to me.

Do we have head-to-toe measurements of each of these? Or comparison pics somewhere?
    I would have assumed (like @Deceptimatrix ) they'd be roughly equivalent.

11. MrDipnSlip

MrDipnSlip UnKnown Member

News Credits:
    Fans hobby

[​IMG]

Make of this what you will, but looks like pre-orders will open soon for a Dark/Black/Nemesis/Nucleon repaint of Power Baser. Maybe we'll get some shots of the final figure. Color me interested.

• Like Like x 3
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  12. GRAW

GRAW Fulfill Your Destiny

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 11
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  13. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm so tempted, but I don't even know where I would put it right now. Will it have the articulated hands like they're making for Power Baser (colored appropriately for this version, of course)? It doesn't look like it from the pic, but I guess it could always come in the box as an optional set of hands. And I wonder if they'll make two versions of godbomber to match each deco, or will their godbomber manage to go with either? Actually, I guess since they made separate trailers for Archenemy and Gunfighter, they might have two version of godbomber.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Slaglock

Slaglock Well-Known Member

i know its supposed to be nucleon quest perhaps but i would really like teal over the silver. still bought though

• Like Like x 2
  16. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    nah this is 100% the right colouring down to the purple bits on the knees

• Like Like x 2
  17. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    Purdyyyyy

• Like Like x 1
  18. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hate teal on Nemesis figures. It was a bad color choice in the 80s. Purple or silver is way cooler

19. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Teal is cool with Nemesis versions of Prime, but this isn't meant to be a Nemesis version.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1