Fans Hobby MB-06 Power Baser (Power Master OP)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Oct 28, 2016.

1. dmarsee

dmarsee Minibot Action

Tell me about it.
    I am still trying to get the upgrade parts for FH's Fei Long, but I don't want to buy Fly Pro to do it.
    So I feel your pain.

2. yvk2000

yvk2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I read the FB post and they said it will be released as a set. Makes sense as well as the red hands and head are meant as a tribute to the Marvel incarnation of PMOP, so it'd be silly to include them with God Bomber.

What they could possibly decide on is to make articulated fingers in the standard Ginrai red'nblue colors and include those with God Bomber. But they might consider making a more accurate Super/God Ginrai head as well - I for one asked them to make one :)  - and then we'd have two sets.

3. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably a silly question, but who would be the most appropriate bot to stand opposite this guy as an opponent?

I collect matched pairs of Optimus and Megatron - Ideally in roughly the same style, scale and finish on each (can play a little fast and lose where necessary - Apollyon pairs reasonably well with ToyWorld Primorion and MT Despotron looks decent next to the chunky JJ Commander. I also included BW Megatron and Primal, G1 Galvatron and Rodimus, even MMC IDW Megtron and Rodimus - seperate to the GCreation Prime and Bomber megs)

I quite like the look of this guy, but from my reading there was no "Powermaster Megatron" toy, or in the Marvel comics, and even in the weird Japanese "godbombery/ginrai super mega awesome bots" continuities I couldn't work out who his opposite would be, and if anyone would bother making a matching toy of it?
    And to clarify, a black repaint doesn't work, they need to be different characters/moulds.

I prefer this version to the Maketoys one, but even if I had to rely on MT for an "opponent" that could work?
    Otherwise, I guess I need a big chunky 32 cm tall Megatron or Galvatron to fudge the pairing.

4. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

I think Fans Hobby has a G2 tank Megatron coming out eventually, I feel like that will probably fit.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Starganderfish

News Credits:
    Hmmn, that would work, assuming it;s in the same massive size. If they go MP scale though, it would be tiny.

6. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

Fans Hobby pretty much specializes in massive, chunky figures. While I personally have only been interested in their Archenemy as of yet (I don't really collect Autobots) it remains the third party figure that I feel like has given me the most for my money because he's just so damn big (though I still wish it had come with the gun and the head that came with the trailer). I have the original G2 Megatron and he's fucking gigantic already, so if the way they have scaled these guys so far is anything to go by, their Megatron is going to be enormous.

7. hayabusa

hayabusa Skyfire

Overlord..and fFanshobby has one in the makes check him out ...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Starganderfish

News Credits:
    Huh. Overlord hmmn? I have the MMC Overlord, though he's IDW. I think he's a bit too sleek and modern to gel with PowerBaser. I'll look into Fans Hobby's though.

9. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fans Hobby's Overlord isn't out yet, unfortunately. MMC Overlord and GCreation Fuuma may be too IDW-ish for what you're wanting, but they're definitely all the same size:

opolss.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  10. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    I wasn't quite sold on the regular version, but the Marvel headed one fixes the pinhead look. Might pick it up now.

11. Chaoticon

Chaoticon Well-Known Member

Except that when he forms into godbomber he would certainly dwarf over MMC overlord

• Like Like x 1
  12. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, thinking about it more, Fanshobby Overlord is much bigger than Power Baser, but with godbomber, I'm guessing they'll be about the same size, which is prolly their intention since its the same company. So that's another thing to consider when trying to find someone to match Power Baser. Power Baser as is, or with the eventual godbomber add-on?

• Like Like x 3
  13. hayabusa

hayabusa Skyfire

Oh the fans hobby over lord is a big chunky bad azz beast

14. dmarsee

dmarsee Minibot Action

Adding a +1 vote to the other voices here. Fans Hobby’s planned Overlord is being designed to be a good match for the combined Power Baser + God Bomber combination. Much bigger than MMC’s version.
    I’m expecting it to be a year or so before I can have that matched pair on my shelf.

This is a good idea. But I suspect this is intended to look good next to Gunfighter II, or Power Baser in his “core/base” mode. Unlikely that this will match Power Paser’s combined-with-trailer bot mode.

I agree that these aren’t a perfect match. But they’ll do in a pinch. Thanks for sharing!

15. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Nearly enough to tempt me but I think the head needs to be a touch wider. I still really don't like that waist design either.

16. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    There's ol boy!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  17. Starganderfish

News Credits:
    That's actually the problem for me. I only want PowerBaser not the mega super ultra extra combined one. Overlord is going to be significantly taller than PowerBaser alone. Also, once in combined mode, PB looks even less like Optimus with all the blue and white add ons. The combined version plus Overlord will really stand out in a collection of red and blue Optimi and silver grey Megatron's .
    At this stage thinking I'll wait for Tank Megs, maybe even see if they do a silver G1 repaint of him. Otherwise keep an eye out for other chunky Megatron's. Appreciate the replies from everyone. Still in for Optimus but probably skipping the rest of them.

• Like Like x 2
  18. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  19. Starganderfish

News Credits:
    Doesn't matter. I collect matched pairs that look good together . Placing a 26cm figure next to a 36cm one disrupts the flow of the collection. Primorion next to Apollyon is about the most extreme I will go. Besides I kind of get the feeling the intention with the show was really for Overlord to match off against the upgraded form while the standard Powermaster form was a match for the default Skorponok I think?
    I don't know, the whole Japanese continuity makes zero sense to me and is way over the top.
    I'll wait for a Megatron I can pair with this guy.
    Thanks anyways .

• Like Like x 1
  20. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

b-b-b-b-ut the scale of it all

Primorion and Apollyon do look good beside each other when Primorion is all shrunk down at the thighs. Apollyon could use some boots though. However Mp-5 w/o the legs extended beside Primorion looks good too.

Well I'm off topic.
    hoping Fans Hobby is going to move on the rest of these projects. Ready for them.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 1