Fans Hobby MB-05 (Monsterbot Grotusque)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Bucket Head

Bucket Head -*-

they all look....I don't know....too squat. I wish they were a bit leaner. taller. I get the feeling they are a bit out of proportion somehow. I love these characters, and was super excited when the G1 toys came out decades ago and have been hoping someone would give them the 3rd party treatment. I'm kinda disappointed so far. I hope someone else tries their hand at them.

Bucket

2. Insectabot

Insectabot Well-Known Member

Wait, I think I had this guy when I was a kid, possibly my last transformer I owned.
    But didn't it have a spark wheel in its mouth????

3. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It did. They all did.

4. OrangeDraft

OrangeDraft Just another humble servant of Unicorn

I am curious about its tail
    It seems like it is a rigid plastic? I wish it has crazy articulation like Planet X Vulcan.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Crimson87

Crimson87 Senior Member

These are awesome.

I just wish they were scaled smaller to the Classics line. However, being as they're Monster bots with no set scale, I may be able to call them correctly scaled to classics either way, and claim they're more of a bruiser class with my FansToys Dinobots which are roughly the same size.

Masterpiece scale is taking over everything including the stuff that still need their classic's take first. For the most part it has saved me a lot of money.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    For me these FH Monsterbots are exactly what I am looking for,they are big and tough looking.Granted they aren't True Masterpiece Style with screen accuracy but then again these were never part of the US G1 Shows so for me it doesn't matter,these 3 Figures Honestly don't belong in either Masterpiece or Classic Lines they are a mix of both.That is why these will go into a category called CHUM or CHUMPS,which do you like better?,let me know.I wish all 3 would hurry up and go up for Preorder,not just Repugnus which is the only one.Later guys.

• Like Like x 3
  7. RIDRuination

RIDRuination Well-Known Member

Pretty much how I feel about the blitz towards MP style

• Like Like x 2
  8. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    The frustrating thing is that Hasbro is releasing guys like these and the Headmasters as deluxes because they arent popular enough and many people think that is a good size for them, but no 3P company thinks carbot size is a good size for MP versions of them.

9. Pessimus Prime

Pessimus Prime Slackerbot Commander

These characters would feel pretty odd in carbot size I think, especially with a fit and finish at this level, which issue I only mention because my impression is that most CHUG collectors like to display alongside the Hasbro mass-market stuff. Maybe that's only for a lack of other options? I confess I don't really understand collecting mass-market toys but I do hope that some 3P company starts addressing that sector of the fan base, because clearly you guys are out there and you aren't getting much thrown your way.

• Like Like x 1
  10. RIDRuination

RIDRuination Well-Known Member

Like these I can roll with at MP Scale, just go with my own thought that the Monsterbots are that much bigger than most but like every other 3rd Party Bot outside of FP stuff *Which is why I still like FP myself* going either Legends or MP scale & no real inbetween is pretty whack for me.

11. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    poor doublecross. itching his crotch or buttplate or picking his nose must be hard work.

IMHO Monsterbots need to be even Larger than Dinobots, because Scary. XD

• Like Like x 2
  12. Pessimus Prime

Pessimus Prime Slackerbot Commander

To say nothing of trying to shake his hand - no wonder the Monsterbots are so poorly socialized. I think Hun-Grrr got the better end of the stick on the whole "two-headed monster alt-mode" transformation thing.

13. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    What i meant was - not sure wether that came across right all of a sudden - that if someone made these characters at the size of an mp carbot they would be roughly voyager sized and people who want them at that size for their chug collection could use those mp carbot sized versions for the purpose.
    That was a very roundabout explanation though, and i agree the diecast and finish would make them look out of place.

Maybe TFC can do the Headmasters and Monsterbots when they run out of combiners :p 

14. Chaoticon

Chaoticon Well-Known Member

Yeah I know right. After all, we are talking about a dragon with two heads. The giant rabbit though, I guess that would take some imagination to picture one so large that towers over even the dinobots. Blame it on the original cartoon / toys for having such ridiculous scale concept.

15. Insectabot

Insectabot Well-Known Member

Sorry to bump, but anyone know where I can preorder this guy? It was the only monsterbot I had and probably the last transformer I bought as a kid.

• Like Like x 1
  16. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    This is the one I am waiting for as well. The rest are pretty meh.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Chaoticon

Chaoticon Well-Known Member

It's not available for preorder yet. My guess is that it would be available for preorder likely sometime in late May to early June. It's supposed to get released in July.

• Like Like x 1
  18. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    • Like Like x 2
  19. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

That's a weird filter to use for those pics..lol.. Got Doublecross last night and cannot wait for this guy too!

20. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

This company is so damn quick. Already have Archenemy, Megatooth, and Feilong and its on to Flypro for July. Wish it would have been next. After that I just need that trailer for Scourge.