Fans Hobby MB-04 Gunfighter II (Laser Prime)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Sep 4, 2016.

1. yvk2000

yvk2000 Well-Known Member

Wow, what an incredible difference! And combined Geoff Senior's artwork riding all over the trailer...man I'm so gonna get this.

2. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
  3. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The new head will come with the new trailer for him. I'm happy with the existing head, but I do appreciate their effort and thought put into this. It shows me that Fans hobby is genuinely trying to be at the top of their game in quality and customer satisfaction.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    I'm already getting the trailer for my Scourge, but do I really need a trailer for G2 Prime as well?

More than likely.:confused: 

• Like Like x 1
  5. IanAdams

IanAdams Secret Octopus

Really glad I like the existing head enough, because I sure don't want to shell out for a trailer. Not because it's not cool, but because my display just has no room for trailers. Either way, I think it's fucking awesome that they're making it, and that they've been so responsive to fan feedback.

6. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm kind of in the same boat. I like my trucks to have trailers, but if I'm being honest I have my MP-10 and Platinum Edition MP-10's trailers put away and most of the time those toys are in bot mode.

I think I'm in for Archenemy, because I have more attachment to Scourge from watching the cartoon, but I'll probably skip Gunfighter's.

7. Sportimus

News Credits:
    I FINALLY got my copy of Gunfighter II, and this thing has EXCEEDED my expectations! This guy feels rock solid and is pure eye candy. There isn't much to say other than he's just pure AWESOME! I kind of like him more than MP-10, and I'm a G1 guy! Fans Hobby didn't try anything crazy here, they just gave us an updated MP-worthy G2 Optimus Prime that has lots of character and excellent quality all over it. I am VERY happy with this one! Well done, Fans Hobby. Well done! :)  Going to open up Flypro next...

• Like Like x 4
  8. Robogeek28

News Credits:
    Glad you like him. :) 

You gonna get his trailer?

9. Sportimus

News Credits:
    I want to get the trailer. Prime and Nemesis both need their death bases. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  10. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

Initially I had my doubts in getting this figure, since G2 Optimus Prime is one of my favorite Primes, it is an articulated figure but no doubt is a vintage figure.

I will get this updated version in order to see the evolution of the concept in time. It will look great with my G2.

11. John ofthe Dead

John ofthe Dead Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Sorry to bump an old-ish thread, but I just picked up this figure. I absolutely love it. It is a *fantastic* update to the old Laser Prime. I don't know if Fans Hobby is following this board, but if they are, I'd like to nominate Laser Ultra Magnus as another repaint option. Am I the only one who'd like to see that color scheme brought back?

Attached Files:

12. Rasmotron

Rasmotron Well-Known Member

Unforts,
    Does not contain the ONE thing that made the chug version of this toy great: the working electronics and in-hand sword light.
    If you are gonna give us a 3P product and have the gall to claim it should be among the "masterpiece" level toys on our shelves, you could at least take the time to engineer the gimmick the original toy was known for.
    Pfft.
    Hastak did it and that was on a THIRTY DOLLAR TOY!
    This simply is NOT "Laser" Optimus Prime...with no FRIKKIN' LAZORZ!

Pass.

13. Chrisola

Chrisola Solid crotch ratchet

Ebay:
    i caved and got one direct from Fans Hobby during their 11/11 sale...$105 / £80 shipped to UK. Mainly to go with heir G2 Tank Megatron which i hope they will do ! :p 

14. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anyone else have some major stress marks on the hand near the slot for the weapons to slide into? Fans Hobby uses this for all of their hands, but I'm wondering how well this will hold up over time?

15. Chaoticon

Chaoticon Well-Known Member

Don’t care for electronics, no thank you.

• Like Like x 2
  16. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC Schmuck

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    That laser gimmick could have prevented FH from giving their toy articulated hands and potentially more limited elbow and/or shoulder articulation (and also potentially cause an issue with the arm transformation) depending on where the activation switch were placed and what amount of wire they would need to place inside his arm. Alternatively they would have had to pull a maketoys and had a cable running from the base of the sword to a battery pack in his cab so perhaps they didn't want to do either of these things given the compromises the gimmick would likely bring with either method.

Not to mention the cost of this gimmick even if it were really well implemented could add anywhere from 15-20+ dollars to the price tag of the toy and in the cutthroat brutal business that is the 3p market every single cent you can keep off your price tag is another percentage of potential sales to be gained relative to your development costs. I sure as shit am pretty sick of spending soooo much on this hobby and will likely be buying very few mps next year precisely because of how crazy constant the releases have become.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Robogeek28

News Credits:
    Mine seems fine so far...

• Like Like x 2
  18. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. Robogeek28

News Credits:
    Getting antsy for this guy's trailer...

20. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After slotting in the sword once, it created a stress mark straight down the slot. :mad  Luckily, if the thin part of the slot ever breaks off he can hold the sword without the slot. Do the other fans hobby products have this problem? Other than the hand issue, this guy rocks! Love the paint, the loud solid ratchets and the wonderful heft.

IMG_20171203_125012575.jpg

• Like Like x 1