Minor/Repaint: Fanmade Shrapnel and Ironhide

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Terradives, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

Ok here's the deal I made a Shrapnel using beast wars insections body. The head was my own carving skills. The insecticon body was not repainted or dyed. It was recast. I would really like to hear some feedback on it because it was a lot of work, and I thought a cool idea. I did have to remove the spring because I couldn't find any but the modifications I made keeps it in bot modes really easily. One half of the weapon turned out too fat to fit in the shell so I glued them together since they weren't fitting together so well. I added some extra material to the resin too make it more resilient. It seems to have worked as I've dropped it twice and nothing has broken. It's still not as strong as a regular toy, but getting there...
    http://www.allspark.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=85007

Ironhide is a completely new toy except for the wheels. He comes with 4 weapons. A bazooka (because I love them) , 2 blasters a la transformers the movie, and a knife(kinda crappy but oh well). His upper vehicle shell transforms into a riot shield. I had originally intended on making his windshield transparent but has discovered air bubbles will prevent that. I am preparing the molds for that now .

http://www.allspark.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=85081

I would really appreciate feedback.

2. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    From the pics, I would not have known that the insecticon was not some sort of original figure, be it another line or another figure. I looks good. It sounds like it is plenty sturdy if you dropped it twice and it has kept together perfectly. That is better than Alt Prowl!

3. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

Well an arm popped off at the ball joint, but it didn't break the arm to be unusable. As for how I did it. I'm using epoxy as the molds and for this one alumilite, but I do have a working plastic injection machine, but controlling the temperature is hard to do. A lot of patience and time is also required.