Fanfic - where does it stand?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by canadianguy, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. canadianguy

canadianguy Active Member

Hi guys,

So I've been involved in online TF fandom in one capacity or another (mostly alt.toys.transformers, before it became something a bit different than I'm used to, as well as the TF: Lost Years MUSH) since late 1994, and it really seems like things have changed in a broad sense. Is that me being weird, or would others be inclined to agree?

Do any fans do this sort of thing anymore, or am I sort of alone here? I hope not.

What is it about TF fanfic? I love it, but so much of it has changed in the last few years. Where is the Oakland FTP site located these days? It had a ton of awesome work on it - "Shelter from the Void", "Andraxus", "Assimilation", "Broken Down", "Broken Circut", the "TF Vs. Aliens" stuff and a few other great stories. Has the site moved? Where can I find these stories now? Does anyone read them anymore? Oh, and "Human Urges" is also great, too - is it finished? I've always wondered about that story. Are fanfic and fanzines a big thing in the TF fandom now? I haven't seen much evidence of that being the case, so I'm curious. I dug out a bunch of old fanzines from my closet this morning - "Maelstrom" and "The Survivors" and some old "Con-Quest", too - what's up with all of this?

Lastly...what's with ATTCM? Is it gone for good? How could one potentially set about reversing that problem?

Thanks, guys. I would love to reconnect with people who know what I'm talking about - or not - really, just any affirmation that I'm not out to left field on this stuff would be great. I appreciate your help!

Cheers,

Joseph

2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    There's a fanfic forum here on the boards with some pretty cool stories in it. I wrote some fan fics a few years back...not the best pieces of writing ever but it was fun at the time. I do enjoy reading them from time to time.

3. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.