Fanfic Guidance

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Robot Pimp, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Robot Pimp

Robot Pimp Active Member

Evening all, I'm a newbie to the site and I'm looking for a little guidance. I found this site while trying to see more of Transformers 2.0 (great story), and what I'm found is that there are a ton of fics here. I'm a big G1 fan and I was wanting some advice/guidance as to where to go next. 2.0 is unbelievable and has really peaked my interest in transformers all over again and I am hoping to find some more great stories, so if any of you don't mind, please point me in the right direction.

Pimpin' Ain't Easy

2. Hakudoushi

Hakudoushi Well-Known Member

Kickback's fics are great, they'd be ever better if he ever finished one! :throw 

*jab jab poke poke*

Jetplague's G1 fic is also a must read.

I've done a few, but they never seem to be really popular...:drunk 

3. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

If you like season 3 stuff you could read mine. Just follow the sig link.

4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    There used to be a site called FanFormers I posted my first fic at, but I don't think it's around anymore...I'll have to search around after I get off work.

5. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

Thanks for the comments.

Anyway, Lexicon (www.transformersfanfic.com) is the what I would consider to be the biggest TF fanfic site on the web. I could be wrong, but if it's not THE biggest, it's pretty damn close.

Most TF chatboards have their fanfic sections, of the ones I frequent I would have to say this one gets the most traffic. Again, I could be wrong.

6. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Most of what everybody has said is very good suggestions. I have a story called Retribution, no real G1 characters, but it's a different spin on G1 using my own characters.

7. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Yes, read Alphie's stuff it's good.

Here's the web addres for her story:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=88822

And just in case my sig isn't working, the address for my story called How Can I Say I'm Sorry? is:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=92260

If you want a cool story about the transition from G1 to BW try Vangelus's Passion.

Fanfiction.net also has a lot of good Transformers fanfic as well. Some of my favorite G1 authors there include Mariashadow, Tirya King, MacX, Super Chocolate Bear, and Purple Aussie.

8. jet convoy

jet convoy Beast Wars Forever!!!

alphie's is definately cool. And I have to check Vangelus since I'm writing a fanfic which centers around the BW cast while they were in Cybertron, before starting the BW: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=103008

Man, we have no problem with shameless plugs, do we?

:lol 

9. Robot Pimp

Robot Pimp Active Member

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input. I can't wait to get started on all of the fics you recommended. I have one of my own I'm working on but it's still in the development stages. It is a totally different spin on TF origins, no Primus, no Unicron, and no Cybertron, be on the lookout for the first installment within the next week.

It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp