Fan2fan updates - THS-02 in color, BWR in packaging

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tekkaman Blade, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
  2. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    white chromia/minelba is awesome, ths02 convoy alt mode looks better here.

3. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

oooh. finally coloured convoy. i wonder if this will change onyones opinions of it?

4. j3

j3 Kiefer is my Big Boss TFW2005 Supporter

the BWReturns box is nice, the changes are great (wish they had added a hand to Megs though)

THS02 in color though.... OW. Looking f-ing sweet.

The GF cover art continues to amaze.

Great stuff all 'round!

5. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

THS02 Looks nice but I don't think I'll get one.

But that Beast Megatron head sculpt, just wow...

6. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Prime looks HOT. Though the inside of the trailer could use a little color. Minelba's spiffy too, might go after that one.

7. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Yup, that's one angry looking gorilla.

I'm fairly excited about this one... hope there are more on the way.

8. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

I don't know, seeing THS-02 in color actually makes me like it LESS. Something about it magnifies the flaws I was already aware of in the mold but was willing to overlook and makes them seem worse.

That Beast Wars set is hot though.

9. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

it's almost like mini-me mp prime. I'm soooo getting that. it appears it comes with a stand to make him look like he's flying with the jet pack. the only thing I don't like are the spaces in the front of the cab where the arms are in vehicle mode, but I still think the robot masters version looked worse.

10. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I agree. The gray testshots were growing on me, but something about the color just emphasizes how fat and small-headed he is. And the alt mode still sucks. Not worth $50.

Those Brave MPs are looking very cool.

11. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Holy split opinions Batman! I for one love THS Convoy! It looks freakin' sweet. And I was always planning on skipping the Beast Wars set but man are those pics tempting me... The head sculpts and even the painted eyes in animal mode really make them shine.

12. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nope, my opinion is still the same.
    I still like it.

13. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

I still think it is slightly a truck.

14. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Loving the BWR remolds. Very nice, the head sculpts on both of those figures kick something fearce! Megatron's grin is just wicked! Not sure I'm keen on the "angry" gorilla face though... and would it have killed them to have given Megatron an actual hand with a removable tail if they were doing remolds to the figure anyways? Still an awesome set though glad I've got it preordered.

Looking at those colored pics of THS-02 did change my opinion of it... enough that I just cancelled my preorder. Looking at the gray pics before... I never noticed half the flaws some kept talking about, but... damn... yeah, with the paint scheme on there he looks too fat and definently feeling the shrunken head syndrom! Still, the backpack is cool, but I can't justify paying $50 for him at the moment even if I were going to overlook his "flaws". Besides, I think the "Neo G1" line will give us something infinently cooler. Just like how everyone who was at Botcon keeps saying that the BW 10th versions of Primal and Megs are going to be infinently better than what Takara is giving us. :thumbs2: 

As far as White Chromia... damn I hope Hasbro gives us something like that! It's freakin' sweet! Not to mention I don't want to try and track one of the Japanese versions down... they tend to get expensive due to their limited quantity. Definently want one of those though. :D 

15. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

THS, nice reimagining of an old mold, some excelent engineering, but now that it is painted, its just another Convoy to me.
    I wish I could appreciate it for all the hard work and skill that has gone into it. Love the Jetpack though.

16. ssjautobot

ssjautobot Banned

News Credits:
    not sure if anyone noticed, but on the THS Convoy, you can actually put convoy's fingers into the finger holes for the matrix.

17. Galvatron Prime

Galvatron Prime The Real Galvatron Prime TFW2005 Supporter

All of those look sweet. I'll have to pass on the new Convoy in order to get the BWR set. That Megatron looks very nice. I love the addition of the Pred symbol on his forehead. Not too bothered by Megatron's lack of left hand. With all the other stuff done to him I can live with it no problem.

Primal looks awesome beyond reason. I always loved that mold, even when it first came out way back when, but now that it is show accurate I love it even more. The gorilla face looks sweet, even if it looks angry and the robot face looks even better. The gorilla face won't be an issue anyways as he will be in robot mode not beast mode for me.

I like the paint apps on both and the remold of Primal's chest plat. The detail on both is great. And the box is a good finishing touch, although now it will make it harder for me to want to open him, but I'd be willing to bet I will :D 

18. shin03

shin03 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    considering that they gave us the red version of Excillion, I'm sure the white version of chromia would make it to the US. The name is Minerva in Japanese Kana, they use the same symbols for R and V to make L and B sounds respectively.

Is far as the new Convoy goes, I think it's pretty nice, but I'll wait and see what comes from this neo G1 line before i buy it. Might just be the same mold.

19. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    'Bot mode looks great. Alt mode....not so great. It's a fantastic figure to be sure, but I would like to see a G1 Convoy go for a convincing alt mode and make a sacrifice or two on 'bot mode instead.

But needless to say, I will be getting this guy. Miles better than Robot Masters Convoy.

20. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

BWR is awesome. Really, really truly great. Nigh completely show accurate versions? Awesome. If they could include a clip on hand for megs and do something with Primal's launchers I'd have had Takara's babies, but they're as good as they can plausibly be.

Still really liking THS-02 Convoy. Sure, his alt mode isn't quite at the same level as G1 Op and MP Convoy. But he's tiny. And for the size he is, it's a heck of a lot better than most of the trucks in Transformers history. Bit of a shame the inside of the trailer looks so bare though.

Phazer