Fan2Fan Updates 9/1/06...

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Nevermore, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Hook

Hook The real Constructicon leader Veteran

News Credits:
    Please explain to me how Takara fails. Just because you find Starscream to be too short doesn't mean that Takara has failed.

2. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I for one am glad Starscream is short. I don't want him to be towering over Shockwave and Nemesis Prime.

3. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Autorooper's box art is waaay creepy, man! I can't dig it.

4. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

So what scale is SS? Is he scaled at all?

5. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

I think someone once said he might be 1/72 scale, but I could be wrong. I agree that he looks a little bit disappointingly small, but I still can't wait to get him.

6. RobotoChan

RobotoChan Nothing to see here

News Credits:
    Starscream is looking a bit too small to justify the pricetag sadly. A few more inches and I would have been more inclined to part ways with my hard earned green.

Atari-chan looks more than a little disturbing on the boxart. The others have been a slightly risque but this one looks a like she is being abused, as stevey maximus mentioned earlier. There is something creepy about that boxart which I really can't get my head around.

7. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

I'm thinking 1/60 bu it very well COULD be 1/72 as well.

8. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Man SS is a little smaller then I imagined him being next to prime. Oh well. I am still going to pick him up.

9. Kristof

Kristof Well-Known Member

He should be at least the same height as a 1/48 scale Valk in my opinion, as it is now he is barely the size of an Ultralight aircraft in comparison to the Alternators.

10. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

Alright, gimme my MP Starscream NOW !!!

And those Kiss player things are getting more disgusting with each one that gets released.

11. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In the cartoon and comics all regular Transformers were the same average size in both vehicle AND robot mode, so scale doesn't really matter to me. It would be nice if SS was a bit taller just for that reason though. He doesn't pose well with prime.

Still looks like one of the greatest Transformers ever.

On the other hand, for an official product that Prime trailer is the worst thing ever.

12. Deadboy

Deadboy Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if Hasbro is planning on releasing Starscream? And if nothing's been announced, what are the chances? I really like MP Starscream and want to get one but at that price it's just a bit too expensive for me.

13. SocrManiac

SocrManiac TFW2005 Supporter

Would Hasbro have to neuter this one to release it? Shorten the null rays, perhaps?

Oh, and to make it official, add ridiculous "battle damage" as well.

14. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    To me, he looks scaled for use with Alternators. After all, all of you remember those "deluxe Alternator" rumors that've been flying for the past couple years?

Maybe Starscream will be part of THAT assortment along with the tank Megatron that we saw a color sheet of

15. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Plus the frontpage article links to this thread.

16. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    Man am I disappointed. Looking at those comparison pics and then looking at my Prime and BTs/Alts, I would say that MP SS is virtually the same size as Nemesis Prime, but not as bulky. I love the gimmicks on SS, but the size, the colors, the removal of the Decepticon emblems and the kibble on the new mold are big disappointments.

17. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    The new "darker red" SS is almost certainly a "new" prototype at a later stage of development. It first showed up at Chara Hobby. In addition to the deep red, it looks to be molded grey plastic (look at the thighs--there's sprue scars), rather than painted resin. Also, all the markings are actually printed on, not decals. And there's no tail makrings at all, and no purple insignia anywhere. This is not the one we've been seeing the past few months. The other one WAS pink. This is a different one that's actually red. (though now it's on the other end of the scale--it's brick red/burgundy)

And if anyone wants a real-life Alternator scale comparison etc, here's a fairly famous pic:

[​IMG]

Yes it's an F-14 (slightly larger than a F-15) and Corvettes are fairly small, but it's not all that often you find good shots of fighters and cars together.

18. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I have no problem with SS's size. He'd eat up shelp space faster than Unicron with those wings of his if he were the same height as Prime. Plus, he can interact with the Alts now, and there's a lot more Alts than MPs to interact with.

And good God, why is Atari's box art so offensive? The actual doll isn't nearly that creepy. Why did they have to put a "Please don't rape me" expression on her box art face?

19. Drive-By

Drive-By Eschew Obfuscation...

I apologize but your incorrect.

The F-14 and the F-15 are nearly the same size due to the fact that they were both based off a base design and modified for both the Navy and the Airforce.

The F-14 is 62 feet 7 Inches and the F 15 is 63 feet 8 Inches. So in actuallity the F-15 is the "slightly" larger of the craft.

History channel for the win. :) 

20. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    And for everybody complaining about price vs size... This is a complicated toy, and Price and size don't always go together.

Look at Soul of Chogokin for example: Pretty much the size of a deluxe and you can pay around $80 for many of those.

Most of the time you get what you pay for. I look at MP SS and I see $100 worth of engineering, sculpting, and movable parts.