Fan vs. Scalper encounters

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by vbann, Nov 8, 2009.

1. vbann

vbann Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So Im out hunting walmarts for MP skywarp. Search 4 walmarts and find nothing, so I decide to call the 5th. The employee working in toys said he just put out all 15 of their stock on the skywarp figure(Shocked he knew what I was talking about). Since I know theire 15 on shelf I decide to go and buy the next day. I arrive at wallmart last night and I see 0 on shelf...even though I see the UPC label at ist shelf spot. Luck for me the same guy was working and he said some asian guy just came in and bought them all. There was another guy looking for the same fig I was. At this point im VERY pissed so I decide to take a stroll in sporting goods, and as if the heavens themselves were on my side...I see the prick with ALL 15 skywarps in his basket over at electronics. So I sorta stalk him for about 5 mins as he goes to the food section. Now this guy had to be some kinda scalping noob because he had 2 annoying kids with him..So im hoping/praying that his kids do something stupid. One of the kids gets outa his sight and opens a 2 liter pepsi (LMAO) and the guy goes after him. At this point hes about 20 ft from his basket...so I decide to take the basket and race all the way to the lawn/garden section and hide it. The employee stocking there thought I was trying to run out the store so I told her the situation and she completely agreed(she was a real nice lady)...lol she even took most of the remaning skywarps and put them back in stock room, but left only a few for shelf. Of course after I got mine i gave one to the other guy who was still looking in toys and told him "I got that sucka". TAKE THAT YOU SCALPING PRICK!

Tell about your scalper encounters...

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    ran into one when the first TRU reissues came out. grabbed my reissue hot rod right out of the guy's cart and went to pay for it. wasnt sneaky about it at all. just walked up and took it. he had tons of magnuses and hot rods. I don't feel bad about it at all. felt great walking out of the store with it.

3. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    *high-five*

4. billcosby

billcosby Geewin

News Credits:
    Good story mate!

5. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    awesome!!!

6. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Cool story bro.

7. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

nice work vbann! kudos to you!

8. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    15 Skywarps fit in one cart without falling out left and right?

9. Tm Tarantulas

Tm Tarantulas Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    thats badass..

u should of given him at least one.

one was prolly for the kids man

not there fault their parents a dick

10. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    awsome.

11. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    :lol  Great Job Vbann! :thumbs2: 

That's right you Scalping-Scum! It's "No Soup for You!" :D 

[​IMG]

12. billcosby

billcosby Geewin

News Credits:
    I was telling my (Japanese) wife about the ROTF Twins ice cream truck scalping thing we had up here in Canada in the summer. She seemed surprised that retailers would even let people clear out the shelves of all one item, suggesting limits imposed in other countries.

It's unfair... but I guess it's all part of capitalism. Right? I dunno. On collectible toys, maybe a two same-item limit is a good idea... but if they ever put out Classics Sweeps or Sharkticons I'd be temped to fill up a basket of those, too.

13. vbann

vbann Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    naa I wanted him to suffer. I generally dont have problems with scalpers as long as they dont get greedy and take EVERY fig on shelf...but this was just ridiculous he had ALL 15! I mean I had no idea what he was doin lookin for food(neither did I care I just wanted what I came for) with a fully loaded cart of skywarps

14. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Some stores do that. I know Target marks certain toys as "collectibles" during Christmas season, and only lets you buy a maximum of two of the same toy at a time.

15. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i want to run into a scalper one day, and if it ends up when i am going after mp skywarp, then hell it is battle time

16. Travicon

Travicon Nerdbot

maybe it was some of santas elfs stocking up so we can all get one for free on christmas and the scalpers get coal.

infact im pretty sure thats what it was...

17. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

How... do you know he was a scalper?

I'm just asking because a lot of the time, us collectors up here in the Seattle area will take cases worth of new merchandise to distribute among fellow collectors. As a way to deter from scalpers getting to them first.

Just saying. We know our local scalpers up here by name, ebay handle, you name it. And aside from having a cart full of Skywarps, you really have no proof he's a scalper.

18. Vizer

Vizer Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I started collecting during the '07 movie, and I still remember one of my first TF experiences was seeing two men with about 30 Concept Camaro Bumblebees (slight exaggeration, but not by much). Being a TF noob, I was really only after Leader Prime and didn't care all that much about BB. Now that I am more into TF's, it bothers me more.

19. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

If that's true, I'm sure we can look for the "someone stole my basket of Skywarps for you guys while I was shopping" thread. I highly doubt we'll see that, however.

20. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Plus I would think collectors would leave some on the shelves for other people to have a chance at getting an MP Skywarp.