Fan Art: Fan Fic Idea: Beast Wars Future

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by evilratbat, Jun 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admiral Lilwall

Admiral Lilwall Lilwall Leader

i was checking out the future beasts website and they have a spitfire bird as well as a spitfire beetle, i ddin't see one in the character list so i'm gonna take a stab at one of them :) 

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Guys, be sure to check out how we did the Transformers: Mosaic project in the Radicons Fan Art Gallery as well as other such works. I know we definitely could end up making a gallery of it here very well. As for actual printing, as long as the cost can be covered some way, I don't see why it couldn't happen.

As far as toys go, I think it would be cool to get some of the kitbashers in on this eventually as well. However, I would like to keep the focus on the production of the character designs as well as the story for now. To forward think just a little bit, I do think it would be very helpful to create character sheets, must like the MtMtE sourcebook. I think this would be a really good direction to go right now for the characters and designs that are nailed down right now. While this is being done, the other designs can be finalized. This way, at least a sourcebook can be created (we can create a gallery for this as well :wink: ).

Anyways, I do want to convey to all of you guys that the sky is the absolute limit (aside from resources such as funding, but there are ways to solve that as well). I want the Illustrators to make this project be what you want it to be. Take my posts as suggestions and creative input from someone who wants things to succeed and be the best you guys can make it :thumb 

BW really isn't my cup of tea, but I have been thinking about jumping in at some point to contribute some sort of artwork myself, just for kicks. I think it could be a lot of fun :) 

3. jazz_00

jazz_00 legen wait 4 it dary

by all means Supersquad contribute if you have any artwork, it's always great to see another artist take on one of designs in a completely new style. i myself have got all my previous designs saved in a folder and in the precess of redrawing them to fit my work style into it. ( dark and sinister, the joys of being a tattooist.) as well as drawing proper character sheets which will show facial expressions and a front and back view. ive already started dinobot (for lack of a better name) and hope to have him finished ASAP as well as my twin maximal concepts.

And Admiral there is a spitfire beetle concept in here, but no spitfire bird, so feel free to work on the latter..

-jazz_00

4. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Ok, just a brief update:

I've went through this entire thread and now have a saved copy of each image posted, so this means that the phase of preserving the previous artwork has begun. It'd really help for those who posted (if you're still around) to reattach your image.

I'd think the immediate next steps are for those who have active designs to hash out, to finish those and to complete the designs of the rest. This thread was obviously just bumped a few days ago, so let's give some of the former artists some time to catch back up and such. I'd propose two things in response: either new artists design some of the designs of those lost pieces, or new characters created in their place

Again, those are just my observations and suggestions. I'll be around in this thread doing a few more things. If I can be of any specific help, don't hesitate to ask myself or another Radicons Staff member :) 

5. Superquad7

News Credits:
    That sounds good. It's also good to know that we have two copies of the backup illustrations as well :) 

I'll see what I can do with some illustrations at some point. As for supersquads, it looks like he got you! If he makes any artwork will remain to be seen though, I suppose :thumb 

6. jazz_00

well i thought id post a teaser image of a lined dinotbot. or cryptobot as im calling him for now. so far its uncoloured and no background which ill add via photoshop.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    I have everything I've drawn for this project saved on my personal computer, as well as anything anyone else has done related to any characters that I have designed, such as Jazz_00's Ramhorn VS Silverbolt picture, or Rodentus' Prime renders of Spinkadacon.

When I get home from work tonight, and in the following days, I will gather everything that I've got and repost it in an organized format, per character, to be mirrored in the Fan Art forum.

And Jazz, that picture looks sexy! As always, I'm looking forward to more. :) 

- Alty

8. jazz_00

attached. sorry about that lol. my bad

9. Superquad7

News Credits:
    What we need to do is start a new thread here, in Radicons General Discussion. You had asked about a thread for your work, which is fine. A thread for a group project (where many are discussing and contributing) needs to be posted in here.

I'm really glad to hear that I'm not the only one who's backed up everything. I just did so a few hours ago, whereas you guys have had it all this time . . . . :lol  *sigh* :)  I'll be around tonight as well to help out :thumb 

10. jazz_00

on that note ive contacted darksage and politely requested that he send me all his original designs since there no longer visible, and ill re-post them as attachments once ive got them.

-Jazz_00

11. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

Okay, so I'm trying to catch up in the thread here, so I'll re-post my few drawings/colorings attached. I don't know if we want to use any on my stuff, I look back on it already and can see they're pretty bad. haha but here they are. I definately want to contribute, if anybody needs anything colored I'd be down, I could use the practice again.

thanks to Superquad for giving me the link for this thread again.

Oh, and is the list of chracters/alt. modes in the first post still accurate?

Attached Files:

12. jazz_00

we have an update list about 2 pages back cryo if u wanna go and have a look. and welcome back!

-jazz_00

13. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

cool thanks, just finished reading up on what I had missed, so I think we could get character design pages done on the characters that are solidified. So we can get a clear view of alt. mode, and robot mode, and maybe any special features, like weapons and such, I can color anything if we want to have one person draw all of them in one cohesive style... if that's how we want to do it. That way we already have designs for everyone to look at, and we could compile them into a mtmte guidebook of sorts later. I dunno' just trying to generate ideas. let me know what you think.

14. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Fixed :thumb 

15. jazz_00

thanx for that supersquad. and Cryo i recommend that you save the list for future referance as i and im pretty sure alty have done.BTW if your feeling up for it you can give my recent dinobot some colour even though im working on him atm.

-Jazz_00

16. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

Good idea, I've got the list saved. Okay, I'll play with some colors for him today, I have a huge break in between classes today, my schedule is wonky this semester.

17. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Ut oh! supersquads got you twice! :lol 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.