2D Artwork: Fan Comic: Beast Wars Evolution

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by MythofBlackout, Mar 29, 2009.

1. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout TF Fan Artist

News Credits:
    So, I've been working on this fan comic for the last three months with the intention of making it my final BFA gallery show project. That means once it's complete I get to display it in a formal gallery setting.

Now, the whole thing is finally done and the show is set to open tomorrow night and I thought I'd share with my fellow Transfans since it is a Transformers comic.

The story is basically a variation on Beast Machines except it has been transported to Earth which has given me the opportunity to explore some themes about how our own technology has influenced our culture, changed our own biology, etc.

I've uploaded three sample images and the rest of the line art (I'm waiting until after the reception to post the finished pages) can be viewed via the links in my deviantart journal.

Small WARNING: one or two of the pages contain mild violence. I don't think it's anything that violates board rules but as a precaution I won't link directly to the images.

2. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

oh yessss, lets do this!

3. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Interesting designs. I like how its very different from whats been done. :thumb 

4. MythofBlackout

News Credits:
    I tried to differentiate the characters from their previous Beast Wars/Beast Machines incarnations (Optimus being a lion instead of a gorilla is probably the most striking example of this) and create a few new ones. I'm happy to know my efforts seemed to have paid off.

Thanks for the comments, guys.

5. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    A Lion? That Leo Prime's Beast Mode not Primal's.

6. MythofBlackout

News Credits:
    This is actually Optimus PRIME, not Primal. But yeah, I like the idea of a beast mode Optimus as a lion more than a gorilla.