Fan Art: Fan Character Dinobot Roll call

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by roadblaster, Dec 13, 2009.

1. roadblaster

roadblaster Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Once I have posted artwork for my Insecticons, seen here....
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...-profiles-some-fan-character-insecticons.html
    I shall begin to post my Fan Dinobots....there are currently 35 of them, plus the original 5, as well as 40 pretender dinosaurs (more about those at the time!!!)

Feel free to post your own characters here, and I may get round to doing MTMTE profiles for them, a name, alt mode dinosaur, short bio with any abilities/weaknesses and hopefully a motto would be nice.
    This won't be a commission....I'll do it for free if the character 'grabs' me

Here are mine to get us started....
    SCORCH, Quetzacoatlus, Bombardier. 'Decepticons burn as well as anything else'- bit of a pyromaniac
    SCREECH, Velociraptor, Frontline Assault. 'A quiet victory is a shallow victory'- makes up for his small size by being as loud as possible.
    SCYTHE, Therizinosaurus, Shocktrooper. 'Where there is fear, let there be hope. Where there is darkness, let there be light. Where there are Decepticons, let there be Dinobots.'- the dinobot's resident primus botherer.
    SHARD, Saurapelta, Communications. 'Get to the point'- tells it how it is.
    SHUNT, Styracosaurus, Commando. 'I always win on points'- big brute of a guy, loves goring opponents.
    SKULK, Parasauropholus, Scout. 'When I talk, no one listens, when I fight, no one survives.'- surly teenager.
    SLAM, Ankylosaurus, Demolitions. 'You hit me, I hit you, you hit the ground'- pound for pound the hardest puncher of the dinobots.
    SLASH, Carnotaurus, Warrior. 'The fate of the galaxy may rest upon the edge of your sword.'- samurai like swordsman.
    SLATHER, Dilophosaurus, Chemical Warfare. 'I've plenty of bad habits, but losing ain't one of them!'- Hoist hates him due to his poor personal hygiene
    SLICE, Icthyosaurus, Marine warfare. 'I suffer fools madly'- highly intelligent, can't see how some of his team mates are so stupid.
    SMIRK, Psittacosaurus, Warrior. 'You and who's army?'- least powerful of the dinos, but knows that no one will mess with him because of who he can call on for back up.
    SMITE, Pachycepholosaurus, Demolitions. 'Knock knock.....' loves to head butt things in either mode.
    SNIPE, Ceratosaurus, Gunner. 'Brute force and ignorance will never beat brute force and intelligence.'- a professional soldier who can't believe he's been drafted into this unit.
    SNORT, Kentosaurus, Warrior. The chain of command is only as strong as it's weakest link.'- Snarl's brother, thinks Grimlock should lead the Autobots.
    SPIKE, Iguanadon, Medic. 'Killing is easier when you know fixing' more of a patch up merchant thah someone like Ratchet.
    SPINE, Dimetredon, Engineer. 'Divide and conquer.' Loves to tinker with the teams weapons. has a chainsaw like frill on his back.
    SQUALL, Pliosaur, Marine warfare. 'The wetter the better'. Big bastard. ungainly on land, but deadly in the water.
    STORM, Ampelosaurus, Artillery. 'Boom and bust.' Has a big gun and loves to fire it.
    STRIFE, Irratator, Saboteur. 'Trouble isn't my middle name, it's my primary function'. one word-sneaky.
    SUNDER, Argentinosaurus, Fueller. 'I thunk derefore I is'. as stupid as they come. if tech specs came in fractions, his intelligence would be 1/2.

EDIT-even more of 'em!!!
    SACK, Spinosaurus, Warrior. motto and bio pending. Thanks to Constructasaur.
    SALVO, Liopleurodon, Undersea assault. 'Let your prey come to you, and slaughter them.' Thanks to Unfallen.
    SAURON, Nyctosaurus, Scout. motto and bio pending. Thanks to Constructasaur.
    SAVAGE, Podekosaurus, Military Intelligence. 'The only thing I won't cut are corners.' highly intelligent and professional, acts as a liaisson with autobot command
    SCALP, Stygmoloch, Demolitions. 'If you want to go head to head with me you've got no chance.' Smite's brother, always fighting each other.
    SCRATCH, Compsognathus, Reconnaissance. 'dangerous things come in small packages.' The 'Bumblebee' of the Dinobots, small and eager to show waht he can do.
    SCRIMMAGE, Placerias, Demolitions/Bomb Disposal. 'Been there, seen that, blew it up'. older, more experienced guy, the Kup of the Dinos.
    SCUD, Anhanguera, Bomber. 'There's a bomb up here with your name on it.' Bit of a nutter, really. a bit overeager when it comes to dropping bombs.
    SCUPPER, Mosasaurus, Deepsea Demolitions. no motto yet, Navy seal like, absolutely hates the Seacons.
    SHACKLE, Chasmosaurus, Heavy Infantry. no motto yet. uses a big burning chain to fight, Ghostrider style.
    SHIVER, Cryolophosaurus, Warrior. 'Keep a cool head.' frill on his dino head is kept at a constant -200degrees, used for head butting.
    SINGE, Longisquama, Incendiary Assault. no motto yet, Fire breather, and can heat his back spines to 700degrees.
    SLAB, Edmontonia, Demolitions. no motto yet, resistant to most gun fire, can use his spikes to gore opponents. possibly Canadian?
    SLAUGHTER, Tapejara, Hunter. motto and bio pending. Thanks to Constructasaur.
    SMASH, Amargasaurus, Interrogator. motto and bio pending. Thanks to Constructasaur.
    SORTIE, Rhamphorynchus, Air support. 'Kill to live, don't live to kill.' Not exactly a pacifist, but can't understand wht some of his comrades are so destructive
    SPLICE, Diplodocus/Pteradactyl hybrid, Infantry. 'Two wrongs don't make a right.' Based on a KO, corrupted datafiles used in his reformatting have made him this freak of nature. Hates himself.
    SPOOR, Baryonyx, Tracker. 'If you are looking for trouble, just follow your nose.' excellent sense of sight and smell make him an excellent tracker.
    STAGNANT, Sarcosuchus, Amphibious Assault. no motto yet. loves nothing more than sitting motionless in mud waiting for a 'con patrol to stumble by.
    STASH, Alxasaurus, Munitions/armourer. 'I don't believe in luck, but i do believe in bullets.' Has the unenviable task of giving the newer dino recruits firearms training. hates his job.

As you can see, I've maintained the 'S' name precedence laid down by G1.....and tried to only have one bot per dino type...I say tried-Storm and sunder are both Sludgesque, Slash and Snipe Grimlockian, Snort Snarly and Shunt Slaggish. They'll transform differently though!!!!

2. Constructasaur

Constructasaur Well-Known Member

Sabre, Sabretooth tiger, Surveillance
    Slaughter, Tapejara, Hunter
    Stomp, Woolly Mammoth, Strategis
    Smash, Amargasaurus, Interrogator
    Sack, Spinosaurus, Warrior
    Spook, Terrorbird, Warrior
    Sauron, Nyctosaurus, Scout
    Stroke, Archelon, Unit Commander

3. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    Sector 70 is running a Sweet 16-style tourney for their next challenge - one of which just so happens to involve Dinobots. I will be building one that is eerily similar to one of those you have listed here... perhaps a collaboration of sorts is in order? :) 

- Alty

4. roadblaster

Ebay:
    Sabre, Stomp, Spook and Stroke- will give them a miss as i want to go 'strictly dino'.
    Slaughter- I like the look of the tapejara, might give him a go.
    Smash- My Storm gut was originally an amargasaurus, so I might do him too.
    Sack- and Spine was a spinosaurus, so I might do him!
    Sauron- the Nyctosaurus loks crazy!! might so him as well!

any bios/mottos/transformation processes for them?? It will be a while until I get these guys done what with work and other projects.

5. Cybertronian

Cybertronian Well-Known Member

I only have one fantasy Dinobot.
    Since he was built as a part of a 2nd expansion to the Dinobot team, his personality and intelligence levels are more advanced than even Snarl and Swoop (thanks in part to new arrival to Earth, Perceptor). Despite his fellow Dinobots wanting to name his something like Slam or Slapper, upon activation, he chose the name Arman Kylo. His ankylosaurus mode's barbed tail proved very useful in both modes for smashing giant holes in heavily fortified obstacles -- like Devastator's mixing drum. His skill with an Energon axe is equally impressive.

At some point after a falling out with Grimlock, Arman Kylo volunteered to become part of Rodimus Prime's new combination unit designed to match the animal instincts and raw power of the Predacons. He now combines with his fellow Maximals into Savannius.

-- Cybertronian.
    P.S.: I can't decide where to put his rubsign -- on his back, or on his hind quarters (the upper half of his tail/mace).

Attached Files:

6. tf7

tf7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you spelled 'dimetrodon' wrongly.

also, i bet a lot of people won't know what these are. Aside from the common ones like carnotaurus, u have saurapelta and therizinosaurus thrown in there :) 

7. roadblaster

Ebay:
    Ok, point taken, and now the science part.............
    QUETZACOATLUS- big version of Swoop- no frill on it's head though.
    VELOCIRAPTOR-
    THERIZINOSAURUS- bipedal dino with large curved claws on it's 'hands'. originally used to pull branches down towards it, but i'll be taking the 'Wolverine' approach!!
    SAURAPELTA- an ankylosaurus with spikes instead of plates, and two larger spikes on it's shoulders
    STYRACOSAURUS- A bit like a triceratops, but with a larger, vertical frill with large spikes on it.
    PARASAUROPHOLUS,- duck billed bipedal dino with a curved crest at the back of the head.
    ANKYLOSAURUS-
    CARNOTAURUS- Small T-Rex type, with a small horn above each eye.
    DILOPHOSAURUS- the spitting one out of Jurassic Park
    ICTHYOSAURUS- pointy dino-fish!
    PSITTACOSAURUS- bipedal dino with armour plates on it's jowls
    PACHYCEPHOLOSAURUS- the one with the big armored dome on it's head used for head butting things
    CERATOSAURUS- small T-Rex type, basically a Carnotaurus, but with an extra horn on it's nose(like the original Overkill)
    KENTOSAURUS- a stegosaurus with large plates on its back and long spikes on it's tail, also has spikes on it's shoulder
    IGUANADON-
    DIMETRODON- low slung four legged dino, ith a frill spanning it's back and tail
    PLIOSAUR- big aquatic dino (Paddle's big brothers??)
    AMPELOSAURUS- small bronto type with armoured plates on it's front shoulders.
    IRRATATOR- larger raptor type, with a crocodile like head
    ARGENTINOSAURUS- big bronto type.

and the new ones..............
    SPINOSAURUS- the 'baddie dino' from Jurassic Park 3....
    NYCTOSAURUS- small flyer with a large vertical sail-like frill on it's head.
    STYGMOLOCH- like a pachycepholosaurus, but with spikes around it's head as well.
    COMPOSOGNATHUS- little bipedal dino, attacks in packs in one of the JP movies.
    ANHANGUERA- Pteradactyl like, with a big beak full of teeth.
    MOSASAURUS- like a big crocodile with flippers, basically.
    CHASMOSAURUS- Triceratops type, broad frill edged with small spikes. spikes on the jowls as well.
    CRYOLOPHOSAURUS- small T-rex like dino, decorative frill on the top of it's head.
    LONGISQUAMA- like the dimetredon, but with a row of single spines instead of one long 'sail'
    EDMONTONIA- like the saurapelta, but with forward swept spikes and no shoulder spikes.
    TAPEJARA- another flyer, this time with a short beak and a vertical frill on the head.
    AMARGASAURUS- another bronto-type. spikes run down it's neck.
    BARYONYX- an Irritator, but without the bumps on its snout.
    SARCOSUCHUS- a big angry looking dino-croc with a snout that widens at the end.

8. roadblaster

Ebay:
    nice....I came across these while I was researching the dinos......maybe you could use them for inspiration??

The first is a bcakground character from one of the G1 episodes, basically Snarl in Hot rod Colours...
    Second up is a printing error from the Marvel comic.....Grimlock , Slag and Swoop are in there so there's another one for your Swoops!!

Attached Files:

9. Constructasaur

As mentioned. Plus a strange grimlock.

Attached Files:

10. Constructasaur

Here is Splice

Attached Files:

11. roadblaster

Ebay:
    Those are incredibly creepy looking!! they look more like Decepticons than Autobots. Prehistoricons???

12. roadblaster

Ebay:
    Looking good.

Where the hell did you get that hooked horror thing!! It's giving me the shits just looking at it! I do think a bot called Ravenous would have a massive mouth though. To me he looks like he could be called Sickle. Unless the name is a pun on Raven, the black carrion eating bird, then it's perfect.

13. RandyB2277

RandyB2277 Well-Known Member

interesting idea, but I think you should use my character art work as a starting point

14. Constructasaur

Randy your artwork is better, it takes longer to recolour. So iv used these to show my basic idea

15. -Mainframe-

-Mainframe- Well-Known Member

A Dinobot army! With drones?

I'd change the name "snatch" to something else. :p 

16. roadblaster

Ebay:
    I've updated my original post to include 15 new dinobots, including 4 of Constructosaur's guys and one based a sludge/swoop KO that he was kind enough to bring to my attention....that now gives us 40 of the bastards!

here's a 'teaser' image......Tarpit is another fan character of mine, a silver monster truck jeep who was originally a stuffy archeologist but has been 'drafted' into the decepticons by Megatron to study the Dinobots in the hope that they can be replicated/defeated.

Attached Files:

17. Constructasaur

im loving the insecticons, and really cant wait for this!!!!!!!!!! Does Tarpit need any assistants? For some reason I came up With Bones and Shovel

18. Unfall

Unfall Shattered Glass

Might I suggest Surge?

SURGE, Liopleurodon, Underwater Assault, "Let your prey come to you, then slaughter them" a giant even among the Dinobots and is often pitted against Piranacon.

19. roadblaster

Ebay:
    I like it.....There is however already a Surge and I'm trying not to use existing names (I'm pretty well clued up on G1 but I may have inadvertently used some names from Beast wars, Energon etc.)

Surge (1990) - Autobot Long Range Defense - www.tfu.info

Sorry, Any other names for him???

20. Unfall

Unfall Shattered Glass

How about Shipwreck?