Fan Art: Fan Chara art thread?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by TM2 Dinobot, Sep 18, 2006.

1. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot i CrEePy YoU oUt!!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fan Chara art thread!

I know that many people overlap boards, so I'm sure a lot of you know the allspark fancharacter refrence thread. I was just wondering if there was one here where people have (or could if this turns out to start one :p  ) posted art and bios of their characters. I like doing kitbashes and am constantly looking for inspiration and tributes to characters I enjoy. So, if there is one, point me to it! If not, post away because I want mes some new fan characters!

Thanks. :thumb 

EDIT: w00t! So I guess this thread is kicked off. Here's the deal. Post art of your character w/alt modes if you got them, then their bio describing them. This allows other artists to see them, writers to read their personalities, and kitbashers refrence pics for toys. (unless you're using pics of toys :p  )

As I said. I know there's a tread liek this at AS, and i think one at Seibertron or Tfans. Who cares, this is for here! I'll throw in some kickin MTMTE pages Ursa Magnus was kind enough to throw together for me.

Attached Files:

2. Rattrap587

Rattrap587 Maximal Ground Operations

Ebay:
    I have some...

This guy is called BLUEBUS...
    [​IMG]

Bye!

3. Ger_Hankey

Ger_Hankey Now hiring evil minions

Heres one I did a while ago called Jacknife...

Attached Files:

4. Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander Master of tactics TFW2005 Supporter

dude awsome stuff cant wait to see more people post their characters

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    SPEARHEAD (Autobot)
    First appearance - Transformers: Redemption Episode One
    [​IMG]
    Function: Commando
    MOTTO: "Forget tomorrow, fight for today."
    Profile:
    Spearhead is generally ackowledged to be the Autobot with the 2nd most confirmed Decepticon kills during the course of the Great War (the first being the Dinobot Grimlock, with whom Spearhead has a friendly rivalry). He is a relentless, remorseless killing machine, and he throws himself into every battle with the fervour of a true fanatic.
    However.
    The reason Spearhead posesses this near-suicidal abandon in combat is because he is terrified of what he would do if the war ended. Having been created during the war, Spearhead has no concept of a Cybertron without warfare. Consequently, he has no idea what he would do in peacetime, and the thought terrifies him. he reasons that if he can die in combat, his existence will have more meaning than surviving and simply fading away. Therefore he literally doesn't care if he lives or dies. But that doesn't mean he intends to die easily; All Decepticons except the most hardened are warned not to approach him if they want to leave with their cranial units still attached to their bodies.
    Abilities:
    Spearhead Transforms into a tracked assault vehicle with a top speed of 240KPH. He is an excellent driver. In his robot mode he wields 2 energo sabers and 2 lower arm mounted missile launchers. He is an exceptionally skilled combatant, proficient in the use of most handheld weapons systems.
    His neural systems are configured in a way that makes him capable of shutting off the pain receptors to various parts of his body; he can literally ignore pain, to an extent.
    Weaknesses:
    Spearhead's reckless aproach to combat often lands him in situations that he can't get out of alone. Also, due to his ability to shut off pain, he often takes more damage than he can handle, not realising that he's in grave danger (for example, he was once dragged out of combat after losing both legs).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
  7. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    I have a few that I had commissioned.

The first is a mini-bot by the name of Beltline. He was an experiment of Shockwave's who wanted to see if a bot that small could carry massive firepower.

[​IMG]

This was done by dezaras6. The patch is really suppose to look like this (done by Motor_Master):

[​IMG]

It's Shockwave's symbol. Basically it's attached to the bot's skeletal structure. It symbolizes how he wants the Autobot, his experiment to slowly morph into a Decepticon. It cannot be removed.

And here is one that Draven did. Don't have a regular picture of him though. :( 

This is the leader of the Outcast team named Sonicblaze. The blue wave is his energon wave attack, kind of like an EMP. He use to be able to control it, unfortunately he was captured and experimented on by Shockwave. And now he can't control it and during high stress situations it could go off.

[​IMG]

8. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Cool thread. I like the profile book idea. ^^

9. zailand

zailand Well-Known Member

those characters n da profiles r cool. Cool thread TM2 Dinobot!!

10. TM2 Dinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks! Keep it up guy! I like seeing fan charas I've never seen before. :D 

Here's some more from me, along with more Spectrawave pics.

Name: Verticon
    Faction: Decepticon
    Function: Field Medic
    Motto: “This is really going to hurt!”

Bio: Driven by the need to inflict pain just as much as to save lives, Verticon is a true Decepticon. She will do any thing in her power to save a dying life, friend or foe, only to torment them when they recover. She especially gets a kick out of torturing other bots through sexual perversion. When not at work, she has no morals to speak of. She will say anything if it will hurt or get a rise out of some one. She once even berated Starscream while operating on him. She would not be alive had she not already taken Starscream’s Null Rays offline, which shows her high intelligence levels. While operating however, she becomes totally different. She will take any risk to save a life, even going so far as to link to the patient to share power and keep them alive. Her skill as a battle field medic is unquestionable. If she is operating on some one, chances are they will live. But the scars won’t heal.

Weapons and Abilities: Verticon is good with a laser cutter, whether she is cutting out shrapnel or cutting off a nose. In cassette mode she does possess the ability to record hours of medical data, but she usually fills it up with the screams of her victims and/or patients. She transforms to link with Dialatius to form an energy operating table, hover gurney and recharge station.

Weaknesses: As a Cassettacon she has below average strength. She often puts herself in sever danger in order to save a life.

[​IMG]

Name: Dialatius
    Faction: Decepticon
    Function: Field Medic
    Motto: “I didn’t ask for this war. It asked for me.”

Bio: Dialatius was a Con that wanted nothing to do with a war that had nothing to do with him. Until the night that Verticon showed up. She and several other Decepticon Raiders held him hostage for weeks, and during that time, Verticon repeatedly tortured and raped him. When they were satisfied that he was thoroughly scared in the head, they let Dialatius go. But they had changed him, in ways that not even Dialatius could foresee. He was enamored with Verticon, who had been the bane of his existence and tormenter for months. He fallowed her every where. He even joined the Raiders to be with her. On every mission, he was right beside her. After she threw him out of an airlock a few times, Dialatius got the idea that she did not reciprocate his feelings. But they had formed an odd friendship, and he became a medical assistant, along side Verticon and Spectrawave.

Weapons and Abilities: Dialatius transforms into a cassette tape and records interesting medical exploits from many cultures across the universe. He also combines with Verticon to form a energy operating table, hover gurney and recharge station. While not a powerful fighter, his knowledge is irreplaceable in a medic station

Weaknesses: Dialatius suffers from sever nightmares when recharging for long periods of time. Even though he doesn’t show it, Verticon’s torturing and constant berating have left sever emotional scars. Physically he has average strength for a Cassettacon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. GrungeWerX

GrungeWerX Well-Known Member

GWX's Fan Characters

I'll post up profiles later. But here you go:

Sidestreet and Jaxxor Prime:

[​IMG]

Burnout:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trickshift:

[​IMG]

Stormwing:

[​IMG]

Jaxxor Prime:

[​IMG]

Jaxxor Prime alt mode:

[​IMG]

Magnatron:

[​IMG]

Magnatron alt mode:

[​IMG]

12. Halo

Halo Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I have these....

-Halo-
    [​IMG]
    This here is actually "Halo" herself in full robot mode. "Halo" matched a femme-bot better then the better known male robots and also ended up looking better as well. "Halo" is armed with a "double-barrel" laser gun rifle and can penetrate through any metal at close range. A master in archery and invisibility, "Halo" is one tough femme-bot not to mess with. Not very excelled in hand-to-hand combat, she uses her sniper rifle that sits on her back, to take out enemies from afar. Halo prefers her battlerifle in close combat, yet, her electro-magnetic bow and arrow make for a clean and quite get-away. "Halo" means, "A circular band of colored light around a light source, as around the sun or moon, caused by the refraction and reflection of light by ice particles suspended in the intervening atmosphere."

-Penumbra-
    [​IMG]
    Here is "Penumbra", meaning "A partial shadow, as in an eclipse, between regions of complete shadow and complete illumination," actually is pretty much the opposite of "Halo". He matched the description better in design and name as the older brother of "Halo" as well as protector. After losing both of their parents "Eclipse" and "Stratus" he vowed to protect his younger sister at all times during the war with the Decepticons. As he holds two plasma cannons which fire out of the exhaust outlets in his shoulders, as well as missle launcherss from the sides of his head and plasma rifles from inside the door panels, he also is known very highly among the ranks of combat with skills in invincibility, medical repair(s), a high sense of hearing and excels in hand-to-hand combat. Sometimes its preferred in his mind. But in the end, he always find a way to see his missions through. "Penumbra" is a guy who will look out for his little sister, no matter what the cost.

-Vehicle Modes-
    [​IMG]

-References-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    HOLY SH@T!!! GrungeWerX: those are incredible!!! Amazing.

14. TM2 Dinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The fan favorite Bashmaster!

Name: Bashmaster
    Function: Deranged Artist
    Faction: Independent
    Motto: “Your head would look nice on my work bench.”

Bio: There is no one word to describe Bashmaster. Usually his victims refer to him in four letter words screamed in alien tongs as he rips them apart. Others call him “sick“, “insane” and “a nut job“. Decepticons fear him. Autobots are smart enough to stay away from him. Many legends revolve around Bashmaster. Some say he hunts the space ways, boarding ships and stealing victims. Others tell tales of young bots who set out to prove their worth by killing him, never to return. No one knows his origins or how old he is. Only one thing is for sure: you don’t mess with the ‘Master!

Weapons and Abilities: Bashmaster is not as he was when his life began. He is constantly making radical changes to his structure and abilities. His current transformation in a mobile utility tool of sorts, with exchangeable heads for laser cutters, saw blades and other, less friendly items. In robot mode, his structure is no less of a hodge-podge of parts. He constantly rips apart his helpless victims and attaches their dismembered parts to himself. In this way, Bashmaster is always constant. There is no telling about him any other way. At any given moment, he could possess an arsenal that could blow a ship from orbit, or he could only wield a single blade.

Weaknesses: Bashmaster is as insane as he is unpredictable. His main weakness is his obsession with “improving” himself and others. He had a deadly fascination attraction to newly built bots, especially femme-bots for their smooth lines. He longs to "remake" them into his insane image of perfection. He will go out of his way and do anything simply to get a single part. Also, while there is no accounting for how well armed he is at any given moment, Bashmaster is always poorly armored. The only thing that has saved his life for years if other’s fear of him and his reluctance to never go into actual battle.

Attached Files:

15. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

those sketches are amazing. but how does your ecplise run? Im thinking of getting one.

16. TM2 Dinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, work up a real formatted bio for them. I like those. :D 

17. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
  18. TerraDestroyer

TerraDestroyer "Sometimes crazy works."

News Credits:
    These have already been posted, but I wanted to reinforce my charas once more ;) 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've got two more characters in the works, but first, mehtinks I'll develop these two a bit more :D 

19. TM2 Dinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmm... GF Thunderfang... :peoples: 

20. Rodimus_2316

Rodimus_2316 Virtual TF Member

Great pics, guys! Please show more!

Also, what would you suggest to teach someone, like me, to draw like this? Is there some ultimate book that works best?