Fan Campaign for TF G1 Season 5 Direct-to-DVD with original voice cast

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Voiceroy, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I don't think this qualifies as "news", but this campaign already has the support of TF G1 notables Paul Eiding (voice of Perceptor), Michael Bell (Prowl, Scrapper), Gregg Berger (Grimlock) and writers David Wise and Flint Dille.

Transformers Season 5 DVD | Facebook

2. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, while I don't object to the passion behind such an idea, it's a very silly thing to waste time and effort campaigning for, 'cause it's not going to happen.

3. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    this seems to have created quite the buzz on facebook already in just a couple short hours, perhaps there may be a chance? Even if it's something like the Planet Hulk or Ultimate Avengers DVDs were, perhaps we could finally get something that would tie up some loose ends from Rebirth? Or if nothing else, if we don't get something new, maybe we could end up with officially released US english dubs of HM, MF, V, etc...?

4. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hate to rain on the collective parade but it's never going to happen. Hasbro aren't going to support it with DOTM on the way, and Prime getting underway in Feb.

5. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

I see Chris's point and admire it but I've signed up because I really really really really really really really really want this to happen.

Also: Invisibility cloaks, rocket packs and 3d hologram tv, please.

6. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Good luck with that. Why would they do a season 5 of G1 when Prime is about to make it's run? Even direct-to-DVD?

7. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Because G1 is still the be-all, ends-all and should have never ended.

I have this distinct feeling if this actually happened, a lot of fans would consider it Discontinuity because it would happen so long after the fact and isn't part of their glorified memories of the Eighties.

8. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    If it got enough buzz and producers saw enough potential $ in it, I would say its at least a possibility. Wouldnt hold my breath on it though, personally.

9. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Are these people shy for a job?...I appreciate the effort in trying to give a part of the fans what they want, but it's time to let go.

10. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

Ebay:
    Id personally see alot of $$ that could be made from this. People buying this would be old and new fans alike of G1 and would buy it the second it would be up for Pre-Order.

Get the surviving voice actors, perhaps get some of the guys behind the Headmasters dubs on youtube for other voices alike, and you have yourself a voice cast of Headmasters.

If someone picked up the pace with TFCog and supported them then we would have a decent TF Victory dub which would bring in even more $$ possibilities.

That just leaves us with what we would need to do for Masterforce.

11. superpunch

superpunch Banned

id be up fot heck id be up for a proper dub of the entire japan series of g1

12. Nevermore

News Credits:
    "Hey, I would buy it, that means a FANTASTILLION people would buy it too!"

13. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    The potential to sell transformers ANYTHING, with dotm closing the transformers movie trilogy, prime premiering on hasbros channel, and the success of reincanating old characters into toys, is hella ripe...

If theres potential $ in it.. anythings possible.

I would say look at star wars ::shrugs::

14. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I looked up season 5 on Tfwiki, it said it was just a compilation season of some episodes plus the movie broken down into 5 episodes and rebirth. Is this the season your referring to or is there another season/show?

15. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    What animation style would they use? Because the prospect of more error laden cartoonery is not one I can get behind. Would it have the same dodgy background music? Not too keen on that either. Or the same level of character development (i.e. VERY little)? Not up for that either.

It's a nice idea for the sake of nostalgia, but that's about it as far as I'm concerned. And if they change it even slightly, the cartoon purists will go batshit about how it's "not G1" and write it off immediately.

16. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I actually read about this elsewhere.

This would work financially for Hasbro if they were smart and did a direct to dvd "retelling" or continuation of g1 in the style of the dc and marvel direct to dvd animations (not the art style but the animation style). Shout would have to produce it or heck, even call in paramount or lionsgate.

17. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Sadly, all true.

Sadly.

18. Nevermore

News Credits:
    This. So very much this.

19. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Sadly no.

Marketing in a nutshell.

Mass appeal is the movie which attracts attention to anything labeled with "transformers". Why do you think they ramp up toy production at this time? A dvd doesn't have to tie into the movie but will get more notice because of a dvd. A purely idiotic marketing plan would be to attempt this 2 years after the last live action movie of tf we will ever see.

Prime tv series is the slow roll to the build up of the movie where a calvacade of merchandising will get going. Direct dvds, believe it or not, are merchandise like toys, clothes and so on.

As for why do G1? I mean geez, it's old and done. Eh, so was Gi Joe. More importantly the original intent of the transformer cartoon was a 30 minute toy commercial that hasbro didn't have to pay for. Hasbro releases g1 character figures a lot. Sadly there is nothing for people unfamiliar with g1 to grasp these characters (believe it or not, transformer comics do not sell in high traffic areas or in high numbers). A direct to dvd movie would help sales as far as the classics/universe/generations line.

Of course, like everything else hasbro does, even if they do it it'll get mucked up.

20. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    EDIT:

The only mew material of season 5 was live action Powermaster Prime with Tommy right?