Family who are 'too fat to work' say £22,000 worth of benefits is not enough

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TM2 D-bot, Mar 20, 2009.

1. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

Their asthma is caused by complaining too much :p  so is weight gain caused by not doing enough. some obeseity can be related to genetics or upbringing, but it doesn't go away with magic and want. The dad wanted gastic bypass surgery to help, that wouldn't have worked eitherway 'cause you have to undertake a liquid deit afterwards and they're eating habbits dictate the disregard of that

So if these people, (student aside) don't work, what do the do all day? Figure ways not to work??? Volunteer for charity drives? How do they benefit society?

2. chapsy

chapsy Well-Known Member

eat.

3. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    Why are so many people stupid in todays world? It's their own fault that their oversized asses can't even fit in a chair. Ever hear of a treadmill? Or a diet? These dumbasses shouldn't even get benefits.

In other words, they are like this:
    YouTube - Weird Al Yankovic-Fat

4. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

[​IMG]

5. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    I would tell them to get some pots, some dirt, and some seeds if they don't have a backyard. It might be slightly expensive in the beginning when you have to buy the pots, but it more than pays for itself with the veggies and fruits you can grow. And at least replace that crappy sandwich...you don't have to go whole hog (pun intended) healthy at first, you can do it gradually as you can afford it, etc. And get on a damn computer or go to the library and do some reading and figure out what you CAN do and make a plan. That doesn't take a lot of energy. I get less than HALF of what they get and can still manage a decent diet because I make the effort despite my own health challenges...so their excuses are crap.

But I would bet that ALL the things in this thread have been suggested to them time and again, and they've whined and whined and whined about the time and energy involved even tho without jobs the parents have plenty of both.

--Moony

6. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

if they can get benefits because they're 'too fat to work' then i claim benefits for my mental instability... aka 'im too crazy to work'.

what? your telling me to get my crazy ass to work? then tell these fatf*cks to go get a job!

7. Optimus Sledge

Did you read the article? Or anything anyone else has said? Allow me to reiterate:
    'Kay?

8. Dark Ramjet

Dark Ramjet Waiting patiently

News Credits:
    The thing that really irks me is that here's another prime example of people abusing a system that was designed for people who really need it. So who ends up doing without when the funds get low and the criteria for applying for disability becomes more strict. Probably someone who needs it and jerks like these get grandfathered in and yet they still say it's not enough. I just don't know where some people get the nerve.

9. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Great Britainland has an army, right? They should totally join it.

10. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

No, it's not funny to laugh at fat people. Or rather, it's only as funny to laugh at them as it is to laugh at the fact that the wages earned by everybody else are taxed for people like this to abuse.

So yeah, not very funny at all.

11. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Well, I didn't, but I will now. Who is this thread insulting, in your esteemed opinion?

12. Optimus Sledge

Now that I can agree with. It's this sort of thing that leads to thoughts like "At what point should the NHS stop being free?" I wholeheartedly believe there needs to be free medical care available. But why should the taxpayer pick up the tab for someone eating themselves into illness? Or smoking? Or... so on and so forth. If obesity is causing or exasperating their health problems, and they're being paid more money as a result, should they be obliged as part of their free medical treatment to lose weight?

13. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

They're not really "thoughts" to me. I think of them more as "answers."

1) They shouldn't.

2) See above.

3) See above so on and so forth.

4) Yes.

That was so easy.

14. Optimus Sledge

Fair do's. I wonder if anyone else would like to add their views, or if we've scared people off by not just posting "ZOMG!!! Teh fatties are to lazy to work and r stealin r munny?!?!!?!"

15. Atlas

Atlas Supreme Commander

News Credits:
    Not all of the thread is insulting but these people posting primarily to bash overweight people is uncalled for. Really should be bashing on idiots who take government funds for no good reasons. I don't even think the people read the article.

16. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm not sure you answered the question--are you saying the thread is insulting overweight people?

17. Atlas

Atlas Supreme Commander

News Credits:
    Not the thread itself some people posting in it, my point is that a point can be made that these lazy people do not deserve government assistance without childish comments.

18. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Okay, that's not really what you said initially, so I'm glad we're clearing it up.

Now, which comments are insulting? Not childish, but specifically insulting?

19. Atlas

Atlas Supreme Commander

News Credits:
    It was mainly the tags and some responses to the tags. I am pretty sure that some people were insulted or the tags would have never been removed.

I agree with everything you just said. Whats also disappointing is that the government supports drug addicts because they claim that their addiction is a mental disease.

20. Spoon

Spoon Banned

But you pretty much are.

Yes, you're putting more thought in your argument, but you still arrive at the same conclusion, albeit a more sophisticated one.

Here's a hypothetical...

"I buy some illegal fireworks that I don't know how to use.

I play with the fireworks and blow-up my hands.

I can't work because I have no hands."

Should this person receive benefits?