Family Ties Are Never Broken

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by spiritprime, Aug 5, 2008.

1. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    This is my first Animated Fanfic, so please go easy on me if I get a few things wrong because the show still hasn't come on T.V here in Australia. The only thing that helps me to getting it close is the DVD, Transform And Roll Out. Also, I'll be using a character's old name, despite how I increased the name a bit last year. See if you can guess who it is before the end of this chapter because this is one of my oldest characters.

------------------------
    Chapter 1: A New Ally

"Are you serious? A member of the Elite Guard is coming?!" Optimus' voice rang through the Earth Base of the Autobots.

The other Autobots looked up from their work as they heard their young commander's voice from afar. It was easy to tell who he was talking to, because anyone knew that he sometimes didn't get along with Ultra Magnus, but neither did he get along with Sentinel Prime at all.

Ultra Magnus nodded on the screen that Optimus was staring at with intense blue optics as the commander said, "Affermitive." Optimus just gave a frown as he bit his bottom lip bitterly. "Mind telling me who it is?" he asked, praying to Primus that he hoped it wasn't Sentinel. "You'll just have to wait until the ship arrives. It'll be arriving on Earth in just two days," Ultra Magnus answered, ignoring the frown that the warshot gave.

Optimus just gave a slight nod and said, "Fine, but I pray to Primus it's not Sentinel," he grumbled. "You'd do well to give this Elite Warrior complete respect, Optimus!" Ultra Magnus warned. "This warrior's rank is much higher than Sentinel's. Am I clear on that?" Optimus just gave a small shrug, but he stood back and gave a salute, "Yes sir." Ultra Magnus just gave a nod and then turned the screen off.

Optimus shook his head and he turned back, only to come face to face with Ratchet, who frowned at the young Earth Autobot Commander, "Something on your CPU, Prime?" he asked, slight concern in his voice. "I'm fine, Ratchet, just a bit annoyed at Ultra Magnus. But now I'm curious to know who this Elite Guard Warrior is," Optimus answered. "Ah, the kids are always curious these days," Ratchet grumbled jokily. Optimus laughed a little bitterly as Bumblebee, Prowl, and Bulkhead, arrived in the room. "So, Bossbot, whose our new recruit?" Bumblebee asked.

Optimus shrugged, "Don't know. Ultra Magnus said that this warrior's rank is much higher than Sentinel's." Bulkhead lifted an optic ridge, "You think he's just as good as Prowl?" he asked.

Prowl leaned on the wall, obviously listening, but not speaking.

"Don't know that either, but if Ultra Magnus said that this bot's rank is higher than Sentinel's, then I'm sure he's just as good as any of us," Optimus answered, still a little bitter. "Then if he's fast, I'll bet I'll beat in a matter of seconds!" Bumblebee laughed as Sari, who'd just dropped in, put a hand on her forehead.

Ratchet gave a sigh, these young bots just don't even learn. "So when will the bot be arriving?" he asked. "In two Earth days, Ultra Magnus says," Optimus answered as he relaxed a little. "Then we should find a place where the ship can land without causing a distress on the humans," the old CMO said. "Suppose so. But where is the main question."

"Um... I have a theroy," Sari stated. "This should be interesting," Bumblebee teased, which earned him a slap to the back of the head by Prowl.

------------------------
    Two days later, at mid-afternoon, the Autobots, and Sari, waited impatiently on the island of the Dinobots, who were too busy to care about their visitors. Ratchet had a computer out that would communicate with the ship if it drew any closer towards the Earth. Optimus had his arms folded, while Bumblebee and Sari were mucking around like little children, and Prowl was just sitting on the grass, meditating.

Optimus Prime looked towards Ratchet and said, "Anything, yet?" Ratchet looked up, an annoyed look on his face, "If you keep asking me, Prime, then my answer's just going to keep being the same! So don't get your circuits in your head a twist! The ship should be here any second now."

Bumblebee was about to come up with a retort when a loud roar thundered over the island. Confused, everyone looked up and saw a dark blue and red ship that was about half the size of their broken ship, the Ark. It's body was shaped like a rectangle while the cockpit was oval shaped. Optimus guessed that was where their mysterious ally was located.

As the ship came into landing, wheels from under it's triangle wings, and underneath it's cockpit, appeared as it touched down. The engines gave a deep hiss as the flaps on the wings evened themselves. The engine died down and everyone became silent. Waiting to see what happened next. Slowly, a door opened on its right side and stairs appeared. Dust was picked up as the stranger walked down, hiding him from their sights, so the Autobots had to wait until the stranger was clear from the dust.

Golden optics glowed as the dust cleared to reveal taloned feet. More dust swivelled up and the stranger lifted a bat like wing. Within seconds, the wing was lifted upwards finally revealling the stranger. Everyone gasped in shock and awe. Especially Optimus.

The stranger appeared to be femme, her body was dark blue, sky blue, and silver. Her face was silver that had a dark blue helmet with a 'V' shaped spike in the middle of her crest, her lips were red as though it had been covered in human lipstick. The joints in the elbows and ankles were silver while her shoulder joints, including her thighs, had dark blue on them, including the knees. Her arms, legs, stomach, a whip-like tail, and a reptiallian head on her chest, were all sky blue, while the horns on the back of the reptile's skull were also dark blue, including the claws onher hands and feet. Silver was also on her waist and the sides of her torso.

The stranger's golden optics, ones that were so rare amongst the Autobots, looked upon her allies. It was as though she was reading their eyes, trying to distinguish their emotions. Although they feel upon Prowl's, she couldn't read his easily because of the wide visors that covered them. Her optics then fell upon Optimus, and a small smile pulled at the corner of her lips. She then spoke in a voice that sounded femme, but it had a light ting of bells to it, "It's been a long while... brother."

------------------------
    Dun dun dun! Cliffhanger! Surprised? Well, see if you can guess who the femme is! First one to guess get's a cookie! :p 

2. spiritprime

News Credits:
    Weeee! Next part's up! I'm not surprised no one would review this, so I don't really care. A story's a story, it was at the top of my brain from the start.

------------------------
    Chapter 2: Fine Day For Introductions

Bumblebee, Bulkhead, Prowl, Ratchet, and Sari, each stared at Optimus, who just looked at the femme that stood before them. Bumblebee leaned towards Ratchet and whispered, "Have you seen her before?"

Ratchet didn't answer right away, but he did give the young bot a cold stare. Sari was about to ask something when the femme walked towards Optimus, her golden optics looking into his sky blue ones. "You still haven't forgiven me, haven't you?" she asked. Optimus was still silent.

The femme just gave a shrug and said, "If you're not going to introduce me to your friends, then I might as well do it myself." She turned and faced the mechs, but Optimus cleared his throat. She looked back at him and said, "Well?"

Optimus sighed and turned to face the others, he didn't want to do this, especially when it involved another Autobot he couldn't stand. His sister. "Everyone, this is my sister, Spirit Prime." Everyone just gaped.

"There. That wasn't so hard, was it?" the femme, that Optimus had introduced as Spirit Prime, said calmly. She then approached the other mechs, the smile still upon her cherry lips. "Greetings, fellow Autobots. You've sure chosen a fine place to crash-land," she joked. Optimus just rolled his optics.

Bumblebee rushed forward and grabbed her hand without warning, shaking it in an out of controlled manner as he spoke so fast, that none, except Spirit, could understand what he was saying, "Itssuchanhonourtofinallymeetyou!"

Spirit laughed at his fast speech, "Take it easy, I'm not going anywhere anytime soon." Bumblebee calmed down as he let go of her hand. "I've heard so much about you! I never knew it would be you to come here and bag those Decepticreeps!" Sari grabbed his hand and pulled him away, "Okay, okay, Bumblebee, I'm pretty sure she doesn't want you to get all over her nice clean armour," she grumbled. "But I want to get her autograph!"

Spirit's optics looked upon the strange creature that was dragging Bumblebee away with ease. She lifted a hand and that caused Sari to stop, "It's quite alright. I can understand he's never met me in person because I was always so busy," she said kindly. Sari lifted an eyebrow as Bumblebee rushed back and held out his arm, jumping up and down in happiness. "In that case, sign right here! Please!"

Spirit laughed as she took out a dark blue talon and scratched her name on his arm. Bumblebee beamed in delight as Prowl, Ratchet, and Optimus shook their heads in annoyance. Sari tapped on Ratchet's ankle, causing the elder to bend down while she whispered into his audio sensor, "So, who exsactly is this... 'Spirit Prime'?" she asked.

"Can't say I'm not surprised you asked, kid. Spirit Prime was one of the top students of the Autobot Academey. Because she was so far up, she became one of Ultra Magnus' best warriors in a short amount of time, earning her rank as Third in Command," Ratchet whispered back. Sari gaped as she looked up at Optimus, who still hadn't said anything since he'd introduced Spirit to his warriors.

Sari then whispered to Ratchet again, "So how come Optimus is so... bitter towards her?" she asked. "You'll just have to ask him that yourself. It's his buisness really," Ratchet answered, his voice now solemn. Confused, Sari looked at Optimus, his face now grave with hidden emotions.

------------------------
    "So this is where the Autobots stay?" Spirit asked as she and her comrades walked inside the old building that had now become the Autobots Base since they'd come to Earth.

Sari looked up at the femme that stood above her, she'd never seen a female Transformers, and she had the feeling that they were really rare in the Autobot Academey. She approached Spirit, while the blue femme continued to gaze at her surroundings. Without warning, Sari tapped on Spirit Prime's foot and the femme looked down at her. Curious, she bent down until she was on one knee and asked in a kind tone, "Yes?"

Sari rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly and said, "Are there any more of... you?" Spirit wasn't surprised by such a question. She had the feeling that this... odd looking creature wanted to know more about her kind. "Oh yes, there is plenty of us, but there are very few female warriors, and I'm the only one to have ever achieved such a very high rank," she explained.

"But, exsactly... how are you related to...," she paused abruptly, unsure of how she should continue. Spirit smiled in kind and said, "What's your name, human?" Sari smiled, glad to have gotten off the subject for the moment. "My name's Sari," she said as her eyes brightened a little. "A fine name for one so young. Normally us Transformers don't get our names until our personalities start to show. Mine, as just plain Spirit, was named for a high-spirit. As for Optimus, he was named for being the best."

"Can I ask... why Optimus wasn't so... pleased to see you?" Sari asked. Spirit's face turned sad. "I'm sorry, you'll just have to ask him yourself. I don't really want to talk about it at the current moment," she said, her tone almost sounded like it was about to crack. Quickly, she turned and walked away, obviously desperate to escape the conversation, or maybe just wanting to explore the base.

Sari sighed and noticed that Optimus had just sat himself down at the far corner of the warehouse. It looked like he was in deep thought, and didn't want to be disturbed. Prowl had gone off to meditate, Bumblebee and Bulkhead were having the usual chat, and Ratchet was busy cleaning some tools. Sari decided to ask the question to Optimus, whether he liked it or not. She was desperate to know why he didn't seem pleased to see his sister, nor why Ratchet and Spirit Prime sounded sad when they told her to ask Optimus himself.

Approaching the young commander, Sari saw that he hadn't noticed her coming until she stood right in front of his feet. "Hey, Optimus?" Sari asked. "Are you okay?"

Optimus didn't answer right away, he was too busy biting his bottom lip, his thoughts were lost in a cloud of painful memories. Sari tapped his foot gently. Shaking his head, Optimus opened his optics and looked down at his human friend. He could see the worry in her eyes, and he doubted that she would settle down until he was okay. "What'd you say, Sari?" he asked, puzzled by her worry.

"You just look like you're in another world. Like as if you're looking back at something that... hurts you," Sari answered.

Optimus frowned, he knew that he couldn't hide anything from the girl. 'She's getting way too good at reading my face,' he thought. "You got me good, Sari. It's getting, nearly, impossible to hide anything from you," he said with a small smile. Sari beamed. "I know when my friends are troubled because I've been around you guys for quite a while," she laughed.

The tiny smile tugged at Prime's lips. "I suppose this has something to do with Spirit that you want to ask me about?" he asked, raising an optic ridge. Sari nodded. Optimus gently picked her up and placed her on his shoulder, "Well this will be a long story, so you should get comfortable." Sari sat down on his shoulder and waited for Optimus to start.

------------------------
    Yay! Chapter complete! I hope you like it, because the next chapter's going to be very long. Like Optimus says, it's a long story. So please be patient and enjoy other people's stories while I get the next one organised. Until then! :D 

3. spiritprime

News Credits:
    Next chapter's up! Enjoy!

------------------------

Chapter 3: Story Of A Prime

"1050 years ago, way before we crash-landed on Earth, our home planet, Cybertron, had just recovered from the harshness of the Great War. Many of the Autobots had settled down, but few believed that the Decepticons had not settled down, and they doubted they ever will. So, our commander, Ultra Magnus set up an Autobot Academey that allowed young Autobots to attend to if they believed that the Decepticon cause was not at an end.

"This, was before at that time, that me, and my sister, Spirit, were born. We were created at the same time, making us individual twins. Our creators were both proud of us, and they wanted us to attend the Autobot Academy. So, when we were 18,000 years old, we left our home and took the training. It was then that, despite how Spirit and I always did things together, we slowly began to drift apart like space rock.

"It was then that we finally graduated and made it into the Elite Guard. But of course, Spirit had taken the harder studies and had received a rank that was much higher than mine, or Sentinel's. This was what drove me to jealousy of my sister. But unfortunately, it became one of my biggest problems with myself.

"When it was a 1000 years before I and my crew had crash-landed on Earth, Ultra Magnus sent me, Sentinel Prime, Elita-1, and Spirit Prime, on a mission to retrieve some Energon that had been discovered by a mech named Sharpshot. Ultra Magnus put Spirit Prime in charge of the mission, and it was something I was none too happy about it.

"When we arrived on the planet, Sharpshot told us of what he'd discovered and we set off on the mission. When we came to a fork in a cave, Spirit Prime ordered us to split up. She put me with Sentinel, and herself with Elita-1. Unfortunately, I grew annoyed and argued with Spirit harshly, asking her why she put me with Sentinel, and she told me that it was so that me and him would learn how to work as a team. Relucatantly, I finally agreed and Sentinel and I went in one direction, while Elita and Spirit went the other.

"From what Spirit had told me, she said that she and Elita were attacked by giant spiders before Elita let off a scream. So Sentinel and I rushed back in the other direction and found Spirit being held down by a gigantic spider, while Elita-1 was caught in a giant web that her held down with a spider advancing upon her.

"We managed to fight off the spiders and Spirit told us what had happened. But then we were attacked by two more, but we fought them off with ease. I looked up to see a big hole in the ceiling that lead to the outside, while there was a hole right next to us. Sentinel said that there was some purple glow in the hole next to us. So Spirit said that she and Elita will check it out while Sentinel and I stood guard. Unfortunately, that turned out to be the biggest mistake of her entire life, and I could never forgive her for what she'd done then.

"Spirit and Elita had discovered the energon that Sharpshot had told us about and they would've carried them out, but the spiders advanced upon them. So they fired at the energon, causing it to explode and kill most of the spiders. But the cave was beginning to collapse, so Elita borrowed Spirit's ability to fly in robot mode and they tried to fly out of the hole, but Elita's time had run out. I tried to grab her using my grapling hook, but I fell down the hole. I told Spirit to forget about me as I plumeted, but she ignored my words and she grabbed me instead.

"Angrily, I begged her to get Elita, but it was too late. The cave had collapsed and Spirit flew both me, and Sentinel, out of the ceiling. Sentinel and I yelled at her and blamed her for Elita's death after I'd lost her signal.

"When we returned, Spirit told Ultra Magnus what had happened, and he blamed me for Elita's death. It was then that I lost my position as an Elite Guard Warrior and was sent under Ratchet's supervision. Leaving me to grieve my loss while Spirit continued to adanvce until she became the Third in Command. I never forgave her for her choice, and I doubted she tried to plea with Ultra Magnus about whose fault it really was for not going back for Elita instead of me."

------------------------
    "So that is why I'm not happy to see her again, Sari. I still haven't forgiven her for the choice she made, but I'm sure that she did it for a reason. I just can't understand why she saved me instead of Elita."

Sari gave a sad look before she nodded and said, "I'm sure she did it because you were her brother. Like any sibling, she would do anything for you."

Optimus frowned and said, his tone growling, "What makes you say that? You don't have a brother, nor a sister. You speak like as if you have one, even though you don't." Sari smiled, "It's because I see you guys like the brothers I never had, especially Bumblebee. He maybe a showoff, but at least he cares about my safety."

Optimus stopped frowning. He knew Sari didn't have any other family members, other than a father, but she was just so confusing sometimes. Finally, he smiled and said, "You're right. I know she cares for me like all siblings should and was just trying to do the right thing. If she'd tried to save Elita, then she too would've perished and then I would still be grieving today."

"So are you going to apologise to her?" Sari asked. "I would do it now, but I doubt she doesn't want to hear it from me at the moment because of the way I'd never spoken to her after 1050 years. I also do not want to talk to her because of how she didn't stand up for me when Ultra Magnus blamed me for Spirit's choice of rescuing," Optimus answered, his optics now sad.

Sari nodded gravely. She may not have any siblings, but she hated to see anyone fight, especially her Autobot friends. "Well, give it time, Optimus. If given enough, and if she enjoys Earth, then maybe she will accept your apology." She slid down Optimus' arm and landed on the ground, she then looked up at the young Autobot and smiled. "Just think about it," she said before she dashed off towards Bumblebee, requesting him to take her home in time for dinner.

Optimus sighed and placed a hand upon his left cheek, as though he was trying to feel something. Finally, his fingers stopped upon a very faint scar that had been made Spirit Prime when they were doing a mock battle before they'd attended the Academy. He missed her good and cheerful nature, but now that she was a TIC, he had the feeling that she despised playing those games again.

Looking up, he had the feeling he was being watched and he spotted a blue figure watching him. The figure's golden optics glowed for just a microsecond, as though they were softening at him when he'd touched his cheek. He knew who it was, but he didn't say a word. Their optics were doing the saying for them. Did Spirit also miss those good days when they were still together?

Slowly, the blue figure turned and walked away, their mental conversation over. Optimus lowered his head sadly. Spirit had said to him that she'd tried to plea with Ultra Magnus, but he'd said he would have none of it, and he'd threatened her that he would remove her of her rank if she kept on bothering. And so, Spirit had remained in silence, trying to forget the terrifying day of her choice between her brother, or a femme comrade.

Standing up, Optimus headed for his quarters, obviously not in the mood to talk with anyone. He would've talked with Ratchet, but he wanted to keep it to himself. But maybe Prowl would understand better, even though he sometimes couldn't understand what he meant. He just really needed to get the situation off his chest, as the humans say.

------------------------
    Hmm... interesting story Optimus told Sari. So it seems that he'd left the Academy for another reason. Or should I say stripped of his poistion from the Elite Guard. I know Sentinel had something to do with Optimus, but I decided a different approach: What if Optimus had been removed from the Academy by a sibling's choice? Yes, I know, I made Elita's inccident of turning into Blackarachnia a little differently, so she doesn't have a grudge against Optimus. She has a grudge against a femme's choice. Bleh! I hope you like the story's little change. ;P

4. spiritprime

News Credits:
    Next chapter's up! Enjoy! Enough said.

------------------------
    Chapter 4: Revenge of the Spider

Two days had passed since Spirit Prime's arrival and her history explained to Sari. Everyone was on edge a little, so Optimus suggested they take a break by going to Indonesia. Spirit Prime was a little reluctant to take this break because of never having one while back on Cybertron. But after some coaxing from Sari, she finally agreed. But she had a bad feeling about this trip to see the plants and animals that inhabited the jungle area. Why? Well, because she felt that something was going to happen, and she had every reason to be cautious.

The Earth Autobots arrived within ten hours of the flight. Arriving in a city that they reckoned had a comfortable warehouse and where Sari could stay as well.

Spirit flicked her tail in anxiety. She'd never been so... worried in her 19,050 years of her life. The only time she'd been like this was when they had to go and search for the Energon on the forbidden planet. She mentally shook in fear at the thought of the giant spiders that had surrounded her and Elita, and she felt the horror when she had the choice of rescuing her brother, instead of Elita. She felt horrible for doing it, but she had no other choice because Optimus had been closer than Elita did.

For once since their arrival on Earth, the Autobots were at peace.

------------------------
    A couple of days since their arrival in Indonesia, Optimus Prime, Spirit Prime, Bumblebee, Ratchet, Prowl, Bulkhead, and Sari decided to explore the lush jungle, eager to learn about the creatures and plants that dwelled within, but Spirit, like usual, was edgy again. She couldn't help but get the feeling that they were being watched by something. Something big enough to be more than a match for Optimus, or Bulkhead, to take on.

Optimus stopped when he noticed Spirit's halt. "Something wrong?" he asked a little coldly, he still hadn't forgiven Spirit for her choice, but he was starting to calm down a little, and acting less hostile towards her.

Spirit turned her head to look at her brother, he could see the cautiousness in her mind as she spoke, "Did you hear something? I thought I heard something large moving in the trees."

Bumblebee waved a hand. "Ah, you're just being paranoid," he joked. Spirit frowned at him, her worry increasing. Prowl looked like he was about to slap Bumblebee in the face, but he resisted this time.

More movement sounded above them. Sari looked up when she thought she saw a very large shadow pass over them. But it was gone. Spirit looked in her direction and she thought she also saw movement, but it was gone again before she could calculate where it was. "I do believe that Spirit's right. Something's watching us, and is moving very fast," Prowl said after a few seconds.

Optimus looked around, but he couldn't figure out what was going on. Was Spirit just imagining things? Unsure, he pulled out his axe, ready for battle.

Rustling leaves shifted left and right, causing the Autobots to bunch up together with their backs against each other and Sari in the middle.

Suddenly, a leopard leapt out the bushes. It snarled at the strangers that stood before them and ran off past them.

The Autobots breathed a sigh of relief and Optimus turned to face Spirit, annoyance in his optics. "Were you just trying to play games?" he growled. Spirit frowned as she shot back at her brother, "It's not my fault that I act like this, Optimus! I've never had a break before, and I've never, ever, had the time to relax!"

Ratchet and Bulkhead grabbed Optimus Prime, while Prowl and Bumblebee grabbed Spirit pulling them away from each other. "Alright youse two, settle down. We're here to have a break, not fight like little sparklings," Prowl said as he pulled Spirit even further. The young TIC ignored him and removed his arms off of her. "Do not speak to me like I'm some child, Prowl! I have every right to be nervous, and we could be attacked by anything while we're taking this... vaccation, as the humans called it! Even a Decepticon might appear right now while we're just busy relaxing! You call this relaxing?!"

In her anger, Spirit Prime shifted to her alt form for the first time since her arrival. In her place stood a blue dragon that seemed to be a perfectly good camouflage for the sky. Frowning her golden eyes that glowed in annoyance, she gave a small growl, spread her wings, and took off without warning. Leaving her Autobot comrades to watch as she disappeared amongst the clouds.

Optimus tried to step forward to stop her, but Ratchet grabbed his shoulder and shook his head, saying in a stern, but not unkindly, tone, "Let her be, Optimus. She needs time to herself to calm down. She maybe your sister, but that doesn't give you any right to talk to her in that kind of way."

Optimus growled and removed Ratchet's hand, he turned to face his elder, his annoyance still burned like a fire. "But that still didn't give her the right to yell at Prowl," he snapped.

"She's edgy, Prime. When you've been battling the Decepticons for the past 1050 years, and never had the time for breaks, you have every right to be snappy. Spirit believes that the Decepticons will never settle down, and until they do, she will not take a vacation until they're permantely out of our lives," Ratchet said wisely.

Optimus sighed deeply, trying to calm himself down, even though he didn't need to breathe. He knew Ratchet was right. Spirit Prime, as the TIC, would never feel comfort until the Decepticons were out of the picture. He relaxed his tensed up arms and looked at his friends. "What do you propose I do?" he asked.

"Go and apologise to her after when she calms down, of course," Bumblebee said. "Yeah, you're right. We'll go back after this little walk. It might do us some good to ease off the tension. And... I'm sorry for acting like sparkling," Optimus apologised. "No need, Bossbot. We do it a lot, so why can't you?" Bumblebee teased. The others laughed, glad that the fierce moment was over.

But they failed to realise that a giant shadow had gone in the same direction as Spirit Prime had.

------------------------
    Spirit Prime landed in a small clearing beside a river. She lowered her wings until they were just tightly folded against her sides. She could still feel the raging fire still burning in her chest, and it felt like it was going to explode right out of her mouth at any moment. Slowly, she took a deep breath, and she felt the tension leave her. It had felt like that she just wanted to tear off Optimus' head at the last second if she hadn't transformed to her alt mode and had taken off.

Sitting down on her haunches, Spirit gazed at her reflection in the river. It's quiet trickling seemed to help ease her mind, and she was glad that she'd chosen this spot. It felt so peaceful. So... calm. She shook her head quickly. She couldn't be at peace! This was a time of war! There was not enough time to ease off, and she couldn't afford to distract herself from her job. Put the Decepticons to rest once and for all.

She was about to get up and go, when her nostrils quivered at a scent that she barely recognised. What was it? Nervously, she looked around, having the feeling that this unfamiliar force would be a threat to her.

Suddenly, a large black and purple spider appeared, it's many legs spread apart to support the delicate weight of such a frightening animal. Spirit stood back in fear, baring her fangs at the creature with a growl. How could one of those alien spiders from the forbidden planet come here? Something was really wrong.

Spirit Prime's tail flickered as the spider bared its pincers, sending a screech that answered her roar. Without warning, it leapt towards her with lightning speed that was too fast for Spirit to react and she felt a massive surge of pain pulse through her systems. Afraid, the blue dragon kicked out at the spider, but it was gone before her talons made contact with its flesh.

The spider landed on all of its eight legs, its pincers moved left and right, as though it was laughing. Spirit shifted to her robot form, bringing out a katana that was pulled from her left wing. She got into a crouching position, waiting for the spider to attack her again. "Come on you freak!"

The spider hissed in anger as it rushed towards her with its lightning like speed. But Spirit had been expecting this, and she too moved with incredible speed, but she was too slow, and she was pinned down by a massive point that just dug into her dragon head on her chest. The spider drew closer, it's two larger eyes, in front of the six that were much smaller, seemed to glow with hatred and fury.

Without warning, the spider turned itself around and a purple spray of web wrapped itself around Spirit's body, preventing her from escaping. She tried to move, but the web had hardened in a matter of microseconds. She struggled against its tightening grip, but failed to break free.

Then, a shocking thing happened. The spider then shifted parts until it stood just the same height as the young TIC, but it was even more shocking with what she saw. The Decepticon symbol shone on the collar of the stranger, and the appearance of the Decepticon made her widen her optics in shock. A femme Decepticon stood before her.

Spirit just wanted to scream at the femme, wanting to know why she joined the Decepticons and who she was. But before she could speak, the femme bent down and smirked with two pointed fangs poking out from her top jaw. Spirit knew she was wearing a mask that probably concealed an ugly face. But there was something oddly familiar about the femme's optics that pierced through the helmet with hatred and dread.

Finally, the Decepticon femme spoke in a deadly hiss that spat with venom that was directed right at Spirit's very face. "Been a long time, hasn't it Spirit?"

Shock and surprise pulsed through Spirit's very body. She didn't know how it happened, but she thought that the web had some kind of poison in it that made her think that she would know the voice. But she was dead wrong to the centre of her Spark. All she could do was utter four words that held her surprise and fear. "Is that you Elita-1?"

"My name is not Elita-1 anymore. It's Blackarachnia now!" the Decepticon hissed.

------------------------
    Oh no! Blackarachnia/Elita-1 has come back to haunt Spirit Prime's memories of the past event! Will the other Autobots arrive to help her in time, or will she be destroyed by the very one who she thought was dead? Stay tunned! XD

5. spiritprime

News Credits:
    Now, let's see what's going to happen next shall we? Enjoy! And please leave comments, I love those! :D 

------------------------

Chapter 5: Forgiveness Is Never Easy

Spirit Prime could only gasp in horror as Elita-1, now Blackarachnia, gave a deadly smirk that showed her fangs. She felt her arms tense in anger, her mind was so full of questions. 'Why would she do such a thing like this? I've never heard of an Autobot deflecting to the Decepticons out of revenge. Normally Autobots just wanted peace!'

For some apparent reason, Spirit knew that in her Spark, she could not deny the truth that had been inflicted upon her memories, and she knew that it was all because of her choice. Ever part of her hurt. Her mind, her Spark. Everything! It was all because of her choice that Elita had gone to the Decepticons!

In her anger at herself, Spirit felt her Spark pulse with intense rage. Even her body became tense as Blackarachnia stood back to watch Spirit's struggle with herself and said, "You cannot deny the truth, Spirit. You should've saved me instead of your pathetic brother."

Spirit's optics opened and she gave a look of hatred. "I did what I had to do! Can't you understand that?!" she spat. "What? Is it because that a sibling's life is more important than a comrade?" Blackarachnia asked coldly.

"..."

Blackarachnia approached the young TIC, her optics cold and stern as she gazed into Spirit's own. "I see that my question silenced you. So I'll straighten this out. I'll kill you so that I can move on. And then, once I'm done with you, I'll inflict as much pain to your brother as much as you did to me."

Spirit's optics flashed in shock! She would have no one do that to her brother, especially a Decepticon! Growling, she tensed her arms even harder until she felt the hard web break. Blackarachnia stood back in surprise as Spirit stood up and got into a fighting stance, rage and hatred burning into her golden optics like a raging fire.

Spirit's tail gave a whip-like crack as she spoke in a raging voice that would send even the bravest of Decepticons cowaring. "NO ONE, AND I MEAN NO ONE, THREATENS MY BROTHER AND GETS AWAY WITH IT!"

In her blind rage, she pulled out her katana and raced towards the Decepticon femme, who just smirked and neatly side-stepped her at the last moment before kneeing her in the stomach, sending Spirit flying until her back hit a massive tree that groaned beneath her light, but still heavy, weight.

Blackarachnia silently approached her once more, her optics turned to slits as she stretched out the legs of her alt mode forward, preparing to drain away Spirit's very life energy. "Before I send you to an oblivion, Spirit, there's one thing I want you to remember on how Optimus lost my signal."

Spirit looked up weakly, but was knocked back down by a sharp blow to her shoulder. Blackarachnia drew closer, "Let me tell you a story that might shock you to the very core of your Spark..."

------------------------
    Flashback

"After you grabbed Optimus and I plumted towards my death, I'd ended up at the bottom of the pit where I was surrounded by eternal darkness. I flashed on my light, only to be surrounded by thousands of those monstrous spiders, they attacked me without warning and I did the only thing I thought I could possibly do. I absorbed their abilities.

"But unfortunately, it turned out to be one of the most disasterous things I'd ever done. The absorbtion turned me into the freak you see before you. I'm slowly going insane... I need to get rid of this organic material before I'm nothing but just as a monster as the spiders!

End Flashback
    ------------------------

"So you see? That is why I seek revenge, for I have you to blame for leaving me and left me no choice but to become a monster. Because of you!" Blackarachnia spat.

Spirit lowered her head, ashamed for the choice she'd made. Her memories flashed before her optics as she remember the look on Optimus' face when he'd discovered that Elita-1's signal was lost. She remembered the hurt look in his optics as he shook her in his fury and the way how Ultra Magnus had stripped him of his position in the Elite Guard and had assigned him to be a repairbot.

Just before Blackarachnia could strike, a blast from the right sent her flying. Spirit looked in the direction of where the blast came from and saw Optimus Prime, Ratchet, Bumblebee, Prowl, and Sari, standing there with annoyed looks on their faces.

Blackarachnia gave a hiss of fury as she saw the Autobots. Optimus Prime took a step forward, worry and coldness was written all over his face. "Who gave you the right to attack her?" he growled.

Before Blackarachnia could answer in a sarcastic manner, Spirit quickly, but weakly, took the opportunity to speak. "Optimus, that's Elita you're talking too." she'd tried to stand up, but collapsed on the ground, every part of her system ached inside her, including her Spark, which was heavy with grief, pain, and shock.

Optimus' optics widened when Spirit told him. But he shook his head, there was no way in the unverse that that was Elita-1, she was dead!

Blackarachnia just smirked and looked at Optimus, "She's actually correct, Optimus. It has been a long time," she chuckled darkly. Optimus felt his throat become parched.

Ratchet tried to rush forward towards the battered Spirit, but Blackarachnia was in the way. So he impatiently waited, but he knew that the young femme was running out of time if she didn't get treatment.

"But how?" Optimus asked. "Ask the girl yourself, she was the one who left me to die. Remember?" Blackarachnia laughed as she pointed a clawed finger in the direction of Spirit Prime, who was struggling to get up.

Optimus felt bitter rage pulsing through his body, but he didn't release it. He would have to ask Spirit later after when she'd recovered from the attack. "Get out of my sight before I do away with you," he said quietly. It wasn't an order. It was a request.

Blackarachnia just smirked once more before she transformed to her spider mode and quickly left.

The Autobots took this moment to rush over to Spirit's side, but Ratchet was there first and he held her up gently. "Hey," he whispered. "You okay, kid?"

Spirit just weakly opened her optics and nodded slightly before she went into stasis lock. Ratchet picked her up and turned to the others, his face had now turned to worry. "We have to get her back to Detroit, I don't have the specific tools to repair her!" he yelled, obviously trying to hide his worry.

Optimus nodded his understanding as he and the others quickly rushed back to their Indonesia base. They had to get Spirit repaired enough so that she could be transferred safely without having the need of machines to keep her life-supported.

------------------------
    So, what will happen now? Will they get back to Detroit in time to save her life? Stay tunned!