Fallout 76

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by iamste, May 29, 2018.

1. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Finally get to play the BETA on my PS4. Super excited! I've seen someone else play so I know what to expect.

2. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I've played through two BETA sessions now, and this might end up being my favorite Fallout game. It's an incredible experience.

3. Zathras

Zathras Vive le Quebec Libre

i'm staying away from the beta... will play once the game launches on ps4

4. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    If anyone played the BETA, trophies/achievements will not unlock from your progress if you keep your BETA character in the release version.

5. Zathras

Zathras Vive le Quebec Libre

Loaded the game, kept being kicked off the servers. time for bed instead

6. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Apparently this is either completely wrong or partially wrong.

7. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I didn't get to try beta because they sent me a code for PC when I preordered a PS4 edition. Managed to get to level 15, got 3 power armor chasis, and 2 nuke code bits. So far, there are things I am liking and not liking. My biggest dislike thus far, I am having an issue attaining caps and stimpacks. This is thanks to the damn Scorched are a real pain and just swarm and cause chaos. Oh, and I have met the mothman! Was kinda cool.

I've had 2 glitched missions, one that eventually fixed itself, the other that is a known issue with fixing the token machine. The other real annoying one I had was at the water park, where a Scorched somehow glitched under the map and was able to hurt me if I was on ground level. Relogged and it fixed.

I am one of the few who was wanting an online Fallout, so far, not too bad. I look forward to the huge slew of new content they can create.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ShinGi

ShinGi Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  9. xolta

xolta Well-Known Member

From what I heard Fallout 76 is a toxic dump of a game. Completely broken even by Bethesda standards,boring, lazy and just plain bad.
    Monstrously bad if the meta critic user reviews are any thing to go by. Worse of all this trash heap has and was built for micro trans actions in
    mind. Every thing i seen and heard makes this game not look any good at all.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    That is far from the truth. Being I have played it for a few days now, I can honestly say the opposite of what you have "heard". Also, to say that it was built for micro transactions, isn't true. The only thing you can purchase is perk cards, but honestly, you don't have to purchase them unless you want to try your luck at different perk cards. I am thoroughly enjoying the game, as well as my wife is. It is honestly a fun game, and in fact is more challanging than 4 was. You can argue that there isn't content, but that is incorrect, as they have plenty of quests, as well as daily challanges, and in game events always happening. They have nothing but room to add more content in the future if people would honestly try the game instead of whining that they want an online game, and as soon as they get it, complain that they made an online game.

11. ShinGi

ShinGi Well-Known Member

12. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    There are no microtransactions in the game that are anything other than cosmetic.

It's a shame that internet trolls have decided to pounce on the game. Personally, I think it's very well done and I've enjoyed the many hours I've put into it, and will be putting in many more.

13. xolta

xolta Well-Known Member

Ephland I'm sorry but i don't care if there cosmetic or not if you pay full price for a game then you shouldn't have to pay extra for any thing other then expansions or dlc.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Well you don't "have to" pay extra for anything in Falloit 76. The items that you can choose to pay for (which are just decorative and provide no gameplay bonus) can also be earned for free from playing the game. And all expansions/DLC for the game will also be free.

Maybe try a little research next time.

15. ShinGi

ShinGi Well-Known Member

16. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
  17. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

The more I see and hear about this game, the more I question why Bethesda Game Studios put their name on this. Obviously, they’re trying to tap into the online game market, but that’s not something they’ve been really that good at, and people were already complaining about how outdated their engine was with Fallout 4 (and seeing how good The Witcher 3 was in comparison did that game no favors). It’s not going to attract the online crowd from Destiny or Fortnite, but it’s also not quite the game that hardcore Fallout/RPG fans want either. Unless they were pressured to make this game from one of the higher ups or just experimenting, I’m not sure why they didn’t just go ahead and make Starfield and Elder Scrolls VI first or letting one of their other studios like ZeniMax take on this project.

18. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

I imagine it's mostly reused assets, so the cost to make was probably pretty low.

19. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    downloadfile-19.png

• Like Like x 2
  20. ShinGi

ShinGi Well-Known Member