Fallout 4 announced - PC, XBONE, PS4 - shut up and take my bottlecaps

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Bendimus Prime, Jun 2, 2015.

1. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I have to agree that Far Harbor is better.

I feel like this dlc was made so that people can make evil characters.

2. Zathras

Zathras Vive le Quebec Libre

3. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If anyone was waiting for mods on the PS4, it looks like they won't ever be coming. Same goes for Skyrim.

http://kotaku.com/bethesda-says-sony-wont-allow-skyrim-or-fallout-4-mods-1786431292

Sucks for anyone waiting. I'm playing on the Xbox, but mods for me were just something to try since they disable achievements. I don't want to put tons of hours into a modded game only to go back to an unmodded save just to get the achievements and then go back and replay on the modded save.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  4. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    *claps slowly*

Bravo to whomever screwed this all up. Sony or whomever. People were waiting and waiting for mods for their PS4 version of Fallout 4 for how long now?

The fact that they have dragged on this waiting game with gamers all this time while XBOX users got to reap the benefit of what PC gamers have with the game and seems to KNOW they wouldn't deliver the goods, waiting until the final DLC came out. And here was it not Sony's version of Fallout 4 that sold the most copies?

I was definitely looking forward to using mods on my PS4 system, but seeing this. Well, despite my dislike with Microsoft over how they marketed the XBOX One initially, my interests are wavering back towards them more and more.

5. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator

News Credits:
    I'm more bummed about skyrim.

Fuck off, Sony. Just about done with consoles.

6. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Yep, fucking sony, they use to be the user friendly console...what the fuck happened.

I feel like it was an unused level of the game that they converted to dlc. My next playthrough I'm completely skipping preston and heading straight for diamond city then nuka world after a times leveling up.

7. smkspy

The Sony Bethesda wars are in full swing right. I blame both of them honestly. I blame Sony a bit more, but Bethesda wrote a giant check that ended up bouncing.

8. harveydent

harveydent Unknown Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    According to Bethesda they can flip the switch and enable mods right now on PS4, everything is ready.

It's just that Sony won't let them

9. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    As much as it sucks that they won't allow them to release mods, I can live without them. I have played this long without them, in any of the Fallout games. Granted, yes, I have enjoyed seeing some of the ones in videos I have watched online.

10. smkspy

Hmmmm, considering that contradicts every statement given by Bethesda when updating about the delay in mods, I'm inclined not to belive them. First it was technical issues, now it's simply that Sony won't let them. Personally, I don't think they were able to get them to work, then Sony said just forget about them and Bethesda is trying to spin any of the blame off them. They have the most to lose over this, one game and company matters little to Sony.

Yeah, I've never played with mods, so I can live without them, but I was pretty excited about getting them.i would have loved to have a mod that allowed me to ballistic weave any clothing items or put any legendary effect on them. Looks like I'll just have to go to glitches to get stuff now.

11. combaticonsfrvr

combaticonsfrvr Lusus Naturae

It's not necessarily contradictory. It's possible that Bethesda fixed the technical issues, but Sony decided not to allow them to implement mods. Why, I'm not sure. Possibly they felt it was too late to cash in on the mod game. Maybe the fix would pose a security risk to Sony's servers. Who knows.

The point is, we can't be sure which one of them is at fault, and we'll probably never know.

12. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Low and behold, it happened.

13. agentSAP2006

agentSAP2006 Avatar by Sprite

News Credits:
    I'm so sorry you don't get mods.

14. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Wouldn't have used them either way.

15. harveydent

harveydent Unknown Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    They're pretty great, I don't really use them to get new game-breaking weapons and items. Just for very better textures and non-melting-clayface character looks/design

16. smkspy

I just wanted to add ballistic weave to any clothing item that I wanted. Though hear we may still get mods in some lesser form, maybe though I doubt it.

17. agentSAP2006

agentSAP2006 Avatar by Sprite

News Credits:
    Most of my mods are radio stations and weapons and armor from previous Fallout games, like the NCR Ranger armor.

Plus minor fixes and convenience stuff like making crops give more harvest.

18. smkspy

Would love those things, what new quests. That would have been the biggest draw for me since I've really nothing left to do with God character except hunt to level up.

For some reason I'm on this quest to max out the perk chart. There really should have been an achievement for that.

19. combaticonsfrvr

combaticonsfrvr Lusus Naturae

Finished Automatron.

Being me, I cried with joy when it said "all robot mods unlocked for crafting"

20. smkspy

My biggest problem with the game is that even though you unlocked all the mods, you're really only going to certain ones for armor if you're trying to make your robots the best build. Of course you can go crazy and do whatevet, just hate how the game pushes you towards certain mods if you want the best. And this applies to everything moddable.

I gotta give props to players that will wear Keloggs or Maxon suit over whatever ballistic weave outfit plus stat boosting armor pieces. only piece of ultimate I can't bring myself to wear is a ballistic Trilby hat. Just love recon helmet so much.