Falling Skies

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Deceptijohn, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
  2. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    One season and done.

It may be good but networks wont take chances anymore.

3. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    but with Spielberg's name attached i think it might do better than some might think

or at least i hope so :p 

i'll be able to catch part of it before I have to go in for work. But this is a show im definitely wanting to check out

4. Deceptijohn

News Credits:
    Anyone else catch this? I thought it was just okay, nothing great. And I find the idea that humans can move around in the open like that kind of silly. The aliens have thermal and auditory detection, but no optical sensors? When that big column was leaving the city early on right in plain view of the alien garrison ship I was kinda like "yeah right". We'll see where they go with it I guess.

5. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    It was only ok. Forced drama and intentionally bad decision making to further the plot killed huge parts of the film. Too much talking, not enough danger.

6. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

Ehhh...yeah. Watched this last night. Not sure how I feel about the outlaw subplot - maybe they just did that to get it out of the way. I'll give this a few more episodes, but as of right now this show isn't "Battlestar" - ing me.

7. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

I'd say it has potential, and the premiere was not as bad as I expected, but I don't see it going too far. I'll still watch it, though.

8. Deceptijohn

News Credits:
    So a single road flare dropped in a field can bring an alien ship to blow you all to hell, but a school filled with hundreds of warm bodies, candles, cooking stoves etc etc doesn't? I don't know if I'm gonna be able to stick with this show.

9. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

Single flare? Try about 6. Open field, enclosed school.

People have temps of less than 100 degrees, flares much higher.

10. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well, I finally caught up, kept missing the eps, now have the DVR set up, and it's been okay, not the S.Spielberg blockbuster they promoted, but I will give it a few more eps.
    For the most part, I like the actors chosen, but it has been dragging in a few places.. needs more action sequences and hopefully they are coming.

I like the Mech's and keep hearing some TF sounds there (even in the background score)..but the bugs..cooties or skitters.. whichever, what a yuck design...maybe Starscream will show up and claim his offspring. :lol 

11. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

I love it so far. A bit slow at times but when it's not it really delivers :) 

I just wish they'd loose the sound effects for the aliens themselves. Couldn't they just have created an alien language for them to speak, instead of recycling the screams and hisses of the velociraptors from Jurassic Park?

And there were also a few JP Tyrannosaur grunts thrown in too. Maybe it's just because the sounds are too familiar but for me they just don't match up with the aliens' design. Looking at an organism like that I'd expect something more insect-like.

12. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Just seen the first episode and was bored pretty much all the way through. Not a show I'll be keeping with.

13. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

Last night we finally dipped into the episode "Sanctuary" from last week, a couple hours before the newest episode aired.

My wife and I only got about 10 minutes into it before getting extremely bored and deleting it, along with the series recording for it.

This show is officially dead IMO.

14. Deceptijohn

News Credits:
    I gave up on it after 3 episodes and I barely made it through the third one.

15. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

It has some good ideas, and really tries to be different and good, but it's just too dull and boring. The only way they can really salvage the show is if something totally amazing happens so the pace can pick up.

There's apparently only two more episodes left in the season, so I'll give it until then before I make a decision.

16. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I hate to say it, but I gave up on it too...fell asleep during part 1 and haven't bothered recording part 2.

17. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I watched the premiere, I thought it was pretty fine, nothing exceptional, nothing horrible.

It has potential, but it needs more action, more bloods on the veins, and more charismatic characters.

Someone throw Woody Harrelson in the middle of that surviving group and we're fine.

18. Overlord Balder

I watched the whole season and you guys GOT to be kidding me! This series is awesome!

Granted, it does take a while to "get movin'", but once it does, AWESOMENESS happens.

Capt. Weaver [who ensembled one hell of a dark horse upon Tom] alongisde Pope are probably the best characters in the whole show, they should be promoted to main characters.

Good action, interesting characters, interesting plot and creepy-as-fuck aliens.

19. Tracer

Tracer _

News Credits:
    Time for a bump. Is anyone on board for season 2?

20. Overlord Balder

I'm still here as long as Captain "Goddamn this guy is badass" Weaver is.