Fallen Son: The Death Of Captain America

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Razerwire, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Just picked the Wolverine one up today.

I liked it. Especially how it ended.

Granted it wasn't an action packed issue but I still enjoyed it and I definitely want to know how everything pans out.

2. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Spoilers!!!

3. Razerwire

News Credits:
    As in you want spoilers or no?

4. smkspy

If Spoiler were cookies then I am the cookie monster.

5. Razerwire

News Credits:
    ***SPOILER ALERT***

Story opens up with Wolvering talking to Bucky in an abandoned barbershop. Wolverine asks Bucky to help in finding out if Captain America is really dead. Bucky says no.

Wolverine then seeks out Daredevil and with the aid of Dr. Strange, sneak into the Helicarrier where Wolverine interrogates Crossbones. Daredevil, being the living lie detector, assures Wolverine that Crossbones doesn't know who killed Cap. All that he knows is that he shot at him but didn't kill him.

Interesting thing that I didn't quite understand was why Wolverine placed a handgun on the table Crossbones was sitting at. At the end of the interrogation Crossbones picks up the gun and shoots many rounds at Wolverine point blank. Wolverine then proceeds to kick his ass.

After the fight, Wolverine tells Daredevil to get out of the Helicarrier because Dr. Strange only gave them ten minutes of concealment. Wolverine proceeds to Cap's coffin, opens it, takes a sniff and we're to presume that it is in fact, Steve Rogers in the casket. Iron Man and Hank Pym show up the instant that Dr. Strange's concealment is up.

Talk ensues. Iron Man lets him go because he wants Wolverine to tell everyone that it is indeed Steve Rogers in the casket. To let everyone who had hope to come to the realization that Steve Rogers is very dead.

Final panel ends with Wolverine walking out the door, back turned saying: "Stark. If I find out that you had anything to do with Cap's death... ... I'll kill you."

6. smkspy

seems ok...I'll wait for the trade.

THanks for the spoilers RW.

7. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It was a good read and the denial stage fits Wolverine. I'm looking forward to the other 4 issues.

8. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

I think it might be the same barbershop that Nick Fury used in order to get to SHIELD HQ, back in the old Steranko comics.

9. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Good read. The artist defietly fits this type of book better than New Avengers. The thing with the gun kinda confused me too, but I'll live.

And I don't know why, but I really dug seeing Wolverine side by side with Daredevil.

10. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pretty good issue and I love the artist. I agree Wolvie / Daredevil collabo FTW.

11. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    So...this takes place AFTER the most recent New Avengers? That's the only way it could make sense in the continuity.

12. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    RZ....the scene you were confused about, think wolvy did it knowing that crossbones would try something, therefore giving wolvy and excuse to go crazy on him....and i though this issue was ok, but nothing too great...we'' have to see how the rest goes now....

13. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Oh PLEASE let Wolverine get his hands on him!!! I just KNOW Hulk won't get his hands on the bastard!!!