Fallen Movie Poster New Info

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by starscreamjason, Jan 9, 2009.

1. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry to continue the off-topic-ness, but the uprising was started and planned by SG-1. So yes, 2 American soldiers (Jack and Carter) and 1 civilian (Daniel). It was a time travel episode so Teal'c wasn't there.

ON-TOPIC:
    If the Egyptians do shut down the Fallen then I'm gonna want a good explanation of how.

2. Scottimus

Scottimus That's what she said

Killer info. props to jason.

So then what is the Fallen's alt mode supposed to be? Is he supposed to transform into a giant pyramid or something? htf is that gonna work...

3. Brunstar

Brunstar Member

Here's a thought... Two Megatron rumors were out at the same time, him being a tank, and the autobots rebuilding him to help defeat the Fallen. Maybe that blue thing we saw in the sector 7 lab was Megs spark?
    Plus I can't get over how Megs damaged arm looks like it could strangle Shia, another rumor a while back.
    I just really want to hear the words "I still function" in this movie!

4. Malunis_T

Malunis_T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pyramids eh? This explains the pictures.

So far this movie sounds like a bunch of different movies put together, it's kind of confusing. First we simply just had a possible return of Starscream and introduction of Galvatron, then suddenly we have this mysterious lab people are breaking into, then a Pretender, and now a bunch of stuff regarding Egypt and Cybertronian writing.

Stuff like Jetfire and Devastator just doesn't fit in, in my mind... It's making them seem more like just non-canon toys. Perhaps it's intentional. If so, how sneaky. I definitely need to see this movie just for the purpose of finding out what it's all gonna be like.

5. unkle73

unkle73 Well-Known Member

After close examination, it's obvious that The Fallen designers decided to model his head features after the Decepticon insignia. And I just thought it was G1 Soundwave who showed the similarity!

6. Turnpike

Turnpike Brawl is my bee-otch

Headdress of a Pharao + Egyptian mythology =
    [​IMG]

7. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    Wow...pretty major info here! We've all seen assorted random things the last few weeks, leading back to the Ice Cream Truck pics.

I'll quote the original post and supply opinions, because I'm excited about all this.

"The Fallen was one of the 1st Transformers that came to earth to enslave after being outcasted by his rulers he was hailed as a god but later was enslaved in a Egyptian pyramid and lies asleep UNDER the pyramid waiting till it's time to get his revenge"

The Fallen was not the only TF to go to Earth back then, so perhaps the Egyptians had help in the form of another TF? I read an earlier post suggesting Jetfire....good idea.

Outcast by his rulers? Wonder if we'll see any info on this...they wanted to delve into Cybertronian lore, perhaps we'll see an Alpha Trion cameo?

Enslaved in an ancient pyramid. OK, well, obviously the word should be "entombed". not enslaved. No biggie, but I saw alot of posts asking how he could be "enslaved", which entails a whole lot more than being entombed, which simply could be a trap....easy to explain and I'm sure it'll be fine.

8. brawl 56

brawl 56 Aw..crap!

News Credits:
    Hmmm.... now I want a toy of him! :thumbs2: 

9. Legless Pete

Legless Pete Chairman Kaga

I have an inkling, nagging feeling that Megs and the Fallen are the same character somehow, maybe they merge. Megs becomes a cybertronic tank, so does the Fallen, it will get redundant unless they end up being the same being.

10. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

I will admit to not having read all 9 pages but isnt there an obvious solution:

Power source?

It could be that he ran out of energon and was then put under the pyramid - not like they could damage him!

Don't think there was much in terms of useable power supplies in those days....

11. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Fallen.... mmmm.

Toy please.

:) 

12. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    If this is the Fallen I cant wait to see a whole body shot, the face looks great!

13. example

example Well-Known Member

This movie is full of potencial. Don't let us down Mr. Bay.

(I want some CGI already :cry )

14. DieMaus

DieMaus is blawesome

News Credits:
    To be fair, it's not just the ancient Egyptians that Bay's insulting; if the first film was to be believed, even the modern Americans owe all of their technological expertise to Megatron. The Bay-verse line seems basically to be that we fleshbags pretty much suck, and would still be banging rocks together if not for the Transformers, so the whole "Fallen built the pyramids" thing actually fits in pretty well. :) 

Also, I'm not quite understanding the apparent prevailing anti-Unicron sentiments that seems to exist in the fanbase. I know the whole Unicron concept has been kind of played out a little in recent years, but the way I see it a live-action Unicron, rendered by ILM in true planet-dwarfing scale without all the visual cheats of his animated portrayals, would be an awe-inspiring spectacle unlike anything I've ever seen in film. Certainly it's not something I'd like to see immediately, but as a set-piece finale for whenever they do decide to tie up the film franchise it would be pretty unbeatable...

15. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

Im betting that Jetfire was around back in the day too, since he is suppose to be really old, and was a decepticon back then, and imprisoned The Fallen for what ever reason, under the pyramids.

16. dr.b

dr.b Well-Known Member

I have been reading a lot of these posts,and some of you guys are missing the point.For one thing it said he came to"enslave",he wasn't enslaved himself.
    I also read other posts saying"he may have crashed to earth dead or deactivated,and then his lifeless body was worshiped as a god.The details from the article said he was"deposed and imprisoned"which means he was forcibly removed from power.You can't depose a lifeless statue,as it can't do or say anything to resist you.

17. Devastattor

Devastattor Well-Known Member

With so much potential and so many great characters and story lines, this Fallen plot just seems to "copycat". Why, with so many story lines available, did they have to conjure up the Fallen for this one. Guess it's back to my gripe months ago. Looks like it's going to happen so I'll just grin and bear it. Hopefully with so much action and so many characters, it'll be an entertaining summer flick despite the overall plot. Fingers still crossed it will be a winner.

Oh, and they'd still better bring back Megatron at some point, even if it's in number 3. If Megatron is gone for good, that will suck big time.

18. Sablebot

Sablebot #thinkitaintillegalyet

You're right to a point, Die Maus

19. Sablebot

Sablebot #thinkitaintillegalyet

Loosecannon, you may be on to something here. . .

Before I state what I state, find out for yourselves.

With that said, I'll say this: Loosecannon, considering the ORIGINAL word for pyramid, you may be on to something. Pyramid is an English "adaption" of the Greek word "Pyramidos" which means "fire in the middle". However, the original word for those structures, (which is not a Greek or English word, but an ancient Kemetan[Egyptian] word, since Egypt is not in Greece, England, or any other European place) is the ancient word PER-NETER which literally translates to the following, "House of Nature" and "House of Energy". It's odd to me how many still use Greek or English words to describe a people, culture, and civilization that did not and does not emanate or originate from either of those two things.:inquisiti  :inquisiti 

20. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    I'm definitely leaning towards the Jetfire idea. He was injured in his battle with the Fallen, so the Cons left him on Earth, now he's been in hiding since then, until Sam wakes him up with the "shard".