Fallen confirmed for TF2

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Gaastra, Jun 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

What? I'm actually pretty surprised. I guess we'll have to see what happens. I still hate the title though.

3. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This should be an interesting movie if the news here is true.

4. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

I hope it's not really confirmed. It's gonna be a big mess IMO. 3 factions plus at least 50% human screentime (not that I'm blaming them but it's inevitable), I don't see how it can work.

As far as we know there'll be a Blackbird scene, Barricade scene, Ice-cream truck chase scene, motorbike scenes, F-22 scenes. maybe even a Megatron revival scene. I don't see how the Fallen can fit in there.

5. grock35

grock35 Hmmmm...

News Credits:
    i like the fallen as a character...but i'm not sure how he's going to be handled for the movie....that's a rough one

6. butz

butz slippery when wet

Eh, I don't buy it. It would just be waaay too stupid of a move for them to make.

7. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder how close The Fallen will relate to his comics roots. I mean, will he be the gateway by which Primus and Unicron are introduced to the movieverse, or is this just the next logical step in Bay's love for robots with flames?
    :bay 

8. Acidophilus

Acidophilus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree. This sound like misinformation.

9. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I mean, it IS plausible. What would Bay want more than a robot that's always on fire?

10. Da_Razorsaw

Da_Razorsaw Highwire ownz j00

News Credits:
    Sounds like awesome inside sources, to me.

11. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Unless they revive Megatron and he is called or becomes the Fallen... totally doesn't jive with the established universe. But then again we're dealing in something totally new and mostly unrelated to any older storyline... just robots that transform with names we all know and love...

12. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If all the information we get from now until he movie comes out, I want this one piece to be true.

13. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    All of this stuff is too much nerdfiction for a sequel to the first movie. I doubt it's going to happen, and even if he IS in there, they wont pile on all of that backstory and overdrama.

14. Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo Bonecrusher Hates You

News Credits:
    I outright refuse to believe 'The Fallen' is in the movie until I see the name printed on a Hasbro Toy Box.

15. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    sounds to me that if true the next movie can simply be designated "Clusterfuck".

I honestly don't see how he can fit into the movie. I thought the fallen was one of the first 13 created by primus who was warped by unicron.

seeing how Primus and Unicron don't exist I call shennanigans. (besides there are far better stories to be told)

16. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    I hope its not true. I just don't know how it can work. The general audience has just gotten to see the Transformers from the last film. There hasn't been any real character development and they already want to introduce some sort of "Big Bad". If this is true, it is going to seem very forced. We as long time fans, would be ok seeing a ton of bots and cons running around, along with some big all evil transformer trying to kill everything. Thats only because we already know the mythology. It is only going to confuse the general adience though.

Also if this is true I don't know how the movie cannot end with some sort of cliffhanger. Bay has said this movie won't lead into the 3rd film, but if all this is true I don't see how it can't. In the end I call shenanigans.

17. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He can always have a different backstory, such as being warped by the power of the allspark insted of Unicron.

18. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know... I'm calling BS for now, but one never knows what they're going to be doing. Still, I just don't see the Fallen as anything larger than a giant fanwank to the TF Universe (if we ever get another interpretation of him in other media my opinion might change, but for now I wasn't really thrilled with him in Dark Ages) and I just don't see him going over well as a character unless he gets a complete overhaul.

That, and I don't see non-fans getting into this (not yet anyways) as it seems to early to be introducing a third faction (or Dark God) into the movie franchise... as fans we'd be okay with a bunch Autobots & Decepticons running around trying to fight each other with one Dark God trying to destroy the Universe... I just don't think the genral audience would be ready for that. Save it for TF three or a second Trilogy if they make more than three movies.

Only way I could see this even remotely working is that if The Fallen doesn't play a large role in this movie (kind of like how the Emperor really didn't have a large role in The Empire Strikes Back), but only shows up to ressurect Megatron and than is only seen talking with Megs from time to time after that (and maybe an occasional punishment for failure or some such), but not as THE BAD GUY of the film.

Still, I'm really hoping this is BS, but if done right it does have a lot of cool potential I'll admit... taking a grain of salt for now...

19. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Like this?

20. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hoorah! a giant robot that's on fire for some reason, Unicron for TF3 then :p 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.