Fall os Cybertron Toyline

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Driftveil, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Driftveil

Driftveil You find me offensive

Edit: oh god I put 'os' instead of 'of'...

Well chaps, I was just over on the toy section of the boards, and I noticed that a disappointingly large amount of collectors really seem to despise everything about the designs of Highmoon's robots. Can anyone tell me why this is? I think they are pretty cool compared to the shit that everyone on there claims to be the best (G1 may be great, but the designs aren't the greatest).

What's the deal with that?!

[​IMG]

2. TheJackal

TheJackal Banned

I have the FOC figures and I think they're pretty good, a little small maybe but still not bad. If I had a gripe about anything it would be the size but thats minimal.

It's a great line.. Id say get them if you want to collect them.

3. Driftveil

Oh trust me, I love the WFC/FOC lines, but I noticed the majority dislike the line, and even the designs themselves. I just can't see how so many people find them bad.

4. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a couple. I think they're pretty cool. Wish I could find Shockwave. I'll even get those inaccurate combaticons, if they ever come to my local stores.

5. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    People are just hurt over either the so-called "complexity" of WFC or the size of FOC.

6. Driftveil

I'm hoping the SDCC Bruticus is still around next year when I have more cash to spare so I can pick up that bad boy.

7. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Part of it may be they can't handle Cybertronian designs I guess... except that High Moon Studios has made some of the best Cybertronian designs since G1.

A "Cybertronian" mode is usually just an excuse to make half-assed toys. Have the toy turn into a thing that kinda likes like a vehicle if you squint.

However, WFC and FOC actually had EFFORT put into their Cybertronian vehicles.

But, I don't think that's the problem people are having with these toys. I love the designs themselves, but I won't run out and buy these toys. Jazz cheats with his transformation, Optimus cheats too and is less interesting as a toy than his predecessor, the Combaticons are more trouble than they are worth IMO (getting them all and forming a kind of mediocre looking Bruticus). Honestly, only Starscream and Shockwave really appeal to me, and that's probably because they are designs I've been waiting for in plastic form since WFC came out.

8. Driftveil

I have to agree. Only Shockwave appealed to me thus far (Bruticus I liked as well, but too much money). Aside from Grimlock, Starscream next year is on the very top of my list on things I need to get.

9. TheJackal

TheJackal Banned

next year for grimlock & starscream.... that sucks!! I WANT EM NOW!

10. Driftveil

I'm actually not sure about Grimmy, but I know Starscream, Fireflight, Kickback, Soundwave/Soundblaster, and Magnus come out in January, I believe.

11. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    The reason people hate the new optimus is because of his new design though I love the new look.

On the most part people hate them because they are filling in the whole generations line and that they have cybertronian alt modes and people hate the new size people will nitpick at every part of the figure they can.

In a few years people will be like darn I wish I picked up the FOC figures....

I am going to try and get them all!

12. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hate the new look to optimus. he has a huge gap between the windows. it puts me off. and as for the combatacons, they have huge gaps on their backs. onslaught needs a fan made roof in alt mode. bumblebee is wearing a diaper.

as for the rest: drool

13. TNG Prime

TNG Prime TNG Prime IS a title!

The people complaining about these toys are the same utter idiots who complained about the Movie toys.

Complex designs is GOOD.

14. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    there is complex designs and then there is bumblebee. now he is on a completely different level

15. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    I love all of them so far. Although for some reason I find myself reluctant to pick up Jazz, I still love him.
    OPTIMUS IS BEAST AND I LOVE HIM AND HUG HIM AND BLAST MEGATRON WITH HIM AND NO ONE CAN TELL ME OTHERWISE

And I don't get the Bruticus hate, I have him and he's FREAKIN AMAZING!

16. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You should get Jazz. I'm enjoying it. As for the rest of the, I plan on getting all of them. I have all the WFC ones except Cliffjumper but that's because I'm hoping he gets a new mold.

17. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    Actually I meant it literally. He's right next to me and I'm hesitant to pick him up or do anything with him for no reason even though I love him.

18. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah I see.

19. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Actually it seemed to me opinions are about half. I love the designs and want toys of everything.

20. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I actually like the FoC designs over the current PRiD line