Fall of Cybertron Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ironhide1706, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    I am pretty eager for most of the FOC figures to come out,but I see one or two I could live without like many others Bruticus himself,all tho I do like the individual figures just not the combined form.I also am not that excited about Kickback either,he absolutely has zero resemblance to his G1 self,he is just plain weird.

But I do think the rest are pretty decent,tho I got one query who is that red autobot spaceship that's a remold of Shockwave?,I just can't figure out who he is,any help would be appreciated.Oh and the best I think is between Ultra Magnus and Optimus Prime even tho a lot on here don't like them.

2. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Fireflight

3. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Was Soundwave the only one revealed to be getting a voyager? Stupid theory but I've been wondering if maybe this means he'll have a bigger role in the game. Anyways, the only toys I want from this line so far are: Soundwave, Shockwave, Starscream, and Sideswipe. If we end up getting Ironhide, cool, but I'm still hoping we get Air Raid and Warpath.

4. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Here's something interesting.
    Decepticon Molds: 12
    - Soundwave, Ravage, Laserbeak, Frenzy/Rumble, Shockwave, Starscream, Kickback, and the Combaticons
    Autobot Molds: 2
    - Optimus and Jazz

I'm sure the Bots got a lot more planned, but it is refreshing seeing both the Cons getting the spotlight and a lack of cars.

5. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I believe it was said Soundwave will be a voyager solely so they could do the minicon gimick for him.

6. CyrDraconis

CyrDraconis Well-Known Member

Interesting indeed, given the way the toyline tends to be more Autobot heavy normally. I think the Sideswipe retool is different enough to count for the 'bots, but that's still 4:1 in favor of the 'cons. Announced redecos balance it out a little, but...

7. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Optimus Prime: Too blocky, I don't like its head, and WfC Prime just looks better.
    Ultra Magnus: ... now we're talking. The blockiness works for him, the head looks better, and I have nothing to compare him with. Bought on sight.
    Jazz: ... meh. I don't see the point. RtS Jazz is pretty much everything I would ever want in a Jazz. A version with a less recognizable alt-mode, worse proportions, and less interesting gimmicks is exceedingly skippable.
    Sideswipe: Pretty much the same as Jazz, except that Universe SS isn't as good as RtS Jazz. I still prefer it.
    Shockwave: Oh so much want. He looks great and posable in robot mode, the clear purple plastic looks great, and the alt-mode is menacing and cool looking. Bought on sight.
    Fireflight: He looks stellar. Not super Fireflight-y, but the remold just looks great and the colors work with the mold. Might buy, depending on how much I like my Shockwave.
    Starscream: Looks solid, but... not convinced. I might get a Thundercracker repaint.
    Kickback: Surprisingly nice. Didn't think I'd say this but I think I'll pick him up. His weapon seems neat and it's always nice to get some variety in alt-modes (I'm pretty happy whenever anything that isn't a car comes out at this point).

Soundwave & Cassettes: ... oh dear god in heaven yes.

Bruticus: If I can't get the in-game colors, I'm going to skip. The individual figures don't wow me and Brawl, Onslaught, and Vortex look terrible in the Energon color scheme.
    Onslaught: Looks cool, but generic. I wouldn't get him if he were a standalone figure, despite liking Onslaught. I was fine with the new color scheme, but the bright guns just turn me off.
    Brawl: I like the alt-mode, but the arms are sort of spindly. I hate the brightness of the Energon version, but I probably wouldn't get the figure if it weren't a combiner.
    Swindle: I am a huge Swindle fan, but this figure is so disappointing. Absolutely nothing about the mold screams "Swindle." The head seems to be based off of the Alternators figure, which is the less iconic version. The alt-mode is uninspired, and his gun is not what you think of when you think "Decepticon arms dealer." That said, I might actually pick up the Energon version since its colors match the Alternator even better. I just wish the figure were better.
    Vortex: I think the mold looks great. Good looking futuristic chopper, solid robot. That said, the Energon colors are just awful. Red/orange and purple belongs only in one place: G2 Swindle. But it just looks so messy on Vortex. I'd consider picking up the accurate version at retail, but definitely not the Energon version.
    Blast Off: I am buying either version. I love how this mold looks. I think I'd slightly prefer the accurate version (assuming it's got that nice metallic sheen, otherwise I'd actually prefer the Energon version). The only Combaticon I'm definitely getting.

8. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

Personally, im hoping blast-off is not gold, if metal flakes were no longer causing issues people would not be complaining about this issue with thundercracker and kup.
    I plan on getting the sdcc bruticus and shockwave, sideswipe, ultra magnus, insecticon, and star scream are on my maybe list.
    Of voyagers, I may get soundwave and I am hoping that with the door opened we will hear soon about an appropriately sized shockwave and grimlock, hopefully swoop and slag will be announced soon.

9. NemesisBrime

NemesisBrime Well-Known Member

the only ridiculous one would be that insecticon. how stupid does that bot mode look :p