Fall of Cybertron Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ironhide1706, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

Mods, apologies if there is a similar thread. If so, please merge or delete. Thanks.

Now that Botcon has started and we're likely to see some new figures for the Fall of Cybertron line, let's start a discussion for the toy line itself. How do you feel about the aesthetics? Do they look to be a step backwards from War for Cybertron? What figures do you want most?

Personally, I can't wait for Shockwave and Starscream. Both look fantastic.

Note: This is a discussion thread, not an appreciation thread. Even so, please keep the negativity to a minimum, this is supposed to be fun.

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shockwave - Awesome
    Starscream - Looks pretty good
    Jazz - Blech
    Optimus Prime - wtf man, this is awful
    Bruticus - Ugly, the gestalt has shitty proportions (Onslaught needs to be bigger, and it looks like he's standing on car/tank stilts) and the individual bots have lanky limbs. Still going to buy though just to see what it's like and to support Hasbro doing combiners.

3. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    My only problem with the Optimus Prime is that the new tiny Deluxe size completely undermines the idea he's supposed to be a bulked-up Powermasterish version of himself. But I like the design. The toy looks okay. Vehicle looks great. I really hope he is colored like the version shown, with silver rims and everything.

Shockwave seems to be the only one revealed so far that is just flat-out great.

Jazz... eh. Not horrible, but it is skippable. A repaint along the lines of that digibash someone did recoloring him as Chromedome would definitely get my money, though.

The latest Bruticus pictures have sold me. I don't like those colors as much as the first in-game look we saw, but either these are slightly less offensive than the previous day-glow shots we saw, or I am just getting used to these colors. I'll be getting these.

They haven't shown any Grimlock shots yet, but they would have to seriously mess that up for me not to want one.

4. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Starscream? O.O There is no FOC Starscream toy.Or is it? O.O

5. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got revealed a while ago.

6. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

I think I'm gonna get most of this line. I mean so far what have we seen? Jazz, Prime, Shockwave, the Combaticons... am I missing anyone? Out of those I think I'll get them all if I can. Don't see why not. :) 

7. seali_me

seali_me Dakilang Mandirigma

Honestly, I want them all.

If I have to pick.

- Jazz
    - Shockwave
    - Prime

8. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I'm a Decepticon fan, so I'm naturally drawn to them and oblivious to the Autobots.

Shockwave looks awesome, as does Starscream:
    [​IMG]
    Bruticus... the main thing I'm hesitant about is the color scheme. I'm OK with either but would much rather have the game-accurate one. I'm sure they'll both get released somehow (what tells me the good one will be Asia-exclusive?); after all, how often does Hasbro do two completely different official stock photos? I'm getting him regardless, but I really would like to know what's the deal.
    Bruticus could be done better, of course, but I can't really complain about a "true" 5-man combiner team (individual bots, no repaints, no combiner kibble, & Scramble City; when was the last time that happened? Certainly before I got into the hobby). Plus, Brawl was my favorite character in WfC (mostly because he was also in the '07 movie, which got me into Transformers).

I'd love to get Barricade (again, a fave from WfC and '07 movie; Cyberverse/Scout, preferably) and the Dinobots (5 Autobots I do care about), but I'm more than happy with the above 7.

9. mjcrow

mjcrow Well-Known Member

I don't like Shockwave's alt mode, but bot mode looks good.

10. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So far 'm excited for all of it except Optimus. The figure itself looks good and I like it, however, the pics just make it look very small. Small in a way that optimus shouldn't be. I'm not saying he shuld be a voyager but it feels like the deluxe needs a little more bulk.

11. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Holy Mother of all Cows! that is amazing!!!!! Is it Deluxe? Please, let it be a Deluxe T////T

12. OmegaSupreme235

OmegaSupreme235 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I wonder if we will hear anything about a FOC special edition video game with maybe a SE Figure.

13. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    i'm probably gonna get everyone but prime. his alt mode is awesome but he's just too tiny. hopefully the combaticons don't come with those colors. if they do, i'm repainting them.

14. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    Shockwave looks decent, besides being pathetically tiny. Jazz, Optimus and the Combaticons/Bruticus look like a monkey designed them blindfolded. Worst TF toys I've seen in 3 or 4 years.

Edit: Starscream doesn't look bad either.

15. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Once and Future Slicer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll end up passing on everything but the Combaticons, as I can't justify spending enough to get them all. Plus, Prime and Jazz look terrible.

The gallery over on tformers.com sold me on the Combaticons by the way. The more I look at it, the more the colors grow on me. I just wish Vortex wasn't so ugly.

If you see that gallery though, be warned, FoC Bruticus really needs a third party group to make him a back pack. It isn't good that you can see Onslaught's head right there on Bruticus's back.

16. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    There's some sort of Japanese robot design that WFC Starscream reminds me of - I just can't think what at the moment.

Anyone got any ideas ?

17. wm10k

wm10k Reanimator of Dead Things

i really like that Starscream but I wish he could get a larger scaled toy.

I MAY be tempted to get him...but he is staying MOC in the hopes that there are Thundercracker and Skywarp decos eventually available....if not he'll get sold in due time.

18. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    anyone have any idea of the combaticons are going to be released a few a wave or are they all going to be in the same case assortment?

19. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Optimus- I actually kinda like it.
    Jazz- It's...okay.
    Shockwave- Yummy.
    Bruticus/Combaticons- Cool despite MY EYES!! I just hope we still get the "calm" colors.
    Starscream- See Shockwave.

Same case. :D 

20. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

I like and plan to get all of them except Optimus, as the WFC one does just fine, and already has the added bonus of having a Nemesis Prime version which probably wasn't that cheap for my wife to get for me, and I really don't feel like replacing the WFC molds.