Fall of Cybertron Gameplay Roundtable & Special Edition Podcast

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by cgibsonREX, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The reason for no females is pretty stupid. When you get down to it, HMS isn't really committed to out doing themselves. Sure, they're improving on MP, but is it really an improvement when they admit to no even trying to blow it out of the water during their first attempt? They wanted to tease and bait fans with it, and the succeeded. Now they're putting in all the stuff the purposefully held back and a little more to make it look like a huge upgrade.

On the story side of things, I don't care how Matt Tieger tries to spin it, FoC’s presentation will be weaker than WFC’s. How is FOC going to top Co-Op campaign play? It can’t! I guess that’s why HMS doesn’t want to call it a sequel, but a successor to first, but I don’t care what you call it, it will still feel inferior in some regards, but perhaps none more than Co-Op campaign play. How many people actually hated that feature anyway?

WFC’s story was evenly split over two campaigns for Autobots and Decepticons that could be played in either order. That was such a brilliant idea! The new style is far from balanced, the Autobots will have to campaigns to the Decepticons’ one. Matt said one of the problems with the campaign play was repetition, and it sounds like their solution to this problem was to make character specific missions. Sadly, this set up strengths one of the problems WFC had with limited character playability. Characters like Iron Hide and Warpath only got one got in WFC, and only see this trend continuing in FOC. Seeing that HMS is going to continue their four MP classes, I don’t see why you couldn’t have Co-Op campaign play as every character in the game is forced into one of four classes. How can a Scout not have another scout accompany him or her on a mission or a Scientist, Leader or Soldier? I think HMS is missing a major opportunity to flesh out the story by not using the buddy system. Having someone to fire off dialog with is a great way to explain a character, and WFC did this very well with every dialog.

Female character models might have made MP a nightmare, as HMS would have to make new custom parts for them, if they wanted to keep that balanced female look, but did they really have to? You lose most of your look when you transform, so why would it matter? Female characters would have added another different robot type to the game, which is pretty freaking far from a bad idea. One of WFC’s problems was seeing the same enemy designs used over and over again. Transforming AI enemies sounds pretty cool, but the fame could have been achieved with female characters of different body types—HMS still has to animate these soulless transforming drones hunting their prey.

Elita-1 and her soldiers could have impacted the story in a great way, illustrating great sacrifices made in order to protect their home and each other. I also like the idea of the females staying on Cybertron to battle Shockwave after the men have all left—no weak female characters here, just bad @$$ soldiers, every one of them.

2. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    Thank goodness I'm not alone on this.

As unlikely as it is to get a response, maybe you should try to message them with this info. Your descriptions got your questions asked, so maybe you should try again with the actual creators.

3. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    sounds like someone hasn't been doing his 3D modeling homework

4. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

Yeah it seems once again mp is the heavy focus of this game as was WFC. I mean talking about a whole team on mp and dodging the question on level length. He says they play them everyday and know where everything is, ok knowing that how long to the end then just take a guess and tell how long it takes to finish for those that wouldn't know.
    I don't mind having mp in games but you can have a nice long entertaining experience in sp, and mp it's been done in other games before you don't have to trade one for the other.

5. shadowsfm

News Credits:
    i disagree. we know nothing of multiplayer but the customization, which leads me to think they have been focusing only on singleplayer the last 12 months

6. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why are people saying Escalation won't be in? They never said that.

The way I interpreted what he said was that there WILL be Escalation of some sort. Maybe changed up a bit.

7. cagey

cagey Well-Known Member

Could someone pls tell me the source of the art for this story that was linked to the TFW2005 main page? (LINK)

Edit: Sorry - I mean what is the art from - a rendering from the game itself, or just independent work in support of the article? It is awesome.

8. shadowsfm

News Credits:
  9. Skytron

Skytron Member

it seems they put a lot of features the best is you crate your own character