Fall of Cybertron for PC?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by TheSCATTORSHOT, Oct 12, 2011.

?

Would you buy Fall of Cybertron on PC?

1. Yes, I want FoC on PC

53.8%
  2. No, I don't want FoC on PC

14.4%
  3. I own a PC but prefer to buy a console version.

31.7%
  1. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear that friend, but if you read my post you'd have noticed I specifically said "for silly reasons". A tornado isn't really a silly reason, and doesn't disprove what I said. You can always get another console when you settle down, which I earnestly hope you do not have any trouble doing.

2. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm sitting within 3 feet of both a PS3 and 360 right now... and I'd still much rather have a competent PC port, because, fact of the matter is, when it comes to graphics and framerate, the two "BEST GAMING CONSOLES" don't light a candle to even a mid-range PC by today's standards.

On the other hand, I have to respect the fact that it's a smart move for them to NOT put the game on PC, because I honestly believe the majority of people who obtain it would definitely not be paying for it.

3. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    I can definitely agree that PC graphics destrooooooy consoles. But the fact of the matter is, it isn't coming to PC. So, one must either get a console or don't play it, simple as that. (Note: This wasn't directed at you, TJ, it was a general statement)

4. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Too true on the graphics. There's something to be said for the simplicity of console gaming, especially for kids or if you're impatient. That being said, as impatient as I am, I still much prefer the options given to me when PC gaming. In no way am I saying consoles are inferior, quite the opposite in fact. Just not my choice of gaming these days.

Fair enough, but what about the people, such as those of us on this very board, that did pay for it? I paid $40.00 through Steam. I constantly receive time outs on servers, lag when I do connect and it was a hell of a short game. I shouldn't have to buy the game and a console to play it. I mean, I've upgraded my GPU, CPU, HDD, PSU, MOBO and for what? To come home empty handed? The list of games not coming to PC will grow. It sucks.
    After that kind of money, I'd like to know I'd be able to play games on the damn thing.

5. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Honestly, I understand that bemoaning can get annoying, but as long as it's contained to one thread like this issue is, there's definitely a place for valid complaint.

When a group is vocal when it comes to ports, believe me, it happens. Super Street Fight IV didn't get a PC Port initially, but by the time the update had happened (Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Upgrade), enough people had been vocal to the point to where, yep, it got a PC release, and it lights console versions on fire.

Now, will I get it on console? Oh, heck yea man, and honestly, I'm sure I won't be disappointed. That still doesn't take away the fact that I would have opted for PC if the choice was there.

If I were a weaker man, I'd give it a few months after release to see if there's a port, but naaaaaah. Need me some Grimmy now.

And don't worry about the personal thing... I appreciate you noting that, but I'm a pretty laid back dude. I took it as general, and I respect your opinion. :) 

It's ok to call consoles inferior to PC, because, wellllll, they ARE. However, that's not necessarily a negative thing, because they do magnificent things for what they're worth on their own!

Oh, dude, I said a majority, so if you paid for the previous WFC game, or PC games in general, that obviously excludes you, but let's not be hive-minded and pretend like software piracy isn't a very big problem on the PC side of things.

It's unfortunate that it seems like you upgraded a lot of your computer's specs for a "maybe" in FOC, but you should be happy to have a competent PC because there are obviously many more games and things you can do with those upgrades as well.

6. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    And there is no piracy on consoles? I think that's a rumor.

7. MC Rap Throne

MC Rap Throne unknown member

News Credits:
    I ain't buying a console just for this freakin' game. They can go to hell.

8. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    I bought a new comp while they had that whole "Free Xbox" campaign, so I'm good. I'm shocked more people didn't go this route

9. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "I ain't buying a new computer just for [INSERT PC EXCLUSIVE WITH INSANE REQUIREMENTS]. They can go to hell."

Actually I've got a decent PC, but I prefer most games on consoles these days.

As gamers/consumers, we all make choices. There are exclusives on all platforms. No use bitching about it.

10. Dudelsack

Dudelsack New Member

Why should I invest money in a device with too old hardware, when I have a PC?
    Another reason why I don't play on consoles is, that I'd rather play games on a PC (for several reasons).

I have a console, a PS2, but I used it only for watching DVDs, because gaming on that machine sucked.

A developers' task is to produce a game which is playable on any platform, as long as the platform meets the requirements (and a PC definitely meets the requirements) - HMS/Activision are just too lazy to do that, that's all.

11. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sure it takes no time or effort at all to port the code to another platform and support it. I'm sure it's just laziness and not about cost at all :rolleyes2 

"A developers' task is to produce a game which is playable on any platform, as long as the platform meets the requirements"

Says who?

12. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

HAHAHHAHAHA exactly!

13. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    lol, nope.

14. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Geez, thank you.

I got a ps3 and 360 as well, there's several games I enjoy playing on both of them too. But when it comes down to my competitive shooter friends, they play on pc. I have an older pc now but the graphics ARE STILL BETTER THEN WHAT I GET OUT OF MY PS3/360.

No, that doesn't mean that I'm entitled to the game coming out for my preferred gaming device, and no it doesn't mean I will boycott the product, that's just silly. But what it does mean is if they had decided to produce a PC port with support (unlike rotf/wfc), I would have bought it and I'm sure many others would have as well.

It's not the gamers fault the PC port of wfc sold like shit. People did buy it, and people told other people so on and so forth that it was decent, but a shitty port compared to what consoles ended up getting. It prevented word of mouth sales, where there really were no flaws in the console versions. IT WAS HIGH MOON AND ACTIVISIONS FAULT THAT THEY DID NOT SUPPORT A FAULTY PRODUCT AND HINDERED THEIR OWN SALES.

I'm just gonna finalize by saying I don't think they know how to make or support a proper PC game. With low PC sales to begin with, they refused to put in the time to invest in the product and now just decide to cut it out like a cancer because they don't know how to treat it.

That's my bitching for they day, thank you for reading. :) 

15. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    Cracka J has hit the nail on the head. My issue with HMS & Activision, solely stems from the compete & total lack of support for PC gamers from day one of WFC's release.

I for one am happy it's not seeing a PC release. I strongly believe, if a company is not willing to support a title on all platforms equally. Don't bother releasing it for that platform.

I'm more then happy to spend my hard earned money on Dev's that treat all gamers the same. No matter the platform.

16. optimus12380

optimus12380 Well-Known Member

For me, since I have decided to up root traveling around looking for new opportunity and a fresh start in life...it's why I decided to buy a hardcore gaming laptop that can do everything I need and that can connect to the internet wherever I may be...so far while traveling I've been able to connect and play Call of Duty MW2 from McD's...as much as I miss having a PS3, it couldn't travel like my laptop.

Anyways, I think WFC would've been far more successful on the PC if it was marketed through Steam with downloadable content. Just didn't seem like there was no interest in marketing the game to the pc gamers and certainly not much support for online gaming.

17. Predacon

Predacon Well-Known Member

It works like this for me:

No PC game = No buying and that includes toys (unless I can repurpose them)

Sorry but the way my collecting goes is that I have to like the fiction to care enough to buy the toys. If I can't play the game, there is no buying.

And no, I will not buy a console just to play one game - The only gaming platform that appeals to me is the PC.

18. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    No PC version of FOC is a major bummer....Then agian I'm thinking of getting a PS3 so it's not a total loss. Looks like there's no Wii version too,but that's okay I never liked how they did WFC on the Wii system anyway.

19. atomicmuffin

atomicmuffin Escalationer

I agree with Cracka J. Im not so much angry that they are not putting FoC on the PC, Im just pissed that they never supported the PC with WFC. I mean its obvious to most of PC gamers that if they didnt support WFC, then chances are is that they would never have supported FoC.

It's a slippery slope, they didnt support the PC, how long before devs quit supporting consoles as well? Especially when the next big platform comes around, whatever that may be.

20. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This poll is for PC gamers - if HM announced a PC version, would you buy it?

The idea is that we can use this thread to demonstrate the interest for a PC version of the game.