Fake G2 Defensor on eBay

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Erector, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
  2. The Barracuda

The Barracuda Retro, bitches.

Huh. I'm surprised some people actually believe that knockoff is a G2 Defensor (I actually own it, the knock-off that is...); I'd hope someone looking for the actual figures/prototypes would do five minutes worth of research before committing any cash. But this guy is either an idiot or a very shrewd bastard and if so, he should be kicked off of ebay for trying to package this as authentic. I love how after the words "rare and genuine" he puts I believe to cover his ass.

3. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel sorry for the poor suckers who bid on it. :(  Reported!

4. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That KO sucks ass.

5. Red Hope

Red Hope Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I've talked to that seller previously and almost purchased a G1 Soundwave. But he honestly told me the TF's condition, which was the same as mine. So I didn't buy it. He seems like a pretty nice guy. He was willing to weed through my TF inventory to see if he had anything to sell me. I just didn't get to it.

I did notice that G2 Defensor of his because I'm trying to complete my G2s. As The Barracuda said, I did the research first. I believe Hasbro was going to make a G2 Defensor in the line but never did it. Maybe the seller just doesn't know what he has or he does know and is being shady. Idk.

But like they say... buyer beware.

6. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    What a total A hole.

7. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Not this prick again.

8. bellyboy

bellyboy working working working

News Credits:
    i have to say i have only good experiences with this seller
    kind and honest !!!!

9. Dogbomber

Dogbomber Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I almost get the G1 Superion from him but after I see the location of the stickers applied on the item, I started to have doubt and then I did my research on TFU.info and confirmed his item is fake. And took me awhile to explain to him that his one is fake.

He is a kind seller but a careless one. Need to be very careful with his description. I just bought 3 items from him. Before bidding, emails answered as no rusty, no stressmark, no yellowing but guess what, all of these appears on the items.

I am going to email him to ask for refund, which is not a pleasant experience for me. On top of that, I would advise anyone to ask as many questions as possible before the deal with him. Most of his items are not so clean..

10. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    what's he do with them?

let his dog play with them? wipe his ass with them?

are they like dusty not dusted off or dirty as in like played in dirt dirty?

11. Dogbomber

News Credits:
    no idea. most of his item I would grade C4-5, only with exception of a few items are mint.

He is unwilling to post more photos or links to his photos. Else can avoid a lot of misunderstanding.

12. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I bought what was supposedly a mint G1 Banzaitron from him and when it arrived, it was missing huge chunks of paint, was as floppy as hell and had the most disgusting grey/brown slime in all the crevices and joints. It looked like a total junker.

When I complained, he started playing the "woe is me" story about how he is just an honest guy just trying to make a few extra quid and how he's not like one of those big mean eBay stores...

Basically, he is a liar and a thief. I would advise anyone not to buy from him. It is not just the experience I had with him, as I have heard several other horror stories about this guy.

He knows full well what he is listing and is very careful about what information he includes in his listing and how he takes his pictures. Apparently, he has multiple eBay accounts as well. I am going to keep on reporting his fraudulent auctions until he is finally banned and eBay becomes a better place.

13. Dogbomber

News Credits:
    Mind to let me know what are the other accounts of him? I think I saw almost the same set of toys sold in UK ebay.

Does he offer refund of certain % to you when he admitted there was a mistake on him for overlooking the condition of the toy?

14. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I'm not exactly sure what the names are he uses for his other accounts, but you can tell if you come across any of his auctions under his alt IDs, as he has a very distinctive style of listing/taking pics. I know some other members on TFW know what other names he goes under (I think he has 4 accounts in total?). Basically anything listed as "rare and genuine" with a grainy photo and often a 1p on the pic with the figure will be him. Literally everything he sells, regardless of actual state, is listed as being in excellent conditon.

When I complained about my Banzaitron to him, he dug his heels in pretty hard and it took me a while to get the refund out of him once I'd returned the figure with tracking. He refused to pay the full return postage cost so I negotiated him down to split the costs in the end. I say negotiated, but really it was only the threat of a Paypal claim that scared him into action.
    Even then, when tracking showed the figure had arrived he wasn't going to refund the money until I sent him several e-mails about it.

He had already re-listed the item before we'd even agreed that I'd send it back to him and he commented in his item description that I was (in caps) a "TIME WASTER!"

I think the auction had a few hours left when I actually sent it back to him, so that proves that not everything he lists he actually has in his possession at the time.

Finally, I gave him negative feedback to warn off anyone else who might be duped into buying from him. He sent me more abusive messages after that and claimed that I was being unfair and he fed me one sob story after another.

Please, for your own good, steer well clear of this scam artist.

15. Red Hope

Red Hope Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Definitely good to know. Thanks for the heads up!